IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Two seasons of unparalleled success though. More to come, I think.

I'm alone on here these days. And I'm tired now. Goodnight Teds. 

Thinking up that amount of bullshit does tire you out I suppose.

So, two good seasons to get to the league below where you were the last time we were in the same division.....yea, well done.

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I think you might find it's actually "misspelled ", not "mis-spelled".

Best to get your own house in order before trashing others.

Are we being pedantic?

In which case, 'misspelt' would be the correct spelling for someone who is English.

But hey, that would be split-ing hares.

19 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Even in our darkest season of 82 we averaged more than you! Yet....

IMG_0159.PNG

IMG_0160.PNG

I know we mock R*vers support but massive respect to them for forking out an average of 4000 fans in their last season in their old 100 year old ground. Such a fantastic send off.

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 2

Can you stop putting links to that brains trust on here @Dark Wood Covert , I ended up looking and I just get annoyed. 

found this gem "Would expect nothing else from such a massive club, shame that 1982 ltd is being swallowed up by #bristolsport" 

Can anyone remind me of the name of the off shore parent company , set up by their foreign owners  to look after their franchise until it move out of Bristol AGAIN ? 

If moron was an Olympic sport they would all be gold medallists.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Two seasons of unparalleled success though. More to come, I think.

I'm alone on here these days. And I'm tired now. Goodnight Teds. 

Your shitting me right ?? You are so bad you fall out of the League, to a level below the League , Non League if you will . Then instead of being a little embarrassed about it , claim bragging rights !! Unbelievable .

Oh and unparalleled ?  I think you'll find many teams have done the back to back promotion thing, and some in the big Leagues up to the Prem, Unless you mean in gAss terms, in which case you're probably right , unparalleled . But only because even your lot hadn't be that shit , to sink that low before

Goodnight Squatter.

11 minutes ago, New2City said:

Sorry, that can't be right. Wasn't the little flea just saying they averaged 10k in their Conference days?

You're on to something. 6629 = 10000 in gas numbers. We now have a definitive figure, 10/6.7 = gas bullcrap adjustment.

Their supposed 40,000 at Wembley equates to an actual figure of 26,845.

It works!! Well done fellas. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Darrell Clarke manager.

Matty Taylor striker.

Marcus Stewart assistant.

10,000 crowds even in the dark days of the Conference.

Our pasties.

Interesting use of the plural there. So how many 10000+ crowds did you get in the conference?

Edited by Kim_il_sung

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Surely not again :facepalm:. They go on about away crowds and atmosphere like little boys.

A) How come they still dont beat us on away attendances after two consecutive promotions.

B) If they were clever enough to look at stats then maybe they would see the only time they did take more was when they were a division above us or several positions.

Some of the gas fans intelligence really baffles me , half of them have been on jeremy kyle.

You missed out the fact that if you use that kind of stat as a guide, teams like Liverpool, Manchester Utd and City along with Arsenal and Chelsea would all fail  to impress. I am sure all those clubs must be looking at the gas with the greenest of eyes.

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

So we would desire 10000 gates . Dopey and Taylor u can keep . We've had Stewart he was shit . And u nicked the pasties of the rugby along with something else . See nothing u chat shit

How about we swap Engval for Taylor??....

But we keep our pies.....

And Clarke??.....classless,graceless,senseless.........

11 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Not at all. The Gloucester Road is a great place to be, and far better in my opinion than your location, but we have no room to expand there and the nimbys will not allow it.

So we have to move half a mile north of ye olde Bristol border into to the as-yet unexplored jungles of South Gloucestershire to find some space. 

It's going to be difficult getting there, if we ever do, since it is about 2 miles from where we are now.

Shanks's pony???

So , in their first season of apparelled success ( the one they were second best Non League club, unparalleled ?) they managed a high of 11k and a low of less than 5k . Average of 6.5k and as far as I can see the 11k was the only one to reach 9k+

The second season of unparalleled success , they didn't finish as high as the previous season of unparalleled success , they managed a high of slightly over 11k , a low of over 5.5k and they averaged just over 8k .  Just one more mention of unparalleled success for Flea bite , they managed 5 crowds over 10k in their back to back season. 

In the grand scheme of things this means very little, in the world of #gAsslogic it means they can crow about how good their fans are (even if they're not) and how poor other teams are (even if they're not) .

The gAss logic loop is a scientific phenomenon .  Spout lies-get caught out- ignore new facts-go quiet-wait for passable result-spout lies etc,etc. in fact I think this is the theme of the Royal Institute Christmas lecture this year, not sure what channel but keep an eye out.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly. When was the last time they had 13000 at home . There so desperate to have something better than us . They just make up bullshit and slap each other on the back . Seriously Gasheads who post on here . Give me 1 genuine thing that you're club has that we would desire. Be truthful 

Ah but they do have something better than us. The tents! 

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:
16 April 1976 Second Division Rovers 0–0 City 26,430

Last time they had over 20,000 for a home league match.

Oh, and who were the opposition?

If I remember rightly, we had over 12,000 on the Muller Road end that day :chant6ez:Alan Dicks red 'n white army

No,no,no, they had 99% of the crowd and there were 28 of us there. A sag told me so on here just the other day.

My memory is a little different, the Muller Bank was packed and most of the other parts of the ground were mainly red. The pictures of the game confirm that too.

A while earlier than that Villa took over 15000 to Eastville for a div 3 game so the crowd may have scraped over 20k,but their gates were in freefall from about 1975.

Edited by SalisburyRed
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The gAss logic loop is a scientific phenomenon .  Spout lies-get caught out- ignore new facts-go quiet-wait for passable result-spout lies etc,etc. in fact I think this is the theme of the Royal Institute Christmas lecture this year, not sure what channel but keep an eye out.

Sadly, it's been cancelled this year as they are all too busy helping Trump manage his presidential campaign.

Boob cricket became locker banter for example. 

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

So when was the last time they had over 20,000 for a home league match that wasn't against us?

Between 1953-1958 they averaged 20-24.5k. 

During their period of "unparalleled success" they have averaged 6-8k!

The last time they averaged over 10k was 1976! 

Yes, it's been 40 (forty) years since the mighty, universally loved, Bristol Rovers averaged a crowd of more than 4 figures. 

Since 1979, the year I was born and I'm 37 now, their average has topped 8k TWICE. 

They are coming for us, don't you know..! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Even in our darkest season of 82 we averaged more than you! Yet....

IMG_0159.PNG

Cou

So, top of the head, they are traditionally about the 55th best supported club in the country and we are about the 40th. Someone with more time than me could do the analysis more accurately but I don't think I'm far out.

Odd fact for our gates is that the promotion season of 1976 and the play off season of 2008 had very similar average gates.

Edited by SalisburyRed

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sadly, it's been cancelled this year as they are all too busy helping Trump manage his presidential campaign.

Boob cricket became locker banter for example. 

Ahhh yes , that's a really good fit. Saw a video where he says "I've never said that" followed by a video saying the things he'd just denied. Both pathological liars ! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lord Spandex said:

That'll be down to us i'm sure. After all, everyone else is in awe of the greatest fans in history and "da famous quarters"

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So 1990 then. The season they finished top and we finished second they averaged 6,200 to our 11,544 :rofl2br:are you ******* kidding me 6,200?!?!

I am guessing you are a younger one and don't remember the size of trumpton

That was about its capacity. I dislike the gas as much as the next bloke but that was pretty much the ground limit.

Doesn't make up for the years after they left and their pitiful attendances

Edited by TRL
Word
  • Like 2