IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Who buys a house next to a football ground (Trubshaw Close is actually built on what used to be the rugby club training pitch) and then moans about the noise?

****ing snowflakes!

Probably moved from Ashton Road too. It's the same mentality of those developers in Victoria Street who wanted to get the Fleece closed down because of the noise next to their converted offices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Who buys a house next to a football ground (Trubshaw Close is actually built on what used to be the rugby club training pitch) and then moans about the noise?

****ing snowflakes!

What's even funnier is that one of the residents thinks that the fewer's have 11,000 turning up every game!

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

****ing snowflakes!

Usually I would agree, but we are talking about the 15ers here.  Residents living nearby have been used to silence ever since the rugby club moved out.

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/critics-claim-new-bristol-rovers-2287603

Silent movies and the likes of Nigel Kennedy . Ha ha ha . Whoppers

'the new licence effectively changed the football stadium into “an arena of sorts."' 

Presumably the sort that comprises a few marquees and sheds surrounding a field. Sounds like a game changer for Marvin Rees then. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Usually I would agree, but we are talking about the 15ers here.  Residents living nearby have been used to silence ever since the rugby club had their ground stolen by the previous squatters and needed somewhere decent to play that didn’t resemble Billy Smarts Circus. 

Corrected for you. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Usually I would agree, but we are talking about the 15ers here.  Residents living nearby have been used to silence ever since the rugby club moved out.

This.

You can hear a pin drop around the Mem on matchdays....that is of course until we concede a goal and it gets flashed up on their scoreboard.

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

'the new licence effectively changed the football stadium into “an arena of sorts."' 

Presumably the sort that comprises a few marquees and sheds surrounding a field. Sounds like a game changer for Marvin Rees then. 

You mean a village fete?

On 03/12/2018 at 18:41, slartibartfast said:

er.....why ?

Edmonds met his current wife (his 3rd) when she was his make up artist at Deal Or No Deal, based in Bristol.

She was married at the time, and it seems must have had a Gas supporting son.

Don't you read all I'm a Celebrity gossip ffs?  :disapointed2se:  ;)

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Never liked Noel Edmonds tbh may just be me but he’s a odd character, always seems very flirty/slimey around females even on TV, I could be  be totally wrong mind you and he may well be a lovely bloke like Wally.

He used to live in our village and was very `don`t you know who I am?`.

We think he left because we did indeed know who he was but basically didn`t give a ****.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Usually I would agree, but we are talking about the 15ers here.  Residents living nearby have been used to silence ever since the rugby club had their ground stolen by the previous squatters and needed somewhere decent to play that didn’t resemble Billy Smarts Circus.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Corrected for you. 

*Smart’s - corrected for you.....(apologies!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Never liked Noel Edmonds tbh may just be me but he’s a odd character, always seems very flirty/slimey around females even on TV, I could be  be totally wrong mind you and he may well be a lovely bloke like Wally.

See he drove Geoff Dunford round Europe in his converted Double Decker Bus , When GD was ill with his prostrate cancer

Fair play to him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just reading bath rugby are looking for a temporary home whilst there new ground is being built. I reckon they will play at the minimal ground. Which would be quite ironic. And then when there stadium is built. Rovers will upsticks AGAIN. And move in with Bath . All hypothetical of course 

Not sure the Mem is Premier League ready. Even if the sprinklers are.

• Haha 1