IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ll never forget the sad sag who rang into Talksport the day after we dumped Man Yoo out of the league cup and basically all he could contribute was ‘yeh but, yeh but, we got a bigger away following than them...’ - pathetic and showed himself up in front of the nation.....like the other saddo who went onto the Man City forum when we played them to make pretty much the same argument....they didn’t have much time for that numpty either...

Oh yes, that muppet on the Man City Forum; “They might’ve taken 8000 to the Etihad but we took 4500 to Chelsea.”

• Haha 1

The delusion is astronomical, 

a. Whose going to pay for it

b.why work with a tinpot pub team with a track record in failure when you can sell the land at double the price to a housing company 

Railway line running through it, new station to be built. Loads of brown field site available, road infrastructure in place. Perfect location for both, got to be the smart money bet.

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I see Steve Hamer took marvelous Marvin out to lunch. I wonder what they spoke about.

https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/mgDeclarationSubmission.aspx?UID=1419&HID=262&FID=0&HPID=0

Indeed he did - there can only have been 1 reason for that.

Rees is also gAss, so watch this space people...

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

A stadium would have to be a separate structure.

No way could they have the fewers done by 5pm on a Saturday and then get it ready for Bucks Fizz to play their hits at 8pm.

Out of interest it takes 3 weeks to change West Ham’s ground from football to other uses, eg athletics or concerts etc. If the Gas go with this mid conversation they will have to change it back for the next game, and they got no chance if they play Saturday Tuesday :blink:

Let ‘em dream though. If they haven’t got dreams what have they got

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Out of interest it takes 3 weeks to change West Ham’s ground from football to other uses, eg athletics or concerts etc. If the Gas go with this mid conversation they will have to change it back for the next game, and they got no chance if they play Saturday Tuesday :blink:

Let ‘em dream though. If they haven’t got dreams what have they got

are you even aloud to play in an indoor arena in the football league?

Just now, RedM said:

I wouldn’t have thought so no, and even using complete AstroTurf or equilivent wouldn’t be possible would it?

https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/blog/2017/03/13/why-dont-more-stadiums-have-roofs-in-the-uk/ 

only thing I can find, and its about the retractable roof in Cardiff, and then both teams have to agree, if they didn't it wouldn't close

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/blog/2017/03/13/why-dont-more-stadiums-have-roofs-in-the-uk/ 

only thing I can find, and its about the retractable roof in Cardiff, and then both teams have to agree, if they didn't it wouldn't close

Cardiff Mill Stad/Principality was the only example I could think of, but your article clearly states both team have to agree. If Bognor Utd rock up at Gas Rovers indoor stadium and say no then the match can’t be played, would Bognor then get the points :laughcont:

It will never happen, like I said let them dream.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Cardiff Mill Stad/Principality was the only example I could think of, but your article clearly states both team have to agree. If Bognor Utd rock up at Gas Rovers indoor stadium and say no then the match can’t be played, would Bognor then get the points :laughcont:

wouldn't be funny as f if it did though, and all the opposing times decline to play under a roof and were awarded 3-0 wins

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I would say if Bognor Utd rock up at the Sags there's a good chance they would get the points anyway...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

The floor space of the proposed Brabazon hangar arena is shown here. Good luck getting a football pitch in a space the size of a tennis court saggies!

Brabazon-Tennis-illustration.jpg

Brabazon-concert-illustration.jpg

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/what-bristol-arena-filton-could-1278493

I can see this getting the go ahead, 4000 more people can fit in here than the TM one. This would be Bristol’s Big Arena leaving a smaller one to be built by SL in the south of the city. We will have Little and Large Arenas at opposite sides of the city.

Still don't agree with it though. 

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

On this day four years ago, 6/9/2014:

Braintree 2 Bristol Rovers 0.

Seem to recall the Gash fans didn’t take that defeat too well.

Ah! Braintree ... I remember it well...

hO4B2cV.jpg

.... and the family club made the national press again ... for all the wrong reasons ...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bristol-rovers-non-league-party-takes-4190400

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

are you even aloud to play in an indoor arena in the football league?

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

A double header ,sags first followed by Girls Allowed ! :cool:

I’m still giggling at your misspellings of ‘aloud’ and ‘allowed’ - yet if you’d swapped spellings you’d both have been correct! But then I’m immature.....

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

On this day four years ago, 6/9/2014:

Braintree 2 Bristol Rovers 0.

Seem to recall the Gash fans didn’t take that defeat too well.

“....we know what we are, a pub team from Essex, we know what we are....”  - must have been hard hearing that bellowed out from the home fans, and it’s a true story...the home fans sang that loud and ‘prowed’.....

• Like 2