IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 10/27/2016 at 12:11, Bar BS3 said:

And 2017 is likely to be Rovers at around 8/9,000 and City at 18/19/20,000. 

On a slightly seperate note, it's really quite strange how usually, a promotion season for one team is mirrored by the other. 

Which is in line with the percentage gap over the past 10 years. Mind you, in people terms, that's over 3,000 more than the ten year average gap! What would it have been if the Gate had been expanded earlier?

Growing up in the 80s and 90s I ain't going to lie . I loved the derbys the tension atmosphere hostility everything. And they use to beat us quite a bit back then . But for younger lads and lasses let's say 24 and under never to have experienced it is a shame for them. The jpt derby is good but not what it was like . But after 16 YEARS of not playing them which is remarkable. There only rivals by name. We've laughed at them consistently for years. And until we're in the same league which who knows maybe soon . I can't take them seriously. And for what it's worth I hope we never play the scumbags again. MTG 

38 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Edit - Terrible maths.  

Day 5840 - So 160 days to go = Apr 6 2017 which is a Thursday.  City are home 2 days later V Wolves......

So, Wolves at home has to be designated 'Day 6k' - with appropriate activities to remind 'em.

The deluded, clueless sags bleat about our attendances home and away, they bleat about our reputation amongst other teams' fans, they bleat about being the richest team in Bristol, they bleat about us being a 'plastic, franchise club', they bleat about 'tick tock' and 'we're coming for you', they bleat about our 'soulless' stadium, they bleat about our 'tax avoiding owner' when their holding company is registered in Jersey and they bleat about their 'unique' kit, their past 'hardships' and their 'massive' fan base.

All of which is utter tripe - but one thing they cannot even begin to argue about is that we will have been superior to them for over 6,000 days - pretty much one day for each regular supporter they have...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, Wolves at home has to be designated 'Day 6k' - with appropriate activities to remind 'em.

The deluded, clueless sags bleat about our attendances home and away, they bleat about our reputation amongst other teams' fans, they bleat about being the richest team in Bristol, they bleat about us being a 'plastic, franchise club', they bleat about 'tick tock' and 'we're coming for you', they bleat about our 'soulless' stadium, they bleat about our 'tax avoiding owner' when their holding company is registered in Jersey and they bleat about their 'unique' kit, their past 'hardships' and their 'massive' fan base.

All of which is utter tripe - but one thing they cannot even begin to argue about is that we will have been superior to them for over 6,000 days - pretty much one day for each regular supporter they have...

Their kit looks like a clowns costume 

On 22 October 2016 at 14:51, Olé said:

Sold all 50 bar a couple of smalls (which I relabelled "Pro Fit" like the City shop but to no avail). Fantastic response, got to El Rincon at 12.15 and 3 or 4 people already waiting, sold most by 1.30. What a legend Gerry Gow must have been. Raised nearly £200 for charity today.

Have orders for 60-70 more that will go in Monday and be done by end of the week, which should get us to the £500 number for charity. If you still want one please order online (link further up this thread) or PM me and will add to Monday's print  run and send out in a week or bring to Brighton game. 

Thank you everyone and let's give Gerry Gow a send off to remember now!

I think some of you want us back up there with you more than we do.  Really.

We've had such a terrible last 16 years, apart from the brief promotion under Trollope, until DC turned it around, that we haven't really been able to think about catching you up. It was crisis management under the old regime, and when we fell into the Conference, many wondered if a bad first season could lead to us doing a Southport.

Carching up with you was very low on the radar of the average Gashead. We just needed to survive and rebuild.

We seem to have done that now, and the old depression has been replaced by positive thoughts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I think some of you want us back up there with you more than we do.  Really..

Piss off mate, you lot make it very clear that we are your cup final.

22 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

we haven't really been able to think about catching you up. 

Carching up with you was very low on the radar of the average Gashead. 

Catching up with us is the ONLY thing you Gasheads think about. You make no secret of it either.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

26 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We've had such a terrible last 16 years, apart from the brief promotion under Trollope, until DC turned it around, that we haven't really been able to think about catching you up. It was crisis management under the old regime, and when we fell into the Conference, many wondered if a bad first season could lead to us doing a Southport.

Carching up with you was very low on the radar of the average Gashead. We just needed to survive and rebuild.

We seem to have done that now, and the old depression has been replaced by positive thoughts.

For the last 16 years all we have heard is "we're coming for you", "our new stadium will be better than yours" and about the various billions locked out of each game so you can try and say your attendances are better (which they aren't).

So catching us up is quite clearly the only thing on the mind of you lot.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

We don't want your scumbag fans anywhere near are nice new stadium  thanks very much 

37 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Stop talking about yourself on here. Do you want us to sympathise with you?

42 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

until DC turned it around, that we haven't really been able to think about catching you up. It was crisis management under the old regime, and when we fell into the Conference, many wondered if a bad first season could lead to us doing a Southport.

My favourite bit of DC 'turning it around' was when he took you in to the conference.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

The funniest day of my life still find it funny as f.c.u.k 

Absolutely! That day will live with me until I take my last breath. So funny especially after seeing all those inbred fat fcukers jumping over the hoardings and on the pitch at Wycombe thinking they were safe :laugh:

My hatred of the SAGS doesn't come from the club, its the arrogant, bitter, up their own hole fans that get everything they deserve. I wouldn't piss on a SAG if they were on fire!

And don't get me started on that stupid shirt, it brings me out in a anger rash that ******* thing :angry:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Doesn't seem that way at all, you've even got the promotion bus thread going on in Asschat and we aren't even in November yet...

Just trying to upstage Swindle as the most deluded club, be honest fleabag.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Hand on heart I'd prefer it if as a club you just died, some of us are old enough to remember how your club stood by hoping we would go under in 1982, the letters in the Evening Post how the council shouldn't bail out BCFC with a loan of £50k with rate payers money unless the gas get it too, how Flook and co were rubbing their hands with glee at the propect of getting their dirty hands on Ashton Gate.

Yes if only Bristol RFC had seen the precursors maybe today they would still be playing at thier spiritual home.

How everytime we played you the biggest worry wasnt the score but which of our players would come away with a injury inflicted by your thugs, IMO we have nothing to gain from playing you and everything to lose

• Like 19

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You are wrong, deluded and plain wrong. We do not want to play you again - ever. 

The sooner Wally does the asset-strip that is clearly planned the better. Then you can toddle off to the Toolstation League or something, though what those clubs have done to deserve your Neanderthal supporters is not for me to say.

• Like 1