IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but I’ve used the population % argument on here lots in the past, saying how clubs like Wigan and Burnley have much better followings than us in this regard when people on here have sneered at their support, and I was shouted down...sometimes we ain’t no better than da gas.....

The same argument can be used with regard to some lower division Scottish teams. Some of these towns like Montrose, Stranraer and Peterhead are tiny. Proportionally, they have half decent support.

24 minutes ago, wood_red said:

They had a massive attendance at their special "1990 celebration night" last night in Yate. A full 140 of them turned up - that is about the same number as their brand new stand I think

Don’t exaggerate. Their new stand holds 231, I’ll have you know. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t exaggerate. Their new stand holds 231, I’ll have you know. 

I did say "I think" - I honestly never knew they really pushed the boat out and had one that big. Apologies

51 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The same argument can be used with regard to some lower division Scottish teams. Some of these towns like Montrose, Stranraer and Peterhead are tiny. Proportionally, they have half decent support.

When Gretna got to a cup final a while back they actually took more fans than their total population - that’s quite impressive!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have you ever tried getting 4 people in a 'four man tent?

The number quoted is probably quite different in reality.

I’m not sure you can it that anymore, you’ve undoubtedly offended someone somewhere who is now rushing to their ‘safe space’ to recover from your heinous misdemeanour....

Just now, Robbored said:

One of the guys I play bowls with is a diehard gashead. I tried to wind him up about how crap Dopey is and he just shrugged and said “he just doesn’t have the players”......left me a bit dumbstruck........I usually get a reaction out of him...

Maybe he was busy reading the map...

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

One of the guys I play bowls with is a diehard gashead. I tried to wind him up about how crap Dopey is and he just shrugged and said “he just doesn’t have the players”......left me a bit dumbstruck........I usually get a reaction out of him...

Perhaps he’s just bored of your trolling?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2