IGNORED

Bristol City v East Fife March 1953

Miah Dennehy

Also well done to East Fife in winning their big local derby against ex PM Gordon Brown's favourites Raith Rovers on Saturday.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Shit me mate how old are you...no offence!!

You'll have to speak up, he can't hear you....or read you for that matter.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

It was the third of our first games under lights.

English champions Wolves first, then Cardiff City as the leading Welsh Club with East Five then a top team in Scottish Division One.

I saw all of them. Really exciting seeing football under lights. I think Charlie Fleming an international, played up front for East Five. He later joined Bath City.

Seeing Wolves then was tremendous with lots of international stars led by Billy Wright.

Who can forget it when they split to become Five Star and East 17?

7 hours ago, Malago said:

Wednesdays were a half day back then.  I remember there was a Wednesday afternoon local league which existed well into the 60s.  

That rings a bell. Late 70s I remember the local shops all shutting lunchtime on a Wednesday

Well up for bringing that back

19 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

It was the third of our first games under lights.

English champions Wolves first, then Cardiff City as the leading Welsh Club with East Five, then a top team in Scottish Division One.

I saw all of them. Really exciting seeing football under lights. I think Charlie Fleming an international, played up front for East Five. He later joined Bath City.

Seeing Wolves then was tremendous with lots of international stars led by Billy Wright.

Went to this game, thought the match was to help fund the new floodlights? Just a schoolboy then and went to BTS Barton Hill.

Can remember the kit being shiny, almost like silk, and the shirts shimmered under the lights.

Archived