Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 30

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Not saying we’ll win (would take a point) but find it bizarre that anyone thinks it would be an easy win against a side unbeaten in 13!

Also bizzare considering we beat them 4-1 earlier in the season! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Also bizzare considering we beat them 4-1 earlier in the season! 

Could easily have been different. They score their clean through chance at 1-0 up and its game over probably 

3 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Semenyo has travelled with team - just seen him on Instagram video ...

Kelly travelled to every away game mind last season to get used to the routine , feel etc

Sensible 

• Like 1

With our recent improvement, I have been really enjoying my football again.  I even watched the Villa game last night (what a last 10 mins that was).

Would settle for a point today, though we need to be getting 3 points if we are to continue our march towards the top.

Nobody seems to be speculating what the team will be, but we shall know in a minute or two.

1 minute ago, Chessels Chick said:

He's on the bench!

IMG_20190209_140051.png

Ha ha

Knew that would happen after saying that about Kelly 

Exciting times hopefully  !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

IMG_20190209_140051.png

At Championship level- that's probably one of the strongest and most exciting 18 players I can ever remember .

Doesn't mean we're gonna win but it does look very good with exciting subs in every position.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Dack and Graham both starting.

Just seem that, would have been nice for them to have lost one of them I suppose. 

Dack and Graham start for Blackburn. If we defend well again, I fancy us today. They are without their captain at the back for this and have been forced to shuffle around.

Not surprised about that team - don't fix what isn't broken. And if it doesn't work, then some good options on the bench. I wouldn't be shocked if Semenyo has a little stint towards the end.

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Eisa not even making the bench anymore... he’s gonna be another Engvall for us isn’t he 

Suspect he'll be another Elliasson, just needs some time to gain experience

• Like 3

On their forum, their equivalent thread was started on Tuesday and whilst we're on page two, they are on page five already.

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33739-rovers-v-bristol-city/

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Dack and Graham start for Blackburn. If we defend well again, I fancy us today. They are without their captain at the back for this and have been forced to shuffle around.

They realise Blackburn will not have their strongest team available. They are also despising us for (according to OTIB) not taking that many up there. 

Their match thread is an interesting read. Poster Moments of Pleasure confirms what we already knew - southerners just aren’t football people.                  https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/199396-how-many-to-blackburn/&page=3

Small moan.  I wish LJ wouldn’t tinker and play BW at right back when we have real right backs available.  Appreciate he’s captain but for me at the moment he is right CB cover and that’s it.  Appreciate he played ok last week but I feel he’s being shoe horned into the team. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Small moan.  I wish LJ wouldn’t tinker and play BW at right back when we have real right backs available.  Appreciate he’s captain but for me at the moment he is right CB cover and that’s it.  Appreciate he played ok last week but I feel he’s being shoe horned into the team. 

Wright played the last couple of games didn't he?

Leaving things the same, by definition, isn't tinkering.

• Like 1

Hunt was injured last week, Pisano was taken ill late on (LJ said he really hoped he didn’t have to use him last Saturday).  Wright did more than ok.  Away from home against a team who have good set piece delivery from Mulgrew, not the worst decision to play a CB cum RB.

• Like 1

Round peg in square hole at RB for sure, last week he looked vulnerable for the fist 20 mins but then was pretty solid tbf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Round peg in square hole at RB for sure, last week he looked vulnerable for the fist 20 mins but then was pretty solid tbf.

Played there and played well last season, don't understand the negativity .

• Like 2

Anyone seen the Blackburn team?  Is Dack playing?

Edit here it is

Rovers: Raya, Bennett, Rodwell, Mulgrew (c), Williams, Smallwood, Travis, Reed, Dack, Armstrong, Graham.

Substitutes: Leutwiler, Nyambe, Rothwell, Bell, Brereton, Nuttall, Conway.

Bristol City: Fielding, Dasilva, Webster, Wright (c), Brownhill, Diedhiou, O'Dowda, Weimann, Paterson, Pack, Kalas.

Substitutes: O'Leary, Pisano, Taylor, Kelly, Eliasson, Semenyo, Palmer.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

10 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Looks way bigger than ag but wiki says capacity 31k so just 4k more

The stand on the right is much smaller 

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

On their forum, their equivalent thread was started on Tuesday and whilst we're on page two, they are on page five already.

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33739-rovers-v-bristol-city/

They realise Blackburn will not have their strongest team available. They are also despising us for (according to OTIB) not taking that many up there. 

Their match thread is an interesting read. Poster Moments of Pleasure confirms what we already knew - southerners just aren’t football people.                  https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/199396-how-many-to-blackburn/&page=3

120 replies in 5 days compared to 100 replies in 5 hours

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, and Graham.

BDDFCF98-25E7-4ABC-B8C4-8E3EF0E07F32.jpeg

Just about their strongest team which is a shame as there were rumours of a much weakened line up. Hopefully not all their star names are fit

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Just about their strongest team which is a shame as there were rumours of a much weakened line up. Hopefully not all their star names are fit

Which will make our win all the more impressive 

• Like 1