IGNORED

Derek McInnis

RUSSEL85

I read somewhere he had to halve the wage bill from £18million to £9million, and did so accordingly. Giving thought to the crap he inherited, and the falling stone as a club we were, poor Derek was ice skating uphill from the start. 

Think some city fans are slightly harsh on him, we employed a rookie at this level after all.

You can see him going to somewhere like Sheffield Wednesday in the future and giving it a real good go. 

Perhaps a case of right manager, wrong time, but then cliche of never go back is used in regards to even successful past club managers. Mccinnes wasn’t successful, so the answer has to be no in regards to us. 

48 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He had none of the benefits that LJ inherited. The state of the club from Directors to Academy was a total disgrace.

I firmly believe that if the clear out done by him and SOD had been done before he joined City, that he would have been successful in progressing the playing side from first team to academy.

I would have him back but after the way he was treated here, he would not even consider a return.

Bloody hell.........now it’s being claimed that one of our previous (failed) managers was better than LJ............good grief........scrapping the barrel for a negative jibe at our Head Coach,

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Hartley and Murray say hi

Well, technically we didn’t get Murray from Scotland - we got him from an obscure Midlands club - but on the Scottish footballer front, I’m with you 100% - where would our club be if we hadn’t enjoyed Gerry Gow, John Shaw, Sam Gilligan, Tom Ritchie, Gerry Sweeney, Bobby Hutchinson, Archie Annan, Donnie Gillies, Joe Jordan, David Moyes, Jock Taylor, David Rennie, Jamie McAllister, Scott Murray, Paul Hartley, Mark Gavin, Stuart Munro, Michael McIndoe, Charlie Sutherland....etc, etc...

.....and how many people realise what a conveyor belt of talent Morton FC has been?! They churned out Joe Jordan, Donnie Gillies, Gerry Sweeney and Mark Gavin....

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Where on earth did the name of McInnes come from?  

Jeez.............:facepalm:

Its not as if there’s a vacancy..

You really are getting more repetitive than the LJ out brigade now.  Lighten up have a debate!  Or you can just head back to your ménage a trois with LJ & Spudski.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You really are getting more repetitive than the LJ out brigade now.  Lighten up have a debate!  Or you can just head back to your ménage a trois with LJ & Spudski.

I don’t see that speculating about a former manager is a relevant subject for debate. 

Its completely pointless..........jeez..........:disapointed2se:

Yep McInnes signed some dross. but so do other Managers.

And yet with his hands tied he managed to sign

Neil Danns who was an excellent Loan signing

Sam Baldock an impessive forward

Tom Heaton a free signing from Cardiff

Greg Cunningham an excellent Title winning Left back

Chris Wood on loan. Not exactly a bad player these days

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don’t see that speculating about a former manager is a relevant subject for debate. 

Its completely pointless..........jeez..........:disapointed2se:

Blimey mate, I start little to no topics on here. I noticed and appreciate DM has done a good job and was curious to know how my fellow city fans opinions are on the guy since his position as manager at BCFC. I generally keep quiet but I read so much dross from you on a daily basis but I generally keep my opinions to myself, you could skip past and say nothing but I know you can't help yourself.

McWinless? Talked a good game but was way out of his depth down here.

He did sign some "talented" players Richard Foster, Jody Morris, Matthew Bates & Stephen McManus, all of whom would look good in the Scottish Pub League. McManus was so carp he signed him twice.

I would seriously consider other options before going scottish again.

The answer is a big fat no from me.

Archived