IGNORED

Points from the next six...try your luck inside.

cityexile

Well, we are just about to start a run of six games that look as tough as we are going to get.

Leeds (H)

Ipswich (H)

18 day break

Sheffield United (A)

Middlesborough (A)

Wigan (H)

WBA (H)

Last four of those Tues, Sat, Tues, Sat. Four of the six games at home.

Going to earn our corn, for sure. Key to me is avoiding a Birmingham wobble at home and getting 6 points off Ipswich and Wigan. Never easy but at least will give us a base. Ten points would be a very decent return overall, and I am going to go for that.

We can then relax after this run with a further four in April (8 in the month) starting with a stroll at Villa, leaving us Sheff Wed, Millwall and Hull away and only Reading and Derby at home.

Comparing with Derby next six they have Wigan (H), Sheff Wed (H), Stoke (H),  Rotherham (H), Brentford (A), Blackburn (A).

Can only take it one game at a time really!

If we come out of that run still in the top six, we will have done very well!

I was saying the same thing before  Norwich away & it never seems to look any easier in this division..!

We have at least a 3 point cushion, so we really must get a minimum of 6 points from these games. 

8 points would be reasonable. 

10 points plus and I will really start to think that we might actually finish in the play off places.

The anomily in these games is the value of what games the points come from. 

8 points from the 6 games, including points from each of the ‘Boro & West Brom games would be far more valuable than losing those 2 games but actually getting 9 points from the others..!  

42 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Well, we are just about to start a run of six games that look as tough as we are going to get.

Leeds (H)

Ipswich (H)

18 day break

Sheffield United (A)

Middlesborough (A)

Wigan (H)

WBA (H)

Going to earn our corn, for sure. Key to me is avoiding a Birmingham wobble at home and getting 6 points off Ipswich and Wigan. Never easy but at least will give us a base. Ten points would be a very decent return overall, and I am going to go for that.

We can then relax after this run with a further four in April (8 in the month) starting with a stroll at Villa, leaving us Sheff Wed, Millwall and Hull away and only Reading and Derby at home.

Comparing with Derby next six they have Wigan (H), Sheff Wed (H), Stoke (H),  Rotherham (H), Brentford (A), Blackburn (A).

If we can get draws minimum with Leeds, Sheff Utd, West Brom and Boro, beat Wigan and Ipswich that’s 10 points and an amazing return, the next 6 define where we end up as lose to the other teams around us will probably mean we will have too much to do, but who knows what will happen!

Leeds (H) - 1

Ipswich (H) - 3

Sheffield United (A) - 0

Middlesborough (A) -1 (Think 2 best defences in the league will match each other out)

Wigan (H) - 3

WBA (H) - 1 

= 9 points, may not be the best return but 1 loss against teams in the play offs wouldn't be the worst result.

25 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Leeds (H)

Ipswich (H)

18 day break

Sheffield United (A)

Middlesborough (A)

Wigan (H)

WBA (H)

I think realistically only Ipswich is an easy game and even then you have to respect the opposition as anyone can get a shock win. 

I think we'll struggle in the upcoming games and unless other results go in our favour we could be out of a play off position. This is the real tough part of the season both in terms of player fatigue and fixtures. This is where the lads and LJ show their real mental strength, grit and determination. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think realistically only Ipswich is an easy game and even then you have to respect the opposition as anyone can get a shock win. 

I think we'll struggle in the upcoming games and unless other results go in our favour we could be out of a play off position. This is the real tough part of the season both in terms of player fatigue and fixtures. This is where the lads and LJ show their real mental strength, grit and determination. 

...or don't...?

Eight. Beat Ipswich & Wigan, draws v Leeds & Baggies and lose the other two.

That would give us 62 points with six games left so I fear the playoffs may be just out of reach. We`d need to win at least four out of those last games to be in with a shout IMO and given only two are at home and the aways are Millwall, Villa, Wednesday and Hull that is a pretty tough ask.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Leeds (H)

Ipswich (H)

18 day break

Sheffield United (A)

Middlesborough (A)

Wigan (H)

WBA (H)

We have to beat Wigan & Ipswich at home, this will take the pressure off in the other games.

Knowing city will beat Leeds and lose to Ipswich !

2 minutes ago, daored said:

We have to beat Wigan & Ipswich at home, this will take the pressure off in the other games.

Knowing city will beat Leeds and lose to Ipswich !

I said that Ipswich, Wigan and Reading are as important as the other games, they can help shift / continue momentum.

What we really need is some bright spark to say we’ll lose all 6, so that we can embark on an unbeaten run instead!!

46 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Anything more than 6 pts is probably optimistic, I'll be delighted to be proved wrong!

It’s not optimistic to think the sixth best team in the league will get more than six points from those games. It’s pessimistic to think they won’t. But then that is your norm I suppose

It is a tough run , but as we all know , there are no easy games in this league.

we are at the stage of the season where games against clubs in the bottom 3 become harder as they start to realize they are running out of games.

We just have to take one game at a time , they are lots of twists and turns still to come!

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Leeds (H) - 1

Ipswich (H) - 3

Sheffield United (A) - 0

Middlesborough (A) -1 (Think 2 best defences in the league will match each other out)

Wigan (H) - 3

WBA (H) - 1 

= 9 points, may not be the best return but 1 loss against teams in the play offs wouldn't be the worst result.

Yep you read my mind .. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I said that Ipswich, Wigan and Reading are as important as the other games, they can help shift / continue momentum.

What we really need is some bright spark to say we’ll lose all 6, so that we can embark on an unbeaten run instead!!

we will lose all six ?

22 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s not optimistic to think the sixth best team in the league will get more than six points from those games. It’s pessimistic to think they won’t. But then that is your norm I suppose

Well over recent years, except for the fantastic double winning season, being a bit pessimistic has worked out much closer to reality than being wildly optimistic... 

We've lost two games out of our last 16, at an average of exactly two points per game. Yet, the majority seem to think we'll struggle to get more than about 6 or 7 points... We're a pessimistic bunch aren't we!! 

For what it's worth, my guess:

Leeds (H) - D
Ipswich (H) - W
Sheffield United (A) - D
Middlesborough (A) - D
Wigan (H) - W
WBA (H) - D

10 points. Which looks optimistic but is actually lower than our current form would suggest. #alwaysbelieve :winner_third_h4h: 

38 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

We've lost two games out of our last 16, at an average of exactly two points per game. Yet, the majority seem to think we'll struggle to get more than about 6 or 7 points... We're a pessimistic bunch aren't we!! 

For what it's worth, my guess:

Leeds (H) - D
Ipswich (H) - W
Sheffield United (A) - D
Middlesborough (A) - D
Wigan (H) - W
WBA (H) - D

10 points. Which looks optimistic but is actually lower than our current form would suggest. #alwaysbelieve :winner_third_h4h: 

On current form, it’s a valid argument to suggest we should be happy to get more than 2 points from the 6 games.

Dont you just love stats...?!!

Archived