Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

jaydee=inspiration

We scout players, so are we SCOUTING MANAGERS full time?

Recommended Posts

After reading an article the other day about how in-depth scouting/researching/analysing players has now become, it got me thinking, are City doing this with potential new managers for when the time comes that either Lee is poached/sacked/resigns.

In particular, if the club are doing this, are they employing someone (In-House or Consultant) on a full time basis to go as in-depth as possible, looking at all leagues across the UK, Europe, South America and beyond?

Obviously the club would ideally have a playing identity set in stone akin to a side like Brentford, so as to make sense of relating in-depth analysis to a goal.

Personally I think the club should be doing this 100%, in terms of due diligence and preparation.

Do people think the manager should be aware of this, or not? Hearing how Ashton is always claiming to be ahead of the curve and progressive, cant imagine why he wouldn't be.

Interested to hear how people think this would affect the inner dynamic of the club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

After reading an article the other day about how in-depth scouting/researching/analysing players has now become, it got me thinking, are City doing this with potential new managers for when the time comes that either Lee is poached/sacked/resigns.

In particular, if the club are doing this, are they employing someone (In-House or Consultant) on a full time basis to go as in-depth as possible, looking at all leagues across the UK, Europe, South America and beyond?

Obviously the club would ideally have a playing identity set in stone akin to a side like Brentford, so as to make sense of relating in-depth analysis to a goal.

Personally I think the club should be doing this 100%, in terms of due diligence and preparation.

Do people think the manager should be aware of this, or not? Hearing how Ashton is always claiming to be ahead of the curve and progressive, cant imagine why he wouldn't be.

Interested to hear how people think this would affect the inner dynamic of the club?

I would imagine that in the world of professional football coaches are pretty well known and any with the correct DNA ( can’t believe I just typed that ! ) would be kept an eye on by the club .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

After reading an article the other day about how in-depth scouting/researching/analysing players has now become, it got me thinking, are City doing this with potential new managers for when the time comes that either Lee is poached/sacked/resigns.

In particular, if the club are doing this, are they employing someone (In-House or Consultant) on a full time basis to go as in-depth as possible, looking at all leagues across the UK, Europe, South America and beyond?

Obviously the club would ideally have a playing identity set in stone akin to a side like Brentford, so as to make sense of relating in-depth analysis to a goal.

Personally I think the club should be doing this 100%, in terms of due diligence and preparation.

Do people think the manager should be aware of this, or not? Hearing how Ashton is always claiming to be ahead of the curve and progressive, cant imagine why he wouldn't be.

Interested to hear how people think this would affect the inner dynamic of the club?

I wouldn't think the club are doing this.

They should be, but I would be astonished if the cosy status quo is reviewed in such a manner. We say we are constantly looking to improve on the playing side, so why we don't do likewise with coaches and administrators I have no idea.

SL is clearly happy with LJ's team and MA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I would imagine that in the world of professional football coaches are pretty well known and any with the correct DNA ( can’t believe I just typed that ! ) would be kept an eye on by the club .

 

DNA = Do Not Appoint!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I wouldn't think the club are doing this.

They should be, but I would be astonished if the cosy status quo is reviewed in such a manner. We say we are constantly looking to improve on the playing side, so why we don't do likewise with coaches and administrators I have no idea.

SL is clearly happy with LJ's team and MA.

Certainly happy with LJ and his team. Not so sure about MA tho....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

So your happy with LJ and his team after Tuesday nights performance, 

I don’t judge LJ and his team on one game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hodge said:

No manager is going to want to be at a club where they have someone whose full time job it is to find their replacement

That’s what HR departments do! City will be no different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I wouldn't think the club are doing this.

They should be, but I would be astonished if the cosy status quo is reviewed in such a manner. We say we are constantly looking to improve on the playing side, so why we don't do likewise with coaches and administrators I have no idea.

SL is clearly happy with LJ's team and MA.

 

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

That’s what HR departments do! City will be no different.

Exactly, so judging by some other comments, the club should be doing it discreetly or outsourcing it to a consultancy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up and coming Managers like Cowley at Lincoln will be on our radar. You can bet us and plenty of other Championship clubs will know how he manages, his football philosophy etc. It’s not about disrespecting the current Manager, it’s basic due diligence in an industry where your Manager could bugger off next week or be given the chop in the same period.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I would imagine that in the world of professional football coaches are pretty well known and any with the correct DNA ( can’t believe I just typed that ! ) would be kept an eye on by the club .

 

Thing is though, don't think City really have a DNA apart from bringing young players through from the academy. So how are we gonna know what manager is best suited to our needs except for what Ive just mentioned.

If you look at Brentford, they have a set way of playing football which passes from one manager to the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Sean O'Driscoll was not available the first time City approached him, so he was on our wanted list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

 

Exactly, so judging by some other comments, the club should be doing it discreetly or outsourcing it to a consultancy.

They could be outsourcing to some extent. As we know they have people studying games, whether they are ours or other teams we are playing, or have an interest or watching players at other clubs. One thing the club is good at is keeping things quiet when they are interested in something/someone. Few know until its been announced on most occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hodge said:

No manager is going to want to be at a club where they have someone whose full time job it is to find their replacement

Yet players sign on knowing that is the case.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Hello! Unlucky da shit!

so who is the buyer gonna be.... Waitrose, Aldi or Poundland? 🤣

“Lidl by Lidl, we gave you everything you ever dreamed of, and Lidl by Lidl, the wheels of your life have slowly fallen off...”

..... a perfect epitaph for the Wael ‘reign’.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...