IGNORED

Houses behind the Atyeo

Kid in the Riot

Noticed on Tuesday that the one next to the security office (owned by the club) is for sale. 

Think that should finally confirm that the club (or more specifically SL) don't own those houses and also have no serious intention of purchasing them, if they were aggressively pursuing them then they'd have already purchased that house prior to it going to market.

Ends.

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Noticed on Tuesday that the one next to the security office (owned by the club) is for sale. 

Think that should finally confirm that the club (or more specifically SL) don't own those houses and also have no serious intention of purchasing them, if they were aggressively pursuing them then they'd have already purchased that house prior to it going to market.

Ends.

I think that's been obvious for years. But it won't stop the speculation and hearsay.

3 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I think that's been obvious for years. But it won't stop the speculation and hearsay.

I thought at the time when they demolished the old EE would have been a good time to move the whole ground more towards the trading Est kfc, as they were going to build two new stands and redevelop the Dolman, that might have given them more room to make the Atyeo a bit deeper and higher with it being further from the houses, would obviously have cost a bit more but maybe would have saved a lot  rather than doing it at a later date and with the trouble with the houses.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

I thought at the time when they demolished the old EE would have been a good time to move the whole ground more towards the trading Est kfc, as they were going to build two new stands and redevelop the Dolman, that might have given them more room to make the Atyeo a bit deeper and higher with it being further from the houses, would obviously have cost a bit more but maybe would have saved a lot  rather than doing it at a later date and with the trouble with the houses.

How would the Atyeo have been further from the houses in that scenario? It is where it is....unless you were suggesting demolishing the Atyeo as well?

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ends.

A refreshing use of critical thinking skills leading to a sensible conclusion. Not enough of that about these days.

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Atyeo needs rebuilding. It's an eye sore now. Plus could do with pushing our capacity over the 30k mark as we'd get that every week should we get promoted. 

Implement rail seating / standing - you get a 1.5:1.0 ratio I think.  So if you converted 6k seats into rail seats you’d get 9k in the same space.  Voila, 30k capacity.

27 minutes ago, Negan said:

Atyeo needs rebuilding. It's an eye sore now. Plus could do with pushing our capacity over the 30k mark as we'd get that every week should we get promoted. 

The only issue with the Atyeo is that it now looks aesthetically out of place with the rest of the revamped AG.

I sure most of us can live with it tho.

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

I'm not sure we would get 30k at home to the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley in all honesty

Actually it’s a cunning ploy by SL. Most of the houses behind the Atyeo that go on sale are owned by Bristol Sport and don’t really get sold.  The “for sale” signs are just put up to convince the owners of the few non Bristol Sport houses that that the club has no interest in extending the Atyeo. Thus, when one of these people decide decide to sell their house,  it can be bought at a bargain price by Bristol Sport. You heard it here first! 

I want to buy that house!  Can't afford it though, come on, surely we can all chip in a few thousand and buy the place...

Imagine it, an OTIB house, a City hub, another place to relax before and after games, shooting the shit about all things City related.  Of course, I'll still live there, if you guys don't mind.

I'll stump up the first £500.

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I want to buy that house!  Can't afford it though, come on, surely we can all chip in a few thousand and buy the place...

Imagine it, an OTIB house, a City hub, another place to relax before and after games, shooting the shit about all things City related.  Of course, I'll still live there, if you guys don't mind.

It would be a mass brawl!

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Count me in but I want the parking space.

50 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm not sure we would get 30k at home to the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley in all honesty

I doubt it would be much lower. Allow for a full Atyeo , 4.5k away fans. That would leave us 23k tickets, we regularly get about 18k home fans now, add the pull of the Prem and I think we would be close, specially for the first year. 

35 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

When we were in the top division back in the 70’s, the home fixtures against the top teams eg Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal etc were (probably - the ground was mainly terracing and POTD) always sold out however, during our four season stint there, against the less glamorous teams, eg Norwich, Middlesbrough etc attendance dwindled as the novelty wore off  

I’d expect the same pattern to emerge if we ever got there again ... “No, I’m not going this week, it’s only Bournemouth/Fulham/Norwich”

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How would the Atyeo have been further from the houses in that scenario? It is where it is....unless you were suggesting demolishing the Atyeo as well?

yes that was the idea, just thought it would have been a good time to do it, get it all over with whilst all the men were there and everything was in place, as said it would probably have been cheaper all round to have done it then. Also if you read my post I did say move the whole ground, the Atyeo would have looked a bit daft all on it's own HA! HA!

55 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We would because we'd have at least 20k if not 25k season ticket holders

I doubt we'd be allowed to have 25k season ticket holders as I believe we have to keep a certain percentage of tickets available for potd? Let's say we did however, if you look at the cup games over the past couple of seasons. Bat the two Manchester clubs we've not sold out for any of the others. Now, I know the Cup is a different beast altogether but if we're struggling to get decent attendances against the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke (when they were in the prem last year) I can't see us getting 26k for that sort of side (lower mid tablr/relegation struggler) , never mind a theoretical 30k if we were to go up. 

Would love to be proved wrong though 

Archived