Jump to content

Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

 

The gold standard of comedy relegations is where your fanbase has already celebrated staying up and have hung up banners to that effect, then you play an opponent wearing your away kit on the last day and from a combination of results that your shit-for-brains fans haven't foreseen you suddenly aren't staying up any more.  Cue horse punching, tears, incoherent ranting etc.

This just sounds too far fetched.

This could never happen....

....oh waitÂ đŸ€Ł

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

 

The gold standard of comedy relegations is where your fanbase has already celebrated staying up and have hung up banners to that effect, then you play an opponent wearing your away kit on the last day and from a combination of results that your shit-for-brains fans haven't foreseen you suddenly aren't staying up any more.  Cue horse punching, tears, incoherent ranting etc.

It's almost worth giving them hope - only to see it smashed like that.  :devil:

That's sounds awful. In fact, even worse than living through 2 divorces and the Maggie Thatcher years. 

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Saw this on Twitter from a Swindon account (hence the hashtag):-

 

Relegation projections...

AFC Wimbledon 5.2%
Wigan 10.2%
----
Rochdale 89.1%
Northampton 96.7%
Bristol Rovers 99.3%
#STFC 99.5%

Now that Sheriden has gone and that we have Tommy Wright & Lee Peacock in charge for the remaining games we may get the new manager bounce and win all four and stay up😀😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

 

The gold standard of comedy relegations is where your fanbase has already celebrated staying up and have hung up banners to that effect, then you play an opponent wearing your away kit on the last day and from a combination of results that your shit-for-brains fans haven't foreseen you suddenly aren't staying up any more.  Cue horse punching, tears, incoherent ranting etc.

It's almost worth giving them hope - only to see it smashed like that.  :devil:

Then phoning radio bristol in tears moaning about thatchers era and divorces

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Let's just hope it's a double relegation for them and they're back to playing non league football again. The sooner Rovers disappear for good the better! 

Nah, then the comedy is finished. I'd rather them have a nice drawn out stay in non-league, still clinging on to their delusions of grandeur

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

 

The gold standard of comedy relegations is where your fanbase has already celebrated staying up and have hung up banners to that effect, then you play an opponent wearing your away kit on the last day and from a combination of results that your shit-for-brains fans haven't foreseen you suddenly aren't staying up any more.  Cue horse punching, tears, incoherent ranting etc.

It's almost worth giving them hope - only to see it smashed like that.  :devil:

And now you’re gonna believe us, and now you’re gonna believe us, and now you’re gonna believe uuuuuuuuuuuuuuus.............

No, we’re not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Now that Sheriden has gone and that we have Tommy Wright & Lee Peacock in charge for the remaining games we may get the new manager bounce and win all four and stay up😀😀

Peacock in charge what pub garden are they using for training 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Anyone else want to see the G*s finish rock bottom of L1 on the last day?

I’d be happy if they finished bottom of division 4 of the Downs League if it wasn’t for the affect (or is it effect) they would have on the other teams in this league. Imagine how Racing Mouse First, currently in 10th place, would feel if they had to play Rovers in  a relegation decider 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, big dosser said:

dont forget chepstow and the forest of dean

I was Doing in a pub in Chepstow about 4 years ago (The Fives - I was playing a mixture of reggae, ska and northern) when a skinhead walks in.  Not a regular but he heard the music and thought he'd come in.  Turns out he was Gas.  Found out I was a City fan but we got on like a house on fire.  He was quite pissed mind.

Know quite a few Sags in Caldicot - 2 or 3 lived here for a few years but more moved in recently.  Quite a few City as well (probably more).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

I was Doing in a pub in Chepstow about 4 years ago (The Fives - I was playing a mixture of reggae, ska and northern) when a skinhead walks in.  Not a regular but he heard the music and thought he'd come in.  Turns out he was Gas.  Found out I was a City fan but we got on like a house on fire.  He was quite pissed mind.

Know quite a few Sags in Caldicot - 2 or 3 lived here for a few years but more moved in recently.  Quite a few City as well (probably more).

Just mention the red 9/10 of Caldicot to them 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Basement Rovers Dustbin Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...