IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

I suppose the issue about doing it in private is that you end up like Cotterill, the board sack you and you end up looking like you're the one to blame.

I think most people realise SC was hung out to dry (left needing the academy to fill bench spaces, to which he thought f that...).

Some people see it as petulance that he refused to, I saw that as his equivalent of these DC interviews where he says he's not been supported. I didn't judge SC for it, I think he embarrassed the board with it. 

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Given the so called ‘improvements’ made to the Mem over the last couple of years combined with the UWE and training ground fiasco and selling their best strikers every transfer window you’d think the fans would be savvy enough to realise that he’s not being financially backed without him having to spell it out publicly.

He obviously doesn’t have much faith in his fans.

On the subject of Cotts, if you get the chance, watch his reaction at the end of the JPT Final and then compare it to Dopey's pissed up performance after their Play Off Victory, screaming and wetting himself whilst standing on a pub table. Cotts has got more dignity in his little finger than DC has in his whole body.

Oh I know that, but that's my point... it's fine having dignity but when Cotts went a lot of our fans blamed him and called for his head prior, despite the fact he'd made it clear he wanted us to invest big to compete. Ultimately the board threw him under the bus, I just think DC is making it public that he's about to be thrown under the bus and whilst Cotts can walk away with his dignity DC is more interested in making sure the fans know who is to blame.

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think most people realise SC was hung out to dry (left needing the academy to fill bench spaces, to which he thought f that...).

Some people see it as petulance that he refused to, I saw that as his equivalent of these DC interviews where he says he's not been supported. I didn't judge SC for it, I think he embarrassed the board with it. 

OH yeah, a lot of us knew what happened, but there was also a lot who said it was all his own fault and that he made bad decisions etc when in all fairness he just stuck to his guns and said what the case was, in order to compete we needed to buy a worthy striker which isn't cheap..... oddly enough something LJ has pretty much echoed recently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

DC's latest quote or a cock up by the Evil Post:

"I am disappointed, I am frustrated. We got a great evasion from the fans walking off but I don’t want to be a yo-yo club from League Two to League One, League One to League Two.

Finally. A claim that they can hold true and be “prowed” of. 

“Bristol Rovers - the most evasive supporters in the world” 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Does he ever let the interviewer finish a questi...

“Yeah, look...listen, the interviewer needs to ask the questions quicker...but that’s my responsibility, I take full responsibility for that obviously it’s the interviewers fault but I take responsibility, the buck stops with me. I just think my fans deserve better, they turn up in massive numbers week in week out, they’re the best, they really are. At the end of the day I’m gonna dust myself down, dust my team down, dust my fans down....” etc.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

"Me two keepers get beat by 25 yard shots"

Are R*vers playing 2 goalies now? 

"While we're in the bottom 4 there will be no days off for the players"

That's no more days off this season then!

So much for the science of athletes(loose term in this instance) and the management of rest/recuperation..

They will be shagged out',let alone the added risk factor of unnecessary injury.

Ametuer night..

Edited by Robert the bruce

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

"Me two keepers get beat by 25 yard shots"

Are R*vers playing 2 goalies now? 

"While we're in the bottom 4 there will be no days off for the players"

That's no more days off this season then!

They had to take one of them off because he decided he had enough............  sorry, suffered a "back spasm".   They goals did go "into my net" though, in front of "his fans",  an interesting turn of phrase for someone tasked with creating a team spirit. 

31 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Oh my Christ it looks like a smutty calendar for Dopey, did the Gas squad have a Secret Santa?

My bet is that Dopey will go for the little Mexican top left or maybe the dog with no legs top middle ?

I had this discussion with a mate the other day about the dog loving allegations .

He was shocked and asked how low could Dopey get ? 

A Daschund I think .

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They had to take one of them off because he decided he had enough............  sorry, suffered a "back spasm".   They goals did go "into my net" though, in front of "his fans",  an interesting turn of phrase for someone tasked with creating a team spirit. 

You too would have a bad back if you had been carrying all 10 outfield players all season. My understanding is he had been MotM quite a few times, probably more than his fair share.

Still he is probably back in London getting treated by his parent club. Given how "professional" the fewers are in everything they do, I would expect Brentford were probably less than enthusiastic at letting rovers (no doubt "championship ready") medical team loose on one of their young players.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Oh my Christ it looks like a smutty calendar for Dopey, did the Gas squad have a Secret Santa?

My bet is that Dopey will go for the little Mexican top left or maybe the dog with no legs top middle ?

Typical of the fewers... when most clubs mention their WAGS you generally think of some surgically enhanced peroxide blonde, with them you get a poodle and an Bassett hound.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, supercidered said:

100000% these pictures are all over Dopey’s bedroom wall, stays up half the night strumming himself over them, hence the pissypants attitude all the time, the mans clearly tired.

• Haha 1

Awww someone pissed on this Sag’s chips tonight ?

They're losing 2-1 currently, would love for Harrison to come off the bench and add insult to injury.

If there is one small saving grace to our situation currently, it is that the Sh1t could be about to lose 5 in a row too.

EDIT: 2-2 almost instantly ffs

• Like 2
  • Haha 7