IGNORED

Holloway on TalkSport

Robbored

After the 'Des Williams incident' I've a lot of time for Hollowhead. A City mate recounted recently how he'd bumped into him at a services and thanked him for taking the time to personally reply to him when he'd written during a particularly difficult period in his life.  Hollowhead didn't make a deal of it and wished him well for the future using a chippy aside that he knows what difficult times can be like. We've have far worse at our helm than he'd have offered.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m a sports fan Nibor - TalkSport is a radio station dedicated to my favourite hobby.

I really struggle to understand why some posters are so dismissive of the worlds most popular sports radio show.

It suggests to me that they’ve never listened to it for any length of time. 

I concede that I don’t ever listen to it in the afternoons when it gets blantantly transparent and OTT. The presenters are pretty crap  once Alan Brazil and Jim White are off air.

To be fair:- I drive a fair bit and have TRIED listening to Talksport

I have to agree with another reply about Mr White - the sickening fawning style he adopts is just skin crawling

I am dismissive of it because the advertisements alone drive me insane - let alone the money grabbing fact that the presenters as well have to say "and right now you can buy a steam shovel at 50% off...."

I have tried and many times said never again (inc this week when Brazil and co lumped on and on about how brilliant Michael Gove is (next PM :laugh:) 

I have tried as it covers sport - but in truth I find it pretty nauseating and luckily whenever I give in and press that button 9 out of 10 times it is adverts anyway so I escape

8 minutes ago, Markman said:

To be fair:- I drive a fair bit and have TRIED listening to Talksport

I have to agree with another reply about Mr White - the sickening fawning style he adopts is just skin crawling

I am dismissive of it because the advertisements alone drive me insane - let alone the money grabbing fact that the presenters as well have to say "and right now you can buy a steam shovel at 50% off...."

I have tried and many times said never again (inc this week when Brazil and co lumped on and on about how brilliant Michael Gove is (next PM :laugh:) 

I have tried as it covers sport - but in truth I find it pretty nauseating and luckily whenever I give in and press that button 9 out of 10 times it is adverts anyway so I escape

Each to his own.

At least you’ve tried listening to TS unlike others who still feel qualified to pass negative comments.

Personally I rarely watch ITV there’s very few decent programmes but I’m sure others will argue that point.

10 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Considering your somewhat blurred lines on what makes a club "legend"......please explain how you can describe Holloway as a gas "legend"? 

Spot on.... @Robbored posted on here that Louis Carey, a Bristolian who has played more games than anyone else in our history for his local club, isn’t a City legend yet he’s very knowledgeable on legends from North of the river....

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on.... @Robbored posted on here that Louis Carey, a Bristolian who has played more games than anyone else in our history for his local club, isn’t a City legend yet he’s very knowledgeable on legends from North of the river....

And your point is?      :dunno:

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Just because of his gas links and dislike of City you and others choose to dismiss anything he might say......unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

You deluded individual you should be punished and be made to stand with those tossers up the road for every last home game for even starting this thread. 

I don’t mind certain presenters on TS. Brazil annoys me as does that plastic **** Jim White. H&J are always amusing and I have learned to like Adrian Durham. His footy knowledge is huge even though he is a shock jock. Whilst driving tonight I listed to Danny Kelly and his “special” guest Simon Jordan. 

Its easy to forget what a pompous Bell end Jordan really is. Full of him self.

As for Hollowhead - just a bumbling idiot reduced to local radio. Pants as a player and laughable as a Manager. I bet his shit itches at how well we are doing. Just a shame he won’t be visiting AG this year as a manager so we can take the piss

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My point is - if you don’t think Louis Carey is a Bristol City legend, why do you think Ian Holloway is a Bristol Rovers legend?

Quite a simple question, interested in your reply...

I couldn’t careless which players the gas consider to be legends but my mate, sadly no longer with us and his sons all thought Holloway was a Rovers legend.

As for Carey...........:dunno:

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey .... you’re confusing Robbored.... you call Holloway a gas legend but refuse to acknowledge Carey as a Bristol City legend...I just asked you why....not that complicated or ‘hard work’ I’d say...

Haven’t I made it clear previously as to why I don’t share your view that Carey is a City legend?

Do I really need to explain again?............:sleeping:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Haven’t I made it clear previously as to why I don’t share your view that Carey is a City legend?

Do I really need to explain again?............:sleeping:

No you don’t...but you called Holloway a ‘gas legend’ - in your opinion he’s a legend but Carey isn’t ....I just wanted to know why....oh well, I give up...

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Et tu Nogbad....

Just because of his gas links and dislike of City you and others choose to dismiss anything he might say......unfortunate as your bigoted view deprives you some very insightful views on football.

Robbo. Bigoted. The amount of interviews he’ did telling us all about Bristol City trying to sign him when he was kid but he turned us down and the whole money thing that went with it. The garbage that has come out of his mouth, blimey SL can’t stand the bloke, so he’s right up there with you and Neil Warnock I would say!

5 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

After the 'Des Williams incident' I've a lot of time for Hollowhead. A City mate recounted recently how he'd bumped into him at a services and thanked him for taking the time to personally reply to him when he'd written during a particularly difficult period in his life.  Hollowhead didn't make a deal of it and wished him well for the future using a chippy aside that he knows what difficult times can be like. We've have far worse at our helm than he'd have offered.

Are you referring to the 'minute's silence' incident or was there another one?

You can listen to talksport as long as you understand the call in shows are the equivalent of click bait. I flick between 5live and TS most of the day. Radio Bristol is only worth listening to for the sport programmes (never used to be the case). However I listened to about 5mins of Jim White this morning then had to swith off. Unfortunately the Bristol accent on national media is awful and Hollowheads is one of the worst. I really don't get the positive feedback he gets from some city fans especially the reception he gets from some. He's at best a clown who should be rediculed at all opportunities. 

Colin Murray stood up for his principles and exited as soon as Murdoch and his cronies took over Talksport. I was a regular listener up until then, but only listen very occasionally now, as the standard has dropped to tabloid level.........but i would have possibly listened to I H to hear if he had anything new to say, if i knew he was on.  The one self righteous waste of skin I despise on the Station is Adrian 'I am Mr wonderful' Durham who takes the vice of smugness to whole new levels, Smarmy Fecker............... Each to their own.

13 hours ago, cidercity said:

Turned talk sport off as soon as they announced he was co hosting, i do the same when Colin is on.

I must say im starting to dislike Jim White as well. 

Because they are managers that have got promoted into the premier league?

Archived