IGNORED

Tonight’s games (Merged)

Unan

7 minutes ago, Unan said:

Bristol City (53 points)

Sheffield United (55 points) vs Middlesbrough (51 points)

Leeds United (58 points) vs Swansea (44 points)

Derby County (50 points) vs Ipswich Town (0 points)

I think we want ideally:

Sheffield Utd v Boro DRAW,

Leeds v Swansea SWANSEA WIN or DRAW

Derby v Ipswich IPSWICH WIN

However I can see Derby winning by 3/4 and overtaking us on GD and Leeds winning

You can make an argument for any result in the Sheff Utd v Boro game.  I'd agree a draw is probably the best but all results benefit us in some way.

Leeds v Swansea won't impact us massively. Swansea aren't catching us and if Leeds run away with it then so be it, we'll just nip 2nd spot from Norwich instead.

It's that Derby v Ipswich game where we could really do with Ipswich causing an upset. The odds will be against them but stranger things have happened.

Only thing is its at Ipswich not Derby so slimmest chance they may get a draw. Any result from the Shef/Boro game can work for us. I wouldn't mind a Leeds win so much that they potentially kill off Swansea a bit more, would be 9 points behind us having played a game more. Hopefully Brentford get one over Smith and do the same to Villa. Preston hopefully can get something from Norwich as well.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Only thing is its at Ipswich not Derby so slimmest chance they may get a draw. Any result from the Shef/Boro game can work for us. I wouldn't mind a Leeds win so much that they potentially kill off Swansea a bit more, would be 9 points behind us having played a game more. Hopefully Brentford get one over Smith and do the same to Villa. Preston hopefully can get something from Norwich as well.

Surely a Leeds defeat? Not bothered about Swansea.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely a Leeds defeat? Not bothered about Swansea.

Wouldn't mind reducing the amount in the chasing pack, less teams in the hunt more chance of top 6. Suppose you could say its a bit defeatist but we've closed the gap on Leeds so much since the start of our run that I don't think 1 game would kill off our chances of catching them.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't mind reducing the amount in the chasing pack, less teams in the hunt more chance of top 6. Suppose you could say its a bit defeatist but we've closed the gap on Leeds so much since the start of our run that I don't think 1 game would kill off our chances of catching them.

Just thinking another defeat and the panic will really set in. Get your point though.

41 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

A four fold on Derby, Norwich, Leeds and Sheffield Utd is 14/1 on Sky Bet.

I never win accas, so if I whack £10 on this we're guaranteed to have at least one result go our way ?

Do it bro. For the greater good. In fact, funk it you’re right, I’m hopeless at footie accas too so I’m getting on it. ?

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

You can make an argument for any result in the Sheff Utd v Boro game.  I'd agree a draw is probably the best but all results benefit us in some way.

Leeds v Swansea won't impact us massively. Swansea aren't catching us and if Leeds run away with it then so be it, we'll just nip 2nd spot from Norwich instead.

It's that Derby v Ipswich game where we could really do with Ipswich causing an upset. The odds will be against them but stranger things have happened.

Funny how we all see it differently. I see Leeds slipping away, much more than I do Norwich. But it’s the Champ, none of us know. 

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

A four fold on Derby, Norwich, Leeds and Sheffield Utd is 14/1 on Sky Bet.

I never win accas, so if I whack £10 on this we're guaranteed to have at least one result go our way ?

Do 2 more with a Boro win/draw in that game so its one of the other games that gets screwed up :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, hodge said:

With Leeds five points ahead and having to come play us at home and West Brom in quick succession, we have to be looking for them to drop points the form we are in. Looking at the chasing pack is a defeatists mentality. 

1 hour ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Can see us being 7th by the end of tonight

Maybe - but not the end of the world. City did all they could last night by winning and if other results go against us tonight it’ll be just another round of Championship fixtures out of the way. Nothing is won in February.....

Isnt it just great for City to be in the running tho?........

Can't see Boro winning at Sheff Utd which they have to do if they are going to jump over us, also no mean feat to score 3 goals against anyone in this division without reply, who would have thought that every game except ours would have been a draw last night, Rotherham scoring 2 at another form team, Hull, I think we'll still be 5th tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Maybe - but not the end of the world. City did all they could last night by winning and if other results go against us tonight it’ll be just another round of Championship fixtures out of the way. Nothing is won in February.....

Isnt it just great for City to be in the running tho?........

Didn’t say it would be the end of the world? I believe we are still in the running of course but I think that derby may absolutely clobber Ipswich that’s all

7 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Didn’t say it would be the end of the world? I believe we are still in the running of course but I think that derby may absolutely clobber Ipswich that’s all

I think you’re missing the gist of my post. 

Bottom line - nothing is won in Febuary.

Archived