IGNORED

Cheers Lansdown

BessexRED

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Absolutely didn’t advocate Gayle in Jan, was talking SC-era and how had we invested then we’d have subsequently been laughing. We clearly disagree and won’t find common ground, for instance I don’t for one minute believe Villa will lose money on those players. Not when Marriott is £6m and central defenders change hands for £6-7m... they aren’t going for less; I also absolutely wouldn’t change stance that buying the registration of a player is anything but an investment. That’s what the likes of Man City and Chelsea do when they flood their academy’s etc, and it worked damn well (worked because of changes in the loan rules). 

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Absolutely didn’t advocate Gayle in Jan, was talking SC-era and how had we invested then we’d have subsequently been laughing. We clearly disagree and won’t find common ground, for instance I don’t for one minute believe Villa will lose money on those players. Not when Marriott is £6m and central defenders change hands for £6-7m... they aren’t going for less; I also absolutely wouldn’t change stance that buying the registration of a player is anything but an investment. That’s what the likes of Man City and Chelsea do when they flood their academy’s etc, and it worked damn well (worked because of changes in the loan rules). 

If you honestly believe this - please take a 5 minutes and answer these questions:

• Do you know what Villa paid for Hogan?
  • Do you know what Villa paid for McCormack?
  • Do you know how much they've paid them in wages?
  • If Hogan moves to Sheffield Utd in the summer, how much will it be for?
  • Where is McCormack playing now? How much would anyone pay for him now in your opinion? When does his Villa contract expire and he leave for free?
  • Do you still believe they will make money from them?

And what you are now talking about with the Man City and Chelsea academies is a whole different ball game and completely irrelevant to the discussion we've been having. We have a good academy that produces players, Bryan, Reid, Kelly, Semenyo - and you bring up Chelsea who've just received a two window transfer ban for 'flooding their academy'. Hmmm

Archived