IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

If they ever go into administration  they’ll magically never mention 1982 ever again - ironically they’d survive using the same procedure we set a precedence for many other clubs to follow.  

Except if 8 of their players tore up their contracts they’d only save £54.67. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Version 2 for those who wanted to see 'da famouse blu and white corters...."

gasoff.jpg

I'm no expert, but I think you've gone and put the famous blue and white quarters round the wrong way.   Unless of course to keep the laundry bill down, they wear the quarters on one side one week and then wear the same shirts inside out the week after.

Miah or In The Net will be able to tell us.

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12875/cheer-never-worst-20

Not only do the sad sags live in the past but they are hypocrites too. How can that be us because according to them the run started before we existed.

The amazing thing about that post is it starts with us in a higher division than they have EVER managed and finishes with us in a division above the lowest they have slipped to. :rofl2br:

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

If they ever go into administration  they’ll magically never mention 1982 ever again - ironically they’d survive using the same procedure we set a precedence for many other clubs to follow.  

Actually, the Football League changed the rules after 1982, so that this loophole couldn't be used again.

1 hour ago, Malago said:

I'm no expert, but I think you've gone and put the famous blue and white quarters round the wrong way.   Unless of course to keep the laundry bill down, they wear the quarters on one side one week and then wear the same shirts inside out the week after.

Miah or In The Net will be able to tell us.

I may have done. I don't know. I couldn't bring myself to look at a picture of their new rag and its been a while since I've seen one at the Gate. ?

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Actually, the Football League changed the rules after 1982, so that this loophole couldn't be used again.

When you say loophole, you do mean acting within the law, don't you?

Somewhat like acting within the law to acquire a piece of real estate worth £6m, (GDs words) for £2m and £10k.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

When you say loophole, you do mean acting within the law, don't you?

Somewhat like acting within the law to acquire a piece of real estate worth £6m, (GDs words) for £2m and £10k.

let her have it, it's the only thing they have left now, a bad period that happened to city nearly 40 years ago,

I find it strange that they don't call other clubs like Leeds 2007 or Leicester 2002,

They are a strange bunch,

32 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we went bankrupt, administration in football didn't exist then, the modern day football administration is based on what happened to us in 1982

We weren't declared bankrupt rather we agreed voluntary liquidation, a very different proposition. Our assets ( and debts) were disposed of in a controlled and agreed process. Had we not agreed to the process our prime creditors would have petitioned for bankruptcy, key component change of which were the 8 accepting the Hobsons' they were given. Had we been declared bankrupt we wouldn't now be playing at AG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

We weren't declared bankrupt rather we agreed voluntary liquidation, a very different proposition. Our assets ( and debts) were disposed of in a controlled and agreed process. Had we not agreed to the process our prime creditors would have petitioned for bankruptcy, key component change of which were the 8 accepting the Hobsons' they were given. Had we been declared bankrupt we wouldn't now be playing at AG.

No. Rovers had the removal van packed and ready to swoop. 

As is happened, it turned out to be nearly another 20 years before they could steal a ground. 

In fairness, the ground wasn’t quite so bad back then..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. Rovers had the removal van packed and ready to swoop. 

As is happened, it turned out to be nearly another 20 years before they could steal a ground. 

In fairness, the ground wasn’t quite so bad back then..! 

The key difference between us and them is voluntary liquidation arises where there's hope that an element of the enterprise might successfully survive if restructured. Often creditors will, in part, take settlement of future interest in the new business. In their case it's hopeless, there is no future. There is no market in second hand tents or soiled carpets and curtains. Floodplain swamp in Avonmouth is ten a penny and good only for conservationists seeking refuge for reptiles. Somewhat apt methinks....

• Like 2

I thought the bestest most loyalist fans in the world made a noise on a par with liverpool and leeds and had an atmosphere like the kop or the san siro.................

BishopstonBRFC
Gas 

BishopstonBRFC Avatar

Posting Level

2 hours ago via mobile Hugo the Elder likes this
Post Options
There was no mention of the away stand in the last update so I think it's been ditched. I agree we should at least stick a roof over the away end, even just to create some type of atmosphere!

Post by BishopstonBRFC on 2 hours ago

Hugo the Elder Avatar
BishopstonBRFC Avatar
There was no mention of the away stand in the last update so I think it's been ditched. I agree we should at least stick a roof over the away end, even just to create some type of atmosphere!

I agree but at the moment any kind of noise from the away end will completely drown out the North terrace.

That's not hard. We've normally done in our 3 song songlist after 5 minutes.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I thought the bestest most loyalist fans in the world made a noise on a par with liverpool and leeds and had an atmosphere like the kop or the san siro.................

BishopstonBRFC
Gas 

BishopstonBRFC Avatar

Posting Level

2 hours ago via mobile Hugo the Elder likes this
Post Options

Post by BishopstonBRFC on 2 hours ago

Hugo the Elder Avatar
BishopstonBRFC Avatar

I agree but at the moment any kind of noise from the away end will completely drown out the North terrace.

That's not hard. We've normally done in our 3 song songlist after 5 minutes.

The stark realisation of just how tinpot they are (if it was needed!)

”We should put a roof over the away end”

My god! Welcome to 1995..! Although, of course, it is merely a suggestion and not something that is likely to happen immediately, so they can remain safe in the knowledge that the 21st century is still some way away from catching up with them yet..!