IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Plenty of patience is what we've got 

...and I'm sure eventually a deal will be hammered out and the UWE Stadium will be built. This new owner of yours hasn't wiped off your Wonga debts to stay put at the Mem when it makes no money for him.

Interesting to read on Slagchat today (the forum where they constantly accuse us of being obsessed but never, ever mention City themselves) the morons dedicated most of their thread about this 'announcement' to w@n king over the thought that you might get a bigger stadium than us. 

Absolutely hilarious, I genuinely couldn't give a toss if your new stadium is bigger than AG...in fact, I hope it'll be huge because if we struggle to fill a 27k AG, how the hell are you going to fill something bigger when you only sold 26k tickets for arguably the most important game in your clubs history?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Weezord said:

Tick tock not long till a big announcement later.

I'll keep this thread updated. Lots of interested posters I'm sure judging by the size of the thread.

Still waiting for this big announcement, I reckon you need new batteries, either they're close to dead or dying, bit like the chances of wally funding a stadium.

15 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Knew I wouldn't have to post an update. You guys have it covered.

Genuine question. 

Why isn't Wally funding the stadium himself?

Yes, we take the mick about his billionaire status, but he clearly has cash, so what reasoning has he given for not paying for it himself.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Genuine question. 

Why isn't Wally funding the stadium himself?

Yes, we take the mick about his billionaire status, but he clearly has cash, so what reasoning has he given for not paying for it himself.

I am no expert but I would imagine it will be because the Return on Investment (ROI) would be very low if any at all especially in the first few years. There would be no ROI whilst it was being built and from what we can see, it would appear it would take almost all of whatever free cash he has, or it would mean cashing in his current investments to raise the cash. I don't think any business man would do that unless, like SL, it was only a small percentage of their overall wealth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am no expert but I would imagine it will be because the Return on Investment (ROI) would be very low if any at all especially in the first few years. There would be no ROI whilst it was being built and from what we can see, it would appear it would take almost all of whatever free cash he has, or it would mean cashing in his current investments to raise the cash. I don't think any business man would do that unless, like SL, it was only a small percentage of their overall wealth.

But their bloke has more money than Lansdown, he's got a £15k watch to prove it! 

I walked into a car show room, agreed to buy a Tesla, they were happy to sell me one and I was happy to buy. Now I've just got to find the finance for it....But the reassuring thing is the agreement is in place for me to buy it.

Can I now go round telling everyone I own a Tesla?

Edited by Just Red
  • Like 10

All this talk of a new stadium, here's a great idea, why don't they just pitch up I mean relocate to Swindle as they have so much in common, but they have a lovely stadium all ready to move in on. They could put their blue & white tarpaulin roof on in the corner of the Stratton bank and call it home, there's plenty of capacity for both sets of fans, perfect.

43 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Have heard a rumour that the gas have now got an investor to start their UWE project, it's 100% water tight and no conflict of interest whatsoever and nothing can go wrong at all, welcome on board NCP.

They're building a car park with room for 28,000?