IGNORED

Huddersfield Cup game

daored

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

don’twant Pack or Brownhill anywhere near the 18 this weekend.  I want them rested totally.

Having agreed all along with you on this Dave I’m having second thoughts

depending in their medical stats of course I’d go full strength

i hope we don’t get too carried away with an eye on top 6 and forsake the FA Cup

Good  chance if a real run these days , some real feelgood .....and importantly , decent ££££ to be had

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Having agreed all along with you on this Dave I’m having second thoughts

depending in their medical stats of course I’d go full strength

i hope we don’t get too carried away with an eye on top 6 and forsake the FA Cup

Good  chance if a real run these days , some real feelgood .....and importantly , decent ££££ to be had

Do you think there’s a chance of play-offs? (We aren’t gonna be involved in a relegation battle)

Might also depend on whether a midfielder is on the radar too?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Do you think there’s a chance of play-offs? (We aren’t gonna be involved in a relegation battle)

:whistle:

:whistle:

Honest answer ..... not a clue mate ...:. So .... yes

All logic , looking at us , and those above us , and their squads and in Sheff Utds case their whole ethos and spirit , I can’t see it 

But I don’t think this division is as strong this season , or different , no real outstanding sides... lots of clubs messy , or under pressure .......

With one or two signings who hit the ground running and contribute , and one or two including FD going hot .... I wouldn’t  bet against....( put it that way 

Id say we have a better chance of a run in the cup , I’d look to beat Udders , see what the draw brings and review

20 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Where'd you see this guys?

LJ  said in a pre match presser a few games ago he thought da Silva had the technic to play in midfield and COD has played there for ROI and LJ mentioned he can play there. 

My point really was to give pack and josh a complete rest . We paid for it last year with some of them burnt out . This is a chance to give them a few days rest. 

We only do Cup runs every 25 years or so anyway so that’s us done for a while ?

On 01/01/2019 at 21:04, Hampshire Red said:

100% agree. Also like our fans not to be too critical if a weakened team loses to a side our first team could have beaten. 

Doubtless the manager will pick what he thinks is best for rotation, rest and results combined

He’d hardly do otherwise would he?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Fair enough @BobBobSuperBob.

I guess there’s a view that says play them until they genuinely need a rest.  Someone said there is a full week between Huddersfield and Bolton, so maybe you’re right.

Thinking of finance as much as anything

A 4th or 5th round game Against one of the big 5 would be worth having and is playing a full strength side in Sat going to wreck our play off hopes ?

id see the biggest issue it being it coming after the Xmas fixtures and I anticipate he will rest a few

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thinking of finance as much as anything

A 4th or 5th round game Against one of the big 5 would be worth having and is playing a full strength side in Sat going to wreck our play off hopes ?

id see the biggest issue it being it coming after the Xmas fixtures and I anticipate he will rest a few

That’s the issue for me Bob . Loads of games in a short space of time and brownhill and pack have had to play every minute due to Walsh and smith being injured . 

Said on another thread that I’d like to see us go for this one. No problem with resting one or two who are deemed to really need it,  but it’s a great chance to progress and then see where it takes us. Cup run did us no harm first half of last season, quite the opposite, and maybe a cup run now could have the same effect in this half of this season. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Said on another thread that I’d like to see us go for this one. No problem with resting one or two who are deemed to really need it,  but it’s a great chance to progress and then see where it takes us. Cup run did us no harm first half of last season, quite the opposite, and maybe a cup run now could have the same effect in this half of this season. 

Bear in mind until we got to the QF rotation played a big part in the teams selected in the earlier rounds.

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Near in mind until we got to the QF rotation played a big part in the teams selected in the earlier rounds.

Probably only MP , JB and maybe JP that should be considered resting - the rest are either playing in lesser energetic positions or havnt been playing continually 

and FD started late and hasn’t been ever present

If we had a tough ask , full strength or not , my thinking would be different 

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Bear in mind until we got to the QF rotation played a big part in the teams selected in the earlier rounds.

Indeed they were.  I guess I’d counter that by the fact that the League Cup was midweek with games either side whereas in the FA Cup you generally get a decent break in between games, barring replays. Certainly do with this one anyway with a full weeks break before Bolton. 

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Given the position they are in it's a game they really won't be interested in. Think we will win.

Work with a Huddersfield season ticket holder and he is depressed today. A couple in the local pub have them no chance to beat us on New Year’s Day. They’re certainly beatable and agree think we will win 

They have lost 8 matches in a row and are bottom of the Premier League. Survival in the league must be a priority for them so I’m sure they will field a team with very few regular first team players. A good match for City to try two or three finge players 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

They have lost 8 matches in a row and are bottom of the Premier League. Survival in the league must be a priority for them so I’m sure they will field a team with very few regular first team players. A good match for City to try two or three finge players 

Agreed.

But they may also view it as a game to get some confidence back into the club and put out a strong team.

Either way, it's winnable.

No doubt players will be rested; I just hope that City pick a good team who attack and go for the throat.

I'm looking forward to this match and don't want it spoiled by too many players being rested, or the game not having any intensity / passion.

Despite Huddersfield's terrible form in the league, this will be a tough game, as surely the Terriers will be hoping a good performance can restore even a small degree of confidence.  Despite this, I fancy City to win 2-1.

I LOVE the FA Cup. We've got to treat it with respect and pick a strong team.

a. It's very winnable (this game - not the whole thing!)
b. I'm paying to watch!
c. A second cup run in 2 years would help with recruitment. ('They're really building something special down there in Bristol' etc etc).
d. This is the second most important competition of the year. We shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:19, hodge said:

O'Leary

Pisano* ... Wright ... Baker ... Dasilva

Adelakun ... Morrell ... MP/JB ... Eliasson

Taylor ... Eisa

* If fit

O'Leary has been the one on the bench lately so give him the game and send Frankie with the 23's on the Monday. Would give Brownhill and Pack 45 minutes each. Question of whether Eisa may go with the 23's on Monday if he's not out on loan. 

I get the logic but genuinely don't think that side has the experience and quality to beat Huddersfield (even with them resting some key players)

LJ will follow type - he will field a very strong starting 11 as this game is more than winnable. Also, we know he loves the media limelight on these occasions, swinging ball boys around, fist pumping and quoting from his book of cliches

Archived