IGNORED

Derek McInnis

RUSSEL85

This isnt a Johnson thread or knocking the guy, this is pure curiosity. If Lee did go, through resignation, sacking, demotion to U23's or whatever would anyone be keen to give Derek McInnis another shot? There is no doubt he has done a excellent job at Aberdeen over the past few years and has been linked with some decent job vacancies.

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

This isnt a Johnson thread or knocking the guy, this is pure curiosity. If Lee did go, through resignation, sacking, demotion to U23's or whatever would anyone be keen to give Derek McInnis another shot? There is no doubt he has done a excellent job at Aberdeen over the past few years and has been linked with some decent job vacancies.

Dear Bob no . A Scottish LJ is all we want. 

He never knew his best line up or formation and thought Liam Kelly was a footballer . 

No, no and thrice no .

Do you think he would be taken back? After laid bare the screw up that is this club I am sure he would probably near the bottom of their list.

Is he a good manager? Once he has proven it outside of Scotland maybe. As it is he has proven nowt as yet. I am not 100% convinced by him truth be told. 

So for me it is a no. And I suspect it would be a massive no from our board.

Simply didn't have the knowledge or contacts in English football.

I don't think he was a terrible manager - his subsequent career bears that out - but he seemed to draw almost exclusively from a pool of players who'd not quite made it in Scotland and wanted to restart their career south of the border.

And quite a stagnant pool that proved to be...  :bored:

He was given a poisoned chalice here, cut wages, cut the number of players, get the academy ready for the new category statuses, and oh yeah manage and do well with the first team. He should be maybe thanked for getting all that rolling and laying some of the foundations as I am sure it was not easy. Shame things did not work out for him, but it's a harsh mistress. 

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

GOD NO

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Only if we can play in Scotland...

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

In all seriousness why would anyone want to give DM another chance? 

Absolutely not from me. DM makes LJ look like Guardiola.

I wouldn't want him back. The club as a whole was in a mess when he was at the helm, but he signed some truly awful players and we were absolutely terrible in the months leading up to his dismissal. That defeat v Leicester in his final game was horrible and his time had clearly come.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

He was given a poisoned chalice here, cut wages, cut the number of players, get the academy ready for the new category statuses, and oh yeah manage and do well with the first team. He should be maybe thanked for getting all that rolling and laying some of the foundations as I am sure it was not easy. Shame things did not work out for him, but it's a harsh mistress. 

He had none of the benefits that LJ inherited. The state of the club from Directors to Academy was a total disgrace.

As a player he was a leader and a winner, and had done a good job at St Johnstone. It was he who gave Joe Bryan his first taste of league football so he was able to spot a gem as soon he arrived here. Can't remember if Bobbie had played in first team before he came

I firmly believe that if the clear out done by him and SOD had been done before he joined City, that he would have been successful in progressing the playing side from first team to academy.

I would have him back but after the way he was treated here, he would not even consider a return.

Archived