IGNORED

Liverpool

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Different gravy!

Now, I must profess to having held a dislike for Liverpool for many years, when I was at school they were in their pomp and they had plenty of ‘plastics’ back then who only ever saw them on MOTD.  We had those hessian type rucksacks that the flap was painted and many of the Bristolian kids who had never been north of the M4 had Liverpool adorning their bags, when some of us remained resolutely City.

I guess it is similar to those who have grown a dislike of Man U over the period Fergie led them to dominate, but even then, it was Liverpool that were my ‘other’ team to enjoy seeing their failure to regain their glory days.

Not sure I can easily renounce those years of enjoying them suffer, but Jurgen Klopp, what a character, football needs characters BTW, what a Manager, he has them playing football that is a delight to watch, not sure how I will feel if they carry this through to win the league, gutted on one hand, but pleased for Klopp on the other, as he comes across well and has put together a great team.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Different gravy!

Now, I must profess to having held a dislike for Liverpool for many years, when I was at school they were in their pomp and they had plenty of ‘plastics’ back then who only ever saw them on MOTD.  We had those hessian type rucksacks that the flap was painted and many of the Bristolian kids who had never been north of the M4 had Liverpool adorning their bags, when some of us remained resolutely City.

I guess it is similar to those who have grown a dislike of Man U over the period Fergie led them to dominate, but even then, it was Liverpool that were my ‘other’ team to enjoy seeing their failure to regain their glory days.

Not sure I can easily renounce those years of enjoying them suffer, but Jurgen Klopp, what a character, football needs characters BTW, what a Manager, he has them playing football that is a delight to watch, not sure how I will feel if they carry this through to win the league, gutted on one hand, but pleased for Klopp on the other, as he comes across well and has put together a great team.

Believe me a lot of us hated manu even before Liverpool became dominant.

You have to say Liverpool look unstoppable at this moment. Avoid defeat at manc and that's it all over isn't it?

• Admin
41 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

You have to say Liverpool look unstoppable at this moment. Avoid defeat at manc and that's it all over isn't it?

Really?  I can recall there was quite a lot of warmth to Man U, the likes of Best, Stiles, Stepney and Law appealed to many fans who watched football, I really only noticed the fact that Liverpool attracted ‘fans’ from around the country, rather than people just appreciating good players, as Man U had at the time.

35 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Really?  I can recall there was quite a lot of warmth to Man U, the likes of Best, Stiles, Stepney and Law appealed to many fans who watched football, I really only noticed the fact that Liverpool attracted ‘fans’ from around the country, rather than people just appreciating good players, as Man U had at the time.

That could apply to any side that has dominated, all had great players.

No different to today really even going back to school days (late 60s early 70s) every other kid was bloody manu. They had supporters branches in Cornwall, Newton Abbot and North Devon to name a few.

So not so much a hatred for the club but the plastics that were around even back then!!!!!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Undoubtedly a class above Arsenal. But helps that the ref is wearing a Liverpool shirt. 

How in any way on earth is that a penalty?

A clear shove in the back?  Of course it is.

It's true that they're not awarded as much as they should be and it'd be nice if it were more consistent.

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Undoubtedly a class above Arsenal. But helps that the ref is wearing a Liverpool shirt. 

How in any way on earth is that a penalty?

To be fair if that was against City we’d all scream for it. 

If Liverpool win on Thurs the title may already be over 

29 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

City will feel they have to win on Thursday and will play into Liverpool hands 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

How about the Arsenal penalties?

I've been dipping in and out so only seen the last part of a replay of Lacazette about ten minutes ago, looked a bit divey to me but I didn't see the bit before where someone might have gone over the back of his legs.  Not seen any others.

• Admin

I thought they were penalties, but they didn’t change the game or rob Arsenal, Liverpool are a joy to watch, how I wish I could get enjoyment like that from my team, a team I want to see win and be entertained by, rather than one that I have held in disdain for the best part of 50 years......

• Admin
27 minutes ago, antlers said:

I fear Liverpool could actually do it this season, I find their armchair fans unbearable at the best of times. I'm praying they slip in spectacular fashion again.

That’s expressed it better than I did, I have a couple of Scouse mates, Liverpool fans and I have absolutely no issue with them supporting their team, you have highlighted perfectly what has got my goat over the years, the armchair fans, verging on fanatical and have absolutely no connection with Liverpool.

35 minutes ago, antlers said:

I fear Liverpool could actually do it this season, I find their armchair fans unbearable at the best of times. I'm praying they slip in spectacular fashion again.

But who would you want to win it out of the top six? Based on plastics in pubs suppose it would have to be Spurs.

Can't say I really care as long as it's not manu☺️

Must say Liverpool well and truly thrashed Arsenal. Not even any doubt about it, the better team won and were the better team by quite some distance.

What a season it's shaping up to be! Personally can't stand Guardiola's cockiness, and equally can't stand De Bruyne for the same reason at times, so glad to see him having to work for it this season. 

23 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

But who would you want to win it out of the top six? Based on plastics in pubs suppose it would have to be Spurs.

Can't say I really care as long as it's not manu☺️

realistically from the top 3, Man City as i do not know any armchair Man City fans. wouldn't like Spurs as my grandad was an Arsenal fan. From the top 6 then its obviously Arsenal.

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Before Christmas I asked a friend of mine who is a Liverpool fan whether he'd forgo the champions league against bayern Munich to focus on the league. 

He refused to answer. He was too delighted how it was all going to put put a downer on it. 

One of our clients up in Liverpool in work who I’ve known for 10 years said to me it’s all about the league for him - simply because they’ve never won it since it became the Premier League.  Not sure if they blow it from here if it’ll be worse than that season under Rodgers. They certainly have a far better team than them - scary when you think the likes of Firminio are only 22.

12 hours ago, TomF said:

One of our clients up in Liverpool in work who I’ve known for 10 years said to me it’s all about the league for him - simply because they’ve never won it since it became the Premier League.  Not sure if they blow it from here if it’ll be worse than that season under Rodgers. They certainly have a far better team than them - scary when you think the likes of Firminio are only 22.

? Firminio is 27.

Archived