IGNORED

Semenyo Recalled (Merged)

Ashtonwurzel

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Ffs we're not a charity.....if he's playing well and will improve us, get the lad back! 

He’s playing well in the lower leagues.....the step up to the Championship is vast.

If he came back to City he’d be training at Failand with the first team squad ( probably) but not playing games week in week out.

Hes better off developing and gaining experience of men’s competitive football where he is.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Ffs we're not a charity.....if he's playing well and will improve us, get the lad back! 

There is a big difference between doing it for Newport and doing it for Bristol City

Clearly those at City believe he is not ready for our first team yet, people seem to be a little too excited on the back of his FA Cup performance against Leicester

If he was doing it week in week out he'd be moved up the leagues for a stiffer challenge

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

There is a big difference between doing it for Newport and doing it for Bristol City

Clearly those at City believe he is not ready for our first team yet, people seem to be a little too excited on the back of his FA Cup performance against Leicester

If he was doing it week in week out he'd be moved up the leagues for a stiffer challenge

He is doing it week in week out.

10 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

People who matter.

14 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

He is doing it week in week out.

Yep, he’s doing it week in week out at a lower league level.........do you suppose that playing against teams that have lower league standard players means he could make the massive step up in quality to the Championship?

Fortunately the ‘people who matter’ at City obviously don’t think Semenyo is ready for the Championship yet.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

People who matter.

Brilliant !

Just read a few Newport match reports, certainly no stand out mentions

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fortunately the ‘people who matter’ at City obviously don’t think Semenyo is ready for the Championship yet.

Oops - Don't let facts ruin a discussion

13 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Has been doing brilliantly at Newport with lots of praise from coaches and media. It just might save us a bit of cash this January. 

I don’t know how he has been performing generally, but his record of 3 goals in 20 games at league 2 level hardly suggests he’s one we should be bringing back for first team consideration here, yet. 

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

The only way I can see him being recalled is if a L1 club is wanting to take him and play him. With the recent attention it could be plausible. 

That is plausible, if the club is given a better option in the next three weeks why not!

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Confimed by their manager hence being in the squad last week if not he'd of been back with us jan 1st.

We have until the end of the month to make the decision on Semenyo

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'm sorry, I didnt realise that you were privy to the exact terms and conditions of this particular loan.....I bow to your superior knowledge.

It’s common knowledge TR.

Youngsters go out on loan to gain experience of competitive men’s football in the lower leagues. The only exception currently is Vyner who is at Rotherham gaining valuable Championship experience - a win win situation for City.

Vyner excepted the level at which loanee are playing at is of lower league standard than the Championship. Everything they’re experiencing is of a lower quality. The opposition, their teammates, the style of play and the whatever league they’re playing in.

Making the step up to the City first team squad is huge.

LJ and his coaches have to be confident that these guys are ready.

16 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Wouldn't be surprised if City were working on this.

@Ashtonwurzel How many times have you personally seen Semenyo play this season to be able to back up this statement?

16 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree.

You clearly are unable to make sense of the section you copied

2 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

OK. you are right and I am wrong. Wait and see.

Well I would agree and say YOU ARE WRONG !!

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

He's staying @ Newport...... 

Nailed on, no idea where this odd fixation from the originator of this post comes from

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

@Ashtonwurzel How many times have you personally seen Semenyo play this season to be able to back up this statement?

You clearly are unable to make sense of the section you copied

Well I would agree and say YOU ARE WRONG !!

Nailed on, no idea where this odd fixation from the originator of this post comes from

It's unreal.... in the Bristol football community playing wise everyone knows everyone and that's current players or ex players in the south west especially if you've played a decent standard yourself so yes it was posted we have a recall option but that doesn't tell you the whole picture but he'll certainly be staying at Newport till end of season. 

Archived