IGNORED

Mark Ashton Q and A with Geoff Twentyman

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Save yourself the bother of listening,  this is what he will say

Q. Any news on recruitment Mark?

Geoff-  Firstly let’s remember we have some very talented players at this football club, and some very talented young players coming through and it’s important not to block the pathway, having said that Geoff we are always looking to improve and the recruitment team are working tirelessly 24/7 to try to find players who fit the Bristol City DNA and will improve the squad. We all know January is a difficult window and I’be been in this industry for a long time and it gets harder each year but we take that as a challenge and our analysts and scouts are watching hundreds of games and working to create a quality list of targets that match the profiles and positions Lee has identified .  Let’s also not forget that any recruitment is only possible with the support of the Lansdown family and we are incredibly fortunate that they are so supportive. Clearly I can’t name names but let me assure you and the supporters - who are the lifeblood of the club by the way -that we are continuously having discussions with players agents and my vast list of contacts built up through a long successful career in this industry and I can assure everyone that we are doing everything possible but of course will only bring players in if they are an exact fit in terms of ambition,ability,personality and character to fit into what is an excellent group at this football club. As soon as any deal is agreed I assure you Geoff that it will be announced but only when everything is agreed. We do not discuss our business in public -let me be very clear on that.

Any players going out Mark? 

We don’t want to sell anybody and we are under no pressure to do so let me make that clear, but I’ve been in this industry a long time and never say never Geoff, we will never stand in the way of a players ambition and development and unless you are a Premier League club then it’s a fact of life that if a player gets a chance to play at a higher level then they will want to take that chance. My job then becomes one of getting the very best deal for this football club and I have been successful in that as in the case of Bobby Reid and I will continue to work tirelessly for this football club. Let me be very clear Geoff - a player will only leave this football club if it’s the right deal for Bristol City.

Etc etc

Hi Mark.

Isn't it funny that MA only appears when we are doing well??

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Save yourself the bother of listening,  this is what he will say

Q. Any news on recruitment Mark?

Geoff-  Firstly let’s remember we have some very talented players at this football club, and some very talented young players coming through and it’s important not to block the pathway, having said that Geoff we are always looking to improve and the recruitment team are working tirelessly 24/7 to try to find players who fit the Bristol City DNA and will improve the squad. We all know January is a difficult window and I’be been in this industry for a long time and it gets harder each year but we take that as a challenge and our analysts and scouts are watching hundreds of games and working to create a quality list of targets that match the profiles and positions Lee has identified .  Let’s also not forget that any recruitment is only possible with the support of the Lansdown family and we are incredibly fortunate that they are so supportive. Clearly I can’t name names but let me assure you and the supporters - who are the lifeblood of the club by the way -that we are continuously having discussions with players agents and my vast list of contacts built up through a long successful career in this industry and I can assure everyone that we are doing everything possible but of course will only bring players in if they are an exact fit in terms of ambition,ability,personality and character to fit into what is an excellent group at this football club. As soon as any deal is agreed I assure you Geoff that it will be announced but only when everything is agreed. We do not discuss our business in public -let me be very clear on that.

Any players going out Mark? 

We don’t want to sell anybody and we are under no pressure to do so let me make that clear, but I’ve been in this industry a long time and never say never Geoff, we will never stand in the way of a players ambition and development and unless you are a Premier League club then it’s a fact of life that if a player gets a chance to play at a higher level then they will want to take that chance. My job then becomes one of getting the very best deal for this football club and I have been successful in that as in the case of Bobby Reid and I will continue to work tirelessly for this football club. Let me be very clear Geoff - a player will only leave this football club if it’s the right deal for Bristol City.

Etc etc

Do you write his speeches? Sounds exactly like something that would come out of his mouth :whistle2:

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

9 match unbeaten run, Mark Ashton surfaces.....What a uncanny coincidence .

8 hours ago, super slick said:

Huge surprise he’s he’s resurfaced now we’re on a good run!! 

He's done interviews around the time of transfer windows fairly consistently since he's been here

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He will probably say nothing and people will start doing other things while listening with one ear.

I miss the interviews with Pete Johnson. He understood who he was talking to and always tried to be as informative as he possibly could be. Corporate bull shit was not his cup of tea. Credit to him.

Tommy

its your turn to transcript the interview for OTIB

Me , Peg and a few others have done it previously ..... is that ok with you ? ?

Cheers mate

Bob

I’m very disappointed that so many believe MA will talk a load of corporate peak tonight. Give him a chance.  I’m sure he will say something very informative - eg. 

“Goodly heelolode loyal peeploders! Now all gatherymost to amuse it and have a tilty elbow or a nice cuffle-oteedee – Oh Yes!"

Oh yes twentlyblobe, made quibblode and questy that fallollop be nockers a proper verby of the fundermold of the Basic Engly fit. Lee Jojoson did answerforth that it must be one, otherwide he could not be say'd of it. He beed also inspirode by the workings of Steam Lansdrowd  and nunsendspoet Edward Lear.

This is a very good question and topicold. I would say that if the forward line have a symmetrical teamworkers and that they can from the first passit of the ball... take in mind the measured beat of a one, two, throo or fido... so that the ball can falollop out to the wingers and a very fine trittly how in a run and drop-kick and carry one and shooting in the goal if they can get by without an offsiger which is known on the ref and don't throw the bottload because he's only doing his best. But, er, it'll be hard on their halfbackers because I don't think they'll get a chance to do a falolloper shooty on account of the front line with their deep joy of, shall we say, an express in their enthusiasm to the first who to clop falollop in the goalmouth. Oh yes. Anyway it's a very good question, sir. It's not much about music excepting that half-time in the band falolloped huffalo-dowd.

Deep joy “

15 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He will probably say nothing and people will start doing other things while listening with one ear.

I miss the interviews with Pete Johnson. He understood who he was talking to and always tried to be as informative as he possibly could be. Corporate bull shit was not his cup of tea. Credit to him.

:laugh: what we gonna do, stick a sock in the other?

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

I reckon ‘synergy’ could be the buzzword of the night.

Worth putting a fiver on that. 

Looking forward to probing questions on last January’s transfer debacle and whether his comments on us and promotion were helpful, or not. Also wonder if him acting on behalf of the EFL in the television negotiations has marginalised us as far as the big Clubs are concerned and prejudiced our involvement with them possibility negotiating rights elsewhere.

Tbf to him, if he was involved in working against the likes of Leeds and Derby's attempts to horde huge chunks of the pie of the TV revenues at the expense of everyone else then that would represent one of the better things he's achieved in his time here

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tommy

its your turn to transcript the interview for OTIB

Me , Peg and a few others have done it previously ..... is that ok with you ? ?

Cheers mate

Bob

A 20 minute MA interview summarised in one sentence?

Archived