IGNORED

Ryan Kent, maybe available in the summer.

Tipps69

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s 22 - why couldn’t he settle in Bristol? We’ve had younger players than him who seemed to settle ok....

He certainly looks like the sulky and trouble type, but i believe he has quality, BS4. makes good runs off the ball, points to where he wants it, and some of his team mates werent up to his level today. looks like he has it to be fair

I wouldnt bet against this guy making it in football yet

35 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Brown knows how to wind someone up, but I see that as part of being part of the game. I was at the game today and didn't see any of the incidents at the time, but watching it back on TV now, I see that he clearly got elbowed and punched, those are red card offences- winding people up isn't.  As for Gerrard sticking up for Halliday having a pop when Brown celebrates in front of the Rangers fans, I thought that was laughable. Presumably Gerrard was okay with Kent giving the 'shhhhh' sign after he scored.

I have never understood why football fans get so outraged when a player 'gives some back' after getting dogs abuse during a game. Oddly enough the worst case of this I saw was the 'Louie Donowa game' . I was in the open end that night and Bob Taylor was getting some vile abuse throughout the game, he chose to celebrate in front of us after the goal --and why wouldn't he- which incensed an awful lot of people around me, leading to complaints to the police! 

If you can't take it, don't give it out and if you don't like football with a bit of passion, then you don't really like football :)

‘mon the Bears....

19 hours ago, Super said:

Morales must be the most braindead footballer around.

Nothing to do with original post, but probably doesn't warrant a separate thread:

Anybody know off-hand what the pre-match odds for Morales getting a red card were? I did actually think about it but never followed it up. 

17 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Nothing to do with original post, but probably doesn't warrant a separate thread:

Anybody know off-hand what the pre-match odds for Morales getting a red card were? I did actually think about it but never followed it up. 

I don't think the odds were that huge (unsurprisingly)  I saw one of those bet builder slips where a guy got 300/1 for both teams to score, Celtic to win, Edouarde to score first and a red card for Morales, which makes me guess about 10/1.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think the odds were that huge (unsurprisingly)  I saw one of those bet builder slips where a guy got 300/1 for both teams to score, Celtic to win, Edouarde to score first and a red card for Morales, which makes me guess about 10/1.

Moralos was 10/1 you’re right, wish I put a bet on it. Don’t like Brown, but he obviously knew how to wind him up, but Morelos needs to learn n accept it’s also part of football not to retaliate like he does, makes you wonder what Brown said to him

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would say that Kent has bags of talent, the Scottish League was a good move after 2 not such good choices. I don't know the ins and outs of of the previous move , but when he came to us it was poor thinking on our part. At that time , we were a quickshort passing team, that countered at pace. Every time he got the ball he slowed play, as he liked to run with the ball. Bad fit on both sides. Rangers is a better fit, I saw that they were to be offered first refusal, but I think it would be a lot less than £7m, though stranger things have happened.

The big problem for both Kent and Diony was the desperation to showcase their talent meaning that they overplayed when doing the simple things well would not only have endeared them to their teammates but also increased their value to the team.

It is often a problem for loan players, especially those coming in during the January window. 

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Moralos was 10/1 you’re right, wish I put a bet on it. Don’t like Brown, but he obviously knew how to wind him up, but Morelos needs to learn n accept it’s also part of football not to retaliate like he does, makes you wonder what Brown said to him

He didn’t say anything in particular, if you watch the incident Brown slightly clips Morelos’ heels, there was very little in it, definitely not something that warranted an elbow to the face.

It has long been a part of the game, rightly or wrongly & once someone bites, they will be marked for similar treatment in the future & it’s the way those targeted handle it that will influence things & Morelos hasn’t learnt how to deal with it & it has to be questioned if he ever will.

And all this Brown slating, if he plays for your club you’d love him because he does what he has to do to win, plays against you & you hate him because of what he does. Similar to Roy Keane & the likes in their playing days.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

And all this Brown slating, if he plays for your club you’d love him because he does what he has to do to win, plays against you & you hate him because of what he does. Similar to Roy Keane & the likes in their playing days.

Spot on. 

I can understand why so many dislike him, but what the guy gives in terms of leadership and drive more than makes up for his sometimes iffy ability (although I actually think his play is underrated by quite a few). He seems to be loved by players that have had him as a captain which speaks volumes.

A lot of people criticising him for yesterday, but ultimately his shithousery saw the opponents lose 2 players to red cards and a third that will surely face a ban, that’s Champions League level gamesmanship (even if his footballing ability isn’t).

22 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Just watching the Glasgow derby & the commentator announced that Ryan Kent would probably be available for a transfer in the summer with Liverpool thought to be looking for £7m!!

I can only assume that playing in Scotland has obviously done Liverpool a huge favour because after a season spent in Germany & The Championship, where he failed to cut it, could he really be worth £7m? Surely not good enough for The Premier League & surely there wouldn’t be a queue of clubs in The Championship looking to sign him, especially at that price & no one in Scotland will pay that sort of money so where will Liverpool get that sort of money for him?

I nearly choked on my lunch when I heard it mentioned.

I know Kent was poor here but he's had an insane impact on Rangers and in just 22 games has scored 6 and assisted 6 as well as really driving them forward. My Rangers supporting mate keeps giving me abuse for having said he wasn't very impressive at the beginning of the season and I can understand why as he looks really sharp.

When we sold Bolasie for £600k there were plenty of very vocal people saying how "he wasn't good enough" etc and then he went on to play amazing at Palace and eventually be sold for £26m. If someone had said he was worth £26m they'd all be having the same reaction but the fact is Kent is only 22 and obviously finding his feet at Rangers and that certainly does increase his value. Even when Kent was here you could see there was talent but the major issue he had was decision making, now he's being managed by one of Englands best midfielders and it's obviously working for him.

22 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I think his from time at AG there was clearly a player in there - he had obvious ability. It wasn't like Diony who showed nothing. I think he just hadn't matured at all and didn't fit in well to our team.

TBH Alex, I think he didn't want to be here. Probably got talked into accepting a loan here then regretted it. His body language screamed it. He just didn't feel part of the team.

And my guess is it was more to do with ego than failure to settle or his age.  He felt he was too big for "little" Bristol City, but feels fine at Rangers.

That sort of poor attitude will curtail his career significantly.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The big problem for both Kent and Diony was the desperation to showcase their talent meaning that they overplayed when doing the simple things well would not only have endeared them to their teammates but also increased their value to the team.

It is often a problem for loan players, especially those coming in during the January window. 

While I agree, I do think it was a poor fit for how we tried to play last year. Strangely he would probably look better in this years team.

Diony is a different case. Needed a good run of games , for fitness and confidence, was never going to get it here.

Archived