IGNORED

Tomas on Twitter

Roadrunner

It's an interesting point, Joe Bryan put his ability to jump so high down to the training he did with his sister (also a high jumper), another example of crossover skills. I really like the idea of bringing in coaching from other disciplines to improve players. You would think that the Flyers coaches could show some of our players some useful exercises for example. 

38 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Not quite. She’s replaying to a tweet from the club with some tongue in cheek humour. She’s a long jump athlete....

So..not a high jump athlete then

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Tbh, that picture is to do with the angle at which it was taken.

The lens is the height at which the cameraman is sitting and therefore taking the picture upwards. That gives the optical illusion that Kalas is superhuman in seemingly jumping that high.

I was there. He did jump that high.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It's an interesting point, Joe Bryan put his ability to jump so high down to the training he did with his sister (also a high jumper), another example of crossover skills. I really like the idea of bringing in coaching from other disciplines to improve players. You would think that the Flyers coaches could show some of our players some useful exercises for example. 

They do. You should see the difference it's made to Kalas - never misses a basket in Lidl.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

My doctor has ! 

Cold thermometer up the khyber ! 

Had a conversation with the eldest daughter 

me : I like a cold toilet seat

her : I prefer a warm one

both the wife and I looked at her aghast.

I personally would much prefer the cold thermometer to a warm one.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Tbh, that picture is to do with the angle at which it was taken.

The lens is the height at which the cameraman is sitting and therefore taking the picture upwards. That gives the optical illusion that Kalas is superhuman in seemingly jumping that high.

You do chat some shite sometimes..! ?

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. 

Right!

Next time you use your phone to take a picture of anything - place the lens at a low angle and take the picture upwards and you’ll get a similar effect as Kalas picture - namely a trick of the trade.

Why do you suppose all the matchday photographers sit either side of the goal line?  

It’s because they’re lower down than the players and any snaps they take are taken upwards.

Look at the Kalas picture again and you’ll see what I mean.

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Right!

Next time you use your phone to take a picture of anything - place the lens at a low angle and take the picture upwards and you’ll get a similar effect as Kalas picture - namely a trick of the trade.

Why do you suppose all the matchday photographers sit either side of the goal line?  

It’s because they’re lower down than the players and any snaps they take are taken upwards.

Look at the Kalas picture again and you’ll see what I mean.

I’m fully aware of all that. That’s why women pull such stupid poses, just to avoid showing any double chin..!

Kalas has his feet above, but touching, a jumping players shorts. 

Its far from the highest jump in the history of mankind, granted, but I’m not sure what expert camera trickery you are on about..?! It’s a good jump. End of. 

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

Had a conversation with the eldest daughter 

me : I like a cold toilet seat

her : I prefer a warm one

both the wife and I looked at her aghast.

I personally would much prefer the cold thermometer to a warm one.

What if it was a heated toilet seat?   And is there such a thing?  I guess the downside would never quite being 100% sure someone else's warm sweaty tush hasn't just been on it... 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m fully aware of all that. That’s why women pull such stupid poses, just to avoid showing any double chin..!

Kalas has his feet above, but touching, a jumping players shorts. 

Its far from the highest jump in the history of mankind, granted, but I’m not sure what expert camera trickery you are on about..?! It’s a good jump. End of. 

Your  aware of the camera angle but still felt it necessary to call my post ‘shit’........................:cool2:

Btw, I never said that it wasn’t a great leap but the picture angle made it look higher than it actually was.

Archived