IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

49 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

bit of an over reaction,

If it was Scotty posting this on twitter he'd be called a Legend

Scott Murray isn't posting as Bristol City football club though. That's the obvious difference here.

For what it's worth, he's the only staff member that can genuinely get away with it. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

53 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Don't get me wrong, I've used it a thousand times on twitter, but from the official account? Leave it to the fans

I can see why some might see it that way, but in a world where many claim football is too corporate and the fans feel disconnected from the club, I like this kind of harmless ribbing. It’s just a bit of fun and IS trying to be less corporate. 

• Like 4

I wouldn't have done it if I worked there as comes across to other clubs as pretty poor, BUT if it gets under their skin then so what! Clarkes "happy days" quote, all the Windass stuff, Wally "paid 300k for something that you could have for nothing in a few months", Wally being carried down Glos Rd, our scores being flashed up etc etc according to many Sags are all legendary stuff. We do the Colin Daniel thing and it is "bang out of order" so I was told!! ?

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I wouldn't have done it if I worked there as comes across to other clubs as pretty poor, BUT if it gets under their skin then so what! Clarkes "happy days" quote, all the Windass stuff, Wally "paid 300k for something that you could have for nothing in a few months", Wally being carried down Glos Rd, our scores being flashed up etc etc according to many Sags are all legendary stuff. We do the Colin Daniel thing and it is "bang out of order" so I was told!! ?

But they do it through some kind of jealousy, I can't think why else they'd be bothered if we lost or not
I'm happier keeping the moral high ground and not giving a **** about them. Insignificant

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Their non club “legend” is a bloke who scored a goal against us at Wembley, to deny us promotion to the Premier league. 

Ours is a guy who scored the goal to relegate them out of the entire football league, wearing Rovers’ own kit..! 

#mindthegap

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

But they do it through some kind of jealousy, I can't think why else they'd be bothered if we lost or not
I'm happier keeping the moral high ground and not giving a **** about them. Insignificant

They’ll never be insignificant. Horrible club that deserves derision regardless of what division they’re in.

15 hours ago, Rich said:

When you say loophole, you do mean acting within the law, don't you?

Somewhat like acting within the law to acquire a piece of real estate worth £6m, (GDs words) for £2m and £10k.

That's exactly what a loophole is - it usually needs a good businessman (or accountant in your case) to spot the flaw and make use of it.  Nothing unlawful at all.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS

irene
Reserve Team

irene Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 394 posts
16 hours ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by irene on 16 hours ago

The new SW stand certainly does not have a hard roof and remains a tent

Just now, In the Net said:

That's exactly what a loophole is - it usually needs a good businessman (or accountant in your case) to spot the flaw and make use of it.  Nothing unlawful at all.

Yes, absolutely.  All above board; nobody "stole" the ground it was agreed in advance.

And of course biter bit when it came to Nick Higgs and Sainsburys.

• Like 2

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

No banners please. I will be at the Stoke game and can take no responsibility for my actions if you start taking the piss :)

Slowly seeing the light @Miah Dennehy ?:sub:

As for the tweets I'm guessing whoever does the City one's have been around the Bristol rugby "tweeter" many of their tweets and replies are jokes and digs at opposition, they had a field day building up to the Bath game

Just now, phantom said:

Slowly seeing the light @Miah Dennehy ?:sub:

As for the tweets I'm guessing whoever does the City one's have been around the Bristol rugby "tweeter" many of their tweets and replies are jokes and digs at opposition, they had a field day building up to the Bath game

Don't worry, I shall be in the Stoke end, so don't be surprised to  hear a few chants of 'we're coming for you' :)

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I'm up for a bit of social media shithousery from time to time, but the official City account has just tweeted JET's goal, tagged the Blue Few and gone with #mindthegap to 'celebrate' it being 5 years to the day we beat them in a no mark Cup competition

I find that a little embarrassing, anyone else? Having seen all the Bristol - Barf sparring in the build up to that game (congrats on beating them, btw!) I really don't want to see the football side of the business going down that route

Mark the 18 years since they were above us, but a 3rd rate Cup game? Not for me

It's like poking a two week old dog turd on the pavement, what comeback are we expecting? 

If you want a Gasheads comeback you'll need to scrape it off their sisters teeth.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

I'm sorry to say that I'm all for rubbing their noses in our domination as often as possible from any source. Maybe some of the people saying we should rise above it don't remember what it was like having them give it the big 'un over us for years.

Mind you, they're miserable enough anyway without our help haha

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12880/time

Edited by Stortz

13 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'm sorry to say that I'm all for rubbing their noses in our domination as often as possible from any source. Maybe some of the people saying we should rise above it don't remember what it was like having them give it the big 'un over us for years.

Mind you, they're miserable enough anyway without our help haha

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12880/time

That opening post is on the money in many respects though and is equally applicable to pretty much any club; certainly applicable to us.

I really don't remember people expecting so much or hearing any real negativity unless there was an actual crisis.  I'm not saying that OTIB is full of moaners; far from it there are a lot of excellent and generally positive posters.

We don't however seem any more to just enjoy it on the simple terms that we used to enjoy it; and I include myself within that very sweeping statement. 

When I was in my later teens, I used to go to Twerton to watch the Rovers. Me and my mates used to meet at the Carpenters Arms for a few then drive, I mean get a cab, to Bath have a few more and watch the Gas. Win or lose, rain or shine. We won some lost some, that's football. We sang and cheered and dometimes had a scuffle after all, we were young. But it was the highlight of thr week. We would spend the week chatting about the game and the result we hoped for.

When did it turn into expecting so much, hating so much ? I don't understand. We've never had much have we ? in fact, the past few Years have been some of the best but because of a foreign owner so much is expected.

It seems like a lot of forum members don't like Rovers and when I say Rovers if means everything. Why go then ? To moan and criticise ? I try to be light hearted on here but there is so much sh**. Yes I know we fans have the right to complain but we take it to the next level. We moan about everything.

We talk about the spirit of the past but it's our spirit that's changed as I believe the club and players are trying.

30 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah my mates said they used to announce our score updates over the tannoy during the match. 

That was just them showing off, that they had a tannoy. 

I’m surprised they don’t “accidentally” turn the sprinkler system on during the game, just to show people that they’ve got them. 

A bit like the whole Babe station debacle, was probably just them showing off because they’ve bought a TV licence..!