IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They want Clarke out, they want the Owners out, are selling piss instead of Fanta, lost 0-4 at home, and afterwards Clarke admits they are skint and have sell 5 players before they can even LOAN anyone, he also rips the owners a new one by telling everyone the training ground or stadium ain’t happening! They haven’t gave us this much to laugh about for a while. ? 

FTG

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 6

If you want to hear the bit that was censored by the gas, go to 35:30 on this link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06sn1n1

He's had a proper pop to be honest. 

Also from 2 minutes onwards on the video in this link.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-cant-see-stadium-happening-2307356?fbclid=IwAR3Iv6ebJTTwApuu_CRHj92BkbMNRxzOvTvpOWr-z6t6juxkAiDCjtKfZbo

The upshot is exactly where I thought we would be. Players will have to go out for me to get a couple of loans in, so there’ll be a few tweaks in January, so I know exactly where that is. I know exactly…

I’m being honest now, they try and tell me different, but I can’t see the training ground or stadium happening any time I’m manager and, for me, I think it’s the other way. There’s going to be cuts. You have to deal with that. As a manager, you sit here and go right, what do I do? I’ll do what I’ve always done when I’ve been at this football club, I’ll fight for the supporters. My efforts might not be good enough but I’m going to be in there, pitching, fighting, scrapping for them, to be honest with you. Like I said before, this club in the last 30, 40 years, has not had – the only people that hurt are the supporters. Until people say they’re going to do what they’re going to do and get it done, and build, the club will yo-yo from League One and League Two.

Listen, I’m saying that as an underachieving manager, I have a mid-table budget in League One and I ain’t succeeded this year, I’m underachieving. In the last two years I’ve had a bottom six, bottom eight, budget and we’ve over achieved. This year I’m under achieving as a manager and I’ll take that. My signings haven’t been good enough, without a shadow of a doubt I ain’t shirking responsibility, but it still needs that backing, pushing, facilities to move forward and we’re still in the same place.

You talk about money being tight and budgets being cut, is that something that will happen imminently?

I think it will be over the next 12 months but I have to deal with that. It doesn’t matter, the bottom line is it’s the highest budget I’ve had since I’ve been manager, that’s football, it’s a mid-table League One budget, we still have to overachieve to get into the top six, which clubs are capable of, I’ve done it for the last three years myself.

In League Two it was a mid-table budget, we got promoted, and then the last two years we finished higher than where we were. So that’s what it is, that’s where we are, that’s clarity. Whether that upsets a few, it probably will do, but I always think honesty, integrity, letting people know the score is the best way of dealing with it.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh, I wouldn't say that !:laugh:

Haha which part?

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If you want to hear the bit that was censored by the gas, go to 35:30 on this link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06sn1n1

He's had a proper pop to be honest. 

I get the impression the board are not at all happy with this, told whoever to ‘chop’ it and although I only said earlier that they won’t sack him due to finances they might not have much choice, Wally came out not long ago say how things are progressing in the background, we know it’s bullshit and it wasn’t ever happening anyway, now Clarke has come out and said the complete opposite to what his boss has said, clearly not a good move in any business, and if that wasn’t enough he’s basically told the masses that the club are skint! He’s getting more and more pissy each week with the owners in his press conferences, to me he’s been trying to get the sack for the last couple of months. He’s gave them a decision to make for sure. I still believe he’ll be gone within the next few days, shame as he’s doing well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Haha which part?

I get the impression the board are not at all happy with this, told whoever to ‘chop’ it and although I only said earlier that they won’t sack him due to finances they might not have much choice, Wally came out not long ago say how things are progressing in the background, we know it’s bullshit and it wasn’t ever happening anyway, now Clarke has come out and said the complete opposite to what his boss has said, clearly not a good move in any business, and if that wasn’t enough he’s basically told the masses that the club are skint! He’s getting more and more pissy each week with the owners in his press conferences, to me he’s been trying to get the sack for the last couple of months. He’s gave them a decision to make for sure. I still believe he’ll be gone within the next few days, shame as he’s doing well.

from - http://www.expatarrivals.com/middle-east/jordan/doing-business-jordan

" values like respect, friendship and trust are paramount in business dealings and personal matters alike. "

basically it sounds like DC is throwing the owners under the bus, that might not go down well.

2 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

DC on RB  "no training ground stdium wile I am here, admits he is underperforming on mid table Lge 1 budget.More cuts to come, players will have to leave."  He is wiating for his pay-off. He wont go, they cant afford to pay him. Board and him are dragging the club down.

And the bad news is....?

From Asschat...

The fact remains that we have sold all the goals out of the side over the last couple of years and replaced them at a fraction of their value

Does this chap not know they forked out £350k for their current goal machine (Taylor’s replacement) who averages 1 goal every 35 games?

Loved that interview, basically showed that supporters are being taken for granted and treated as complete idiots by the board.

Who wants to tell him?

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 1

Couple more beauties...

The one thing we can all do is either mass protests as games or boycott. 

Do they not already boycott home games?

Boycotting the Accrington game and going Christmas shopping instead seems perfect 

Getting the excuses in early I see.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Dopey hasn’t thought this through UNLESS he just wants the gardening leave pay off and has no further ambition to be a Manager. What Chairman will touch him after that rant?!!

Do you reckon? A touch of genius by dopey if you ask me. Off the back of a hiding at home, when he knows the fans will be sharpening their knives towards him, he's thrown the owners under the bus. Not so many chatting about a 4 nil drubbing now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Do you reckon? A touch of genius by dopey if you ask me. Off the back of a hiding at home, when he knows the fans will be sharpening their knives towards him, he's thrown the owners under the bus. Not so many chatting about a 4 nil drubbing now. 

Agree with that but by doing so he has pretty much ensured that no Chairman of another club will touch him with a barge pole. I’m not complaining mind?

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

The number 73 passes right past the ground.........

Just now, glynriley said:

Personally think it’s a bad move, yes he’s trying to delflect the blame elsewhere, but to your boss/employer, and in public? It’s the same as in any other job there’s a line you don’t cross when your unhappy with something and he’s crossed it. Basically telling everyone that his boss is skint.

This gas head is as delusioned as the remainder. Perhaps they're not coming for us after all. . http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13427/where-next 

So the manager has come out and said what we all believed to be the case. The club is moving backwards off the pitch. Budgets are set to be lowered and no stadium or training ground is on the cards.
It’s hard not to feel flat about the future of the club. Without hope, we have very little. DC is absolutely right. We will always only ever be a lower league yo-yo club. If the owners can’t deliver a proper infrastructure, they must sell up.

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Personally think it’s a bad move, yes he’s trying to delflect the blame elsewhere, but to your boss/employer, and in public? It’s the same as in any other job there’s a line you don’t cross when your unhappy with something and he’s crossed it. Basically telling everyone that his boss is skint.

To be fair, everyone knew that.

Apart from Henbury Gas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

This gas head is as delusioned as the remainder. Perhaps they're not coming for us after all. . http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13427/where-next 

So the manager has come out and said what we all believed to be the case. The club is moving backwards off the pitch. Budgets are set to be lowered and no stadium or training ground is on the cards.
It’s hard not to feel flat about the future of the club. Without hope, we have very little. DC is absolutely right. We will always only ever be a lower league yo-yo club. If the owners can’t deliver a proper infrastructure, they must sell up.

Perhaps they should sell the club to Henbury Ass,I’m sure he’s got a spare £5 hanging around somewhere.

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Meanwhile , after a couple of lagers things don’t look so bad

B9D220B0-5231-4EA4-8D33-7830B5D0B617.jpeg

• Haha 2