IGNORED

more (and more) Bolton troubles

sh1t_ref_again

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:46, 22A said:

Protest planned for Monday night as their game is on TV; https://the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26893

March going on now. Sky just interviewed John McGinlay who has been banned from commentating for Radio Manchester by Anderson due to him being critical of the owners. JM is going to try and get into the match and see whether he`s allowed to or not.

It`s all getting very Oystonesque.

Not seen a thread on this yet, but looks really serious.

Training ground didn’t open today. Players have been paying £200 a month for their own food from the club.

If they go under, their record is discounted. Don’t think it changes much, but haven’t looked into it really...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/3/4/18249750/football-club-at-risk-bolton-wanderers-financial-debacle-deepens

37 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Training ground didn’t open today. Players have been paying £200 a month for their own food from the club.

If they go under, their record is discounted. Don’t think it changes much, but haven’t looked into it really...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/3/4/18249750/football-club-at-risk-bolton-wanderers-financial-debacle-deepens

A quick reckoning indicates if they were to go under and have their results deleted we would be 8th on 50 points.

Birmingham (50 but better GD),and Derby (51) would go above us.

As you were with those currently above us with WBA and Boro gaining 3 points on the top three.

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Not to be pedantic BUT why shouldn't the players not have to pay for their own food like any other employee - Technically not paying would indeed be deemed to be a benefit in kind and thus taxable.

Expunged....now there’s a word.

Imagine Bolton did go down the tubes the League Table would be:

Norwich 35/69 > 33/63 (won both)

Leeds 35/67 > 33/61 (won both)

Sheff Utd 34/64 > 32/58 (won both)

West Brom 35/60 > 33/57 (won one lost one)

Boro 34/58 > 33/55 (won one)

City 34/54 > 32/50 (won one drew one)

Derby 34/51 > 33/51 (lost one)

Birmingham 35/50 > 33/50 (lost both)

Nottm Forest 35/50 > 34/47 (lost one)

Hull 35/50 > 33/44 (won both)

Villa 35/48 > 34/45 (won one)

Brentford 35/48 > 34/45 (won one)

etc.

So as above City go 8th on GD, but a game in hand over Brum (7th) and Derby (6th).

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

etc.

So as above City go 8th on GD, but a game in hand over Brum (7th) and Derby (6th).

Brum and Forest would do quite well out of it points wise then as they lose nothing but every single team around them has beaten Bolton at least once

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

etc.

I've just been reading about this and it's starting to look more and more likely. 

Imagine us losing out on a play off spot because of Bolton going under, what a kick between the legs that would be. 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've just been reading about this and it's starting to look more and more likely. 

Imagine us losing out on a play off spot because of Bolton going under, what a kick between the legs that would be. 

It would almost pay for SL to make an anonymous donation, sufficient to keep them afloat until the end of the season!

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

You have overlooked the Brum points deduction for FFP!

1 hour ago, Spike said:

No league club has ever just gone pop.

Somebody always comes in for it on the cheap once it's gone into administration and its creditors have accepted a CVA at a penny in the pound.

Nixon on Twitter says that the potential buyers have not gone away, they are just not ready to sign, sounds like a stand off, someone waiting for the other to blink. I would think the EFL would step in to help them finish the season whilst in administration anyway, PFA pay wages etc. They would want to avoid the disruption of a club doing pop mid season at all costs.

20 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No league club has ever just gone pop.

Somebody always comes in for it on the cheap once it's gone into administration and its creditors have accepted a CVA at a penny in the pound.

Accrington Stanley Aldershot, and Maidstone all did

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Accrington Stanley Aldershot, and Maidstone all did

I deliberately said "league".

This was partly pedantry but also because a league club has an instrinsic value that most league clubs don't as in a decent revenue stream: TV money, relatively high crowds inlcuding being in the cups, merchandise sales.

If I buy Bolton for £1 it will come with a decent revenue stream.   If I buy a non-league club then it generally won't; though there are exceptions in these days of automatic relegation out of the league rather than re-election such as Torquay.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I deliberately said "league".

This was partly pedantry but also because a league club has an instrinsic value that most league clubs don't as in a decent revenue stream: TV money, relatively high crowds inlcuding being in the cups, merchandise sales.

If I buy Bolton for £1 it will come with a decent revenue stream.   If I buy a non-league club then it generally won't; though there are exceptions in these days of automatic relegation out of the league rather than re-election such as Torquay.

They were all in the Football League when they went under

Archived