IGNORED

Three Identical Strangers

Silvio Dante

Did anyone watch this on channel 4 last night (available on streaming). Can’t give too much away but it’s the story of triplets separated at birth in NYC who find each other by chance. Starts heartwarming but takes a horrific left turn...

Possibly the best TV of the year.

23 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Did anyone watch this on channel 4 last night (available on streaming). Can’t give too much away but it’s the story of triplets separated at birth in NYC who find each other by chance. Starts heartwarming but takes a horrific left turn...

Possibly the best TV of the year.

Wow! 

Downloaded it and watched it in two goes.

The more story unfolded it began to dawn on me what had happened and I wasn’t that surprised.

In America at that time there were numerous utterly unethical psychiatric and psychological studies happening. If there was an Ethics Board it was completely ineffective. 

Many of these studies although well meaning involved babies and young children - something that would never get past an ethics board these days.

In this study they were trying to discover how firstly twins separated at birth would developed growing up in different environments................Back then nobody considered that separating twins at birth was unacceptable.

Thankfully times have changed.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wow! 

Downloaded it and watched it in two goes.

The more story unfolded it began to dawn on me what had happened and I wasn’t that surprised.

In America at that time there were numerous utterly unethical psychiatric and psychological studies happening. If there was an Ethics Board it was completely ineffective. 

Many of these studies although well meaning involved babies and young children - something that would never get past an ethics board these days.

In this study they were trying to discover how firstly twins separated at birth would developed growing up in different environments................Back then nobody considered that separating twins at birth was unacceptable.

Thankfully times have changed.

It’s insane but as you say from a different time. However, (spoilers)

How the Institute can allow things to be locked up until 2065 when all the “subjects” are dead is beyond horrific to me and the final insult. Even if we talk about the standards then, todays standards of morality need to apply somehow

7 hours ago, phantom said:

I started watching it and got bored and turned off after the three were united at the start - I couldn't see how there was another hour of the programme to go?

As Dolls says, you should have stayed with it. The morality and sadness of the story culminates in the second half. 

If you still have it on catch up I suggest you watch the rest. It’d pretty chilling.....

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Was worth sticking with it @phantom a pretty shocking story about an “experiment” done on adopted kids. I don’t get how someone hasn’t been able to get the files properly released. 

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As Dolls says, you should have stayed with it. The morality and sadness of the story culminates in the second half. 

If you still have it on catch up I suggest you watch the rest. It’d pretty chilling.....

Getting on a plane next week, think I'll download to watch on the flight 

Archived