IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Am I the only one a little disappointed Rovers haven't signed anyone for a fair chunk of money yet?  I hoped they might just threaten to become a rival again - sometimes it is so tedious being the dominant team in a large city, without any competition whatsoever, dating back as long as I can remember.

Sigh, I guess City will never have anyone local to truly challenge them.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I think they are now definitely trying to involve the local authority. There have been a few references to how good this will be to the South Glos area and discussions with the local council. If I was a resident of South Glos I'd be posing questions to my council officers and councillors.

Typical of this club to try and get somebody else to supply them with the stadium "they deserve". They tried it with BCC in the nineties and even formed their own political party to fight against BCC at the local elections, in an attempt to force the council to get them their ground.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Malago said:

Could you be more exact, I don't want to be out and get home to find one of those "we called but you were out" cards lying in the hallway.

Perhaps you could do a click and collect.   

My Middle East sources tell me an Arab investment firm is bankrolling the freehold purchase of the UWE site and stadium construction cost.

They have never let me down since correctly predicting the start of the 1967 six-day war featuring Mervyn, Graham, Jason, Robin, Doris and Christmas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We don't worry about you Phil.

Not even when Weasel, or any other Gashead, says "tick tock" in that really cringeworthy way.

Yes indeed. Akin to 'The Child Catcher' in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!:ph34r:

In fact theres as much chance of 'Flying Car's in the next decade as there is a UWE Stadium

#MindtheGap

33 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Uwe are not allowed to sale the free hold as it in the deeds when h p let uwe have the land

So Rovers might own the stands but not the ground they are built on?

Edited by pongo88

The problems have finally become clear with regards to the Rovers relocation.

Not overly dissimilar to their failed attempt to them failing to move to Jerusalem on account of a lack of wise men and Virgins, the move to UWE was going to require fans to hold a minimum of 4 GCSE qualifications (grade C or above) before entry was granted.

Whilst they celebrate a lock-out more than most, Wally has a concern that with millions locked out and no one inside the stadium the numbers might not stack up.

• Like 2