IGNORED

Gary O’Neill

BRISTOL86

I posted after the Fulham away game a couple of seasons ago (the one with Tomlin’s last minute winner!) that I had seen GON on crutches at one of the tube stations after the game. I asked what was wrong and he made reference to a long term injury and the medical staff not knowing what they were doing.

Got slated for it at the time, accused of being a shit stirrer!

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I posted after the Fulham away game a couple of seasons ago (the one with Tomlin’s last minute winner!) that I had seen GON on crutches at one of the tube stations after the game. I asked what was wrong and he made reference to a long term injury and the medical staff not knowing what they were doing.

So a long term injury that he'd had before he came to us. More medical staff at other clubs not knowing what they were up to aswell.

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If I was on his money and thought the medical staff were shit, I would had been finding my own medical staff. 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Happy to drive his car for 7 hours across the country, day in day out.

No wonder his muscle wasted away. He didn't give a toss. The money went in his bank account and all he did was drive his car. Literally paid to drive his car.

He didn't even do that.... he employed his best mate as his driver! 

41 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We always seem to have underlying issues with this sort of stuff. 

Remember Steve Brooker being in and out of fitness forever, then wanted to sue the club for constantly misdiagnosing injuries. 

Steve Brooker was f888ing Mazing. Obviously notwithstanding his spell at Her Majesty’s pleasure. Absolutely amazing for. Us. 

How the hell did he play golf with a leg like that. I know very little about golf but I believe to take a swing at the ball you have to stand in a certain way and twist, putting strain on back and limbs. This seems very strange to me.

13 hours ago, JonDolman said:

So we signed him when he had this problem. Someone who was about 33, with an injury problem we gave a 2 year contract and made our highest earner. Glad I don't think we'd make that kind of mistake now.

What’s changed since 2016 to make you think that?

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Happy to drive his car for 7 hours across the country, day in day out.

No wonder his muscle wasted away. He didn't give a toss. The money went in his bank account and all he did was drive his car. Literally paid to drive his car.

Oddly quick to judge when you didn’t know what happened and Gary’s tweet shows there was something seriously wrong.

Archived