IGNORED

Ryan Kent, maybe available in the summer.

Tipps69

Give me that over a plastic EPL match any time.

Love him or loathe him, it's a shame characters like Scott Brown are a dying breed in the modern game. Who doesn't love a captain that enjoys a tackle, often suddenly can't play a simple 10 yard pass and winds up the opposition relentlessly (about 99% of people in this instance, I'm guessing)?

I would say Scott Brown should take a good long look in the mirror tonight, but i wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Seriously though, the bloke's behaviour was an absolute embarrassment today.

Edit: and the ignorance and stupidity continues with the post match interview.

What a cretin

20 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I would say Scott Brown should take a good long look in the mirror tonight, but i wouldn't wish that on anybody.

What a cretin

You can bet Gerrard wishes he was out there today to take on brown.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like the passion of the old firm but not having an interest in either team I dont care who wins.

Does any non Scottish football fans really give a shit?    :dunno:

A fair few actually.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like the passion of the old firm but not having an interest in either team I dont care who wins.

Does any non Scottish football fans really give a shit?    :dunno:

This is the closest we may ever get to a scottish football compliment from Robbored.

Seeing such personal growth on OTIB has warmed my heart today.

I would say that Kent has bags of talent, the Scottish League was a good move after 2 not such good choices. I don't know the ins and outs of of the previous move , but when he came to us it was poor thinking on our part. At that time , we were a quickshort passing team, that countered at pace. Every time he got the ball he slowed play, as he liked to run with the ball. Bad fit on both sides. Rangers is a better fit, I saw that they were to be offered first refusal, but I think it would be a lot less than £7m, though stranger things have happened.

34 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

What a cretin

Nothing short of a grown up bully. Pity for Scotland he didn't have an ounce of that 'passion' for his country when selected. Such a poor league that he only has to 'raise' his game against Rangers 4 times a season. Then gets embarrassed in Europe.

I still don’t think Kent will make it as a regular performer at Champ level. He will probably end up at a Champ club, but will never be a top end regular, which is what we need(ed).

He will have games where you think he’s a talent, but lacks understanding of when to pass, dribble, move, etc. I think the basics are missing. 

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

What a cretin

The only embarrassment today was Morelos :)

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Nope, he was bad, Brown was a disgrace acting as he did in such a volatile game. The bloke is a cock. End . I like you, Miah  I respect your opinion though

Brown knows how to wind someone up, but I see that as part of being part of the game. I was at the game today and didn't see any of the incidents at the time, but watching it back on TV now, I see that he clearly got elbowed and punched, those are red card offences- winding people up isn't.  As for Gerrard sticking up for Halliday having a pop when Brown celebrates in front of the Rangers fans, I thought that was laughable. Presumably Gerrard was okay with Kent giving the 'shhhhh' sign after he scored.

I have never understood why football fans get so outraged when a player 'gives some back' after getting dogs abuse during a game. Oddly enough the worst case of this I saw was the 'Louie Donowa game' . I was in the open end that night and Bob Taylor was getting some vile abuse throughout the game, he chose to celebrate in front of us after the goal --and why wouldn't he- which incensed an awful lot of people around me, leading to complaints to the police! 

If you can't take it, don't give it out and if you don't like football with a bit of passion, then you don't really like football :)

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Brown knows how to wind someone up, but I see that as part of being part of the game. I was at the game today and didn't see any of the incidents at the time, but watching it back on TV now, I see that he clearly got elbowed and punched, those are red card offences- winding people up isn't.  As for Gerrard sticking up for Halliday having a pop when Brown celebrates in front of the Rangers fans, I thought that was laughable. Presumably Gerrard was okay with Kent giving the 'shhhhh' sign after he scored.

I have never understood why football fans get so outraged when a player 'gives some back' after getting dogs abuse during a game. Oddly enough the worst case of this I saw was the 'Louie Donowa game' . I was in the open end that night and Bob Taylor was getting some vile abuse throughout the game, he chose to celebrate in front of us after the goal --and why wouldn't he- which incensed an awful lot of people around me, leading to complaints to the police! 

If you can't take it, don't give it out and if you don't like football with a bit of passion, then you don't really like football :)

You talk far too much sense for a g*shead.

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Gas and Celtic, i see  :laugh: No, i'm neutral, i have no feelings either way and he was a cock today sorry, Miah. The celebrations alone were piss poor. Can't moan about fans and trouble when guys like this act that way as highly paid pros. and don't even start me on his Sky interview. head in hands time seriously.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Begs the question.. does any Gashead support the Rovers alone?  Every one of 'em i know seems to have a second team

Of the regulars I go to games and drink with at Rovers , I'm the only one who has an 'other' team . I do think an awful lot of fans do have a soft spot for others though, in fact, I would say most do.

Oh and before you ask, when Wael finally does reveal himself to be one of the richest men in the world and his funding leads us to Champions League qualification and we draw Celtic in the group stages, I will be supporting Rovers , albeit while wearing a half n half scarf :)

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Of the regulars I go to games and drink with at Rovers , I'm the only one who has an 'other' team . I do think an awful lot of fans do have a soft spot for others though, in fact, I would say most do.

Oh and before you ask, when Wael finally does reveal himself to be one of the richest men in the world and his funding leads us to Champions League qualification and we draw Celtic in the group stages, I will be supporting Rovers , albeit while wearing a half n half scarf :)

Top man, fair play on your win today. Great game, heart in mouth at the end ?  :laugh:

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

He couldn’t settle in Germany or in Bristol probably down to his youth. 

No doubt he’s a talented footballer and a year older with added experience and I daresay Liverpool are asking £7m for his obvious potential.        

He’s 22 - why couldn’t he settle in Bristol? We’ve had younger players than him who seemed to settle ok....

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

What a cretin

Spot on....he’s a grade A cock 

Archived