Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

42nite

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Jim kicked right off mind, he was at the front when the players were attacked, so I heard. 🤔

Holloway was scared for his life, Jim ran him all the way down North Street.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, TomF said:

They're even upset Rosie & Jim are 'Shitheads'

Blimey, old Roger Milford refereeing too. I bet the Banjo lot offered him a bung or two. "Oh Rog, you're from our area, love us more than they gurt Ted's pleaaaaaasssseeeee".

Pretty sure that his daughter was married to Ian Willmott which surely would have brought a conflict of interest?

Edited by Gert Mare

3 hours ago, TomF said:

To be fair, Rovers have their own puppet.... Pinnochio.

In fact, as many on here know, they have several Pinnochios.

Porky pie-rats.

"20,000 locked outside"

"Fans of every club in the country love the Gas and reckon we have the loudest/hardest fans and the biggest away following they have ever seen"

"Wael's a multi-billionaire"

• Like 2

Let's not forget that big thread they had on their forum years and years ago entitled 'OH YES' regarding how we were getting on. Think their forum is pretty new now so it wont be on this one. 

This thread is big, but its because every single Rovers related post is thrown into it which is a good thing imo. Rather that than a new one every time they lose or something funny happens down there. Which is pretty bloody often. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Let's not forget that big thread they had on their forum years and years ago entitled 'OH YES' regarding how we were getting on. Think their forum is pretty new now so it wont be on this one. 

This thread is big, but its because every single Rovers related post is thrown into it which is a good thing imo. Rather that than a new one every time they lose or something funny happens down there. Which is pretty bloody often. 

It actually crashed their forum, I had to bin it off. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It was eventually deleted as that was a season where we started poorly but got our act together and ended up mid-table, whereas they started well but fell away and ended up getting relegated. What a bunch of plonkers.

6 hours ago, TomF said:

Here is a better version.......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gBlQuUYjEl8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 3

22 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Oh my word you’ve just stirred up a memory of how the school hard nut,  at the time , sought me out as I wore my city scarf in to school, the day after that result,  and I promptly got a kick in .. 

apparently he was a gas head but I never knew .. everyone else seemed to be from then on in,  so as not to get on his wrong side .. 

still don’t regret wearing the scarf in now as I knew we’d come good  !!

ha ha simpsons GIF

This the fella ?

Edited by Major Isewater

I have enjoyed the responses especially from Slarti and Gert; to put the record straight for some weirdos (LJ fan club?, what really?) i have been a city fans (home and away for 50 yrs and even though never living IN Bristol, I enjoy their demise as much as the next Red.

NLBR was one of the best years of my life and their return via pens v Grimsby one of the worst days in recent memories, football wise.

I dont know a gashead, i never see a gashead and i want to see them NL again; i suspect they will go down bottom which was my post - what position do you predict they will finish and what chance FGR become the 2nd team to BCFC in this vicinity?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

:laugh:

"HMS Piss the League is pretty much at the bottom of the ocean."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-wael-bristol-rovers-5222982

“If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

This quote from Jaily Barton stood out for me: “If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

It’s not clear what he means exactly but saying he needs a transfer window to cut out their ‘cancer’ sounds like he’s referring to the players. What a lovely bloke.

7 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

“If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

This quote from Jaily Barton stood out for me: “If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

It’s not clear what he means exactly but saying he needs a transfer window to cut out their ‘cancer’ sounds like he’s referring to the players. What a lovely bloke.

And accuse Tisdale and Garner of being incompetent. Nothing his fault.

So its today that the Johnson express comes into town, with Lee obviously breathing a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to brave the hate filled gasheads in their tents. 

I have seen a couple of posts that suggest that, even in a game like this, some City fans would prefer to see Sunderland lose, such is the deep seated hatred of him.

I'd like to suggest a scenario that would appease all sides. Sunderland win at a canter, even showboating in the last 10 minutes Joey Barton, incensed by what he sees as a deliberate slight at his management,  confronts LJ and lays him out. A mass brawl ensues with several red cards being brandished.

Joey is last seen being bundled into the back of a black maria shouting expletives in a barely intelligible scouse accent. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Sounds like a psychotic victorian surgeon to me.

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Always been a massive fan of Lee Johnson and his style of football. Don’t let us down today Lee. 

Come on your* Mackems!

*unfortunate typo - but I’ll leave it in. 

I'm almost considering purchasing an ifollow stream so I don't miss any of the action. And I'm looking forward to the radio bristol post match calls already.

• The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread