IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Before Robbored starts up the mini bus to pick it up, theres just a couple of things that need to be checked before making the journey and accepting your kind offer....

(a) Does the TV have a scart socket ?  … they need one to connect their VHS player/recorder to it (unless anyone has an adaptor plug they can donate? )

(b)  Will the TV work off a 12volt car battery via a cable with two crocodile clips and a loop aerial?  - as it will be sited in a tent.

Oh,  its great that its free to collector, but Worthing is fair old trek from Whorefield and the mini bus/van is a bit thirsty, so any fuel you can chip in for will be much appreciated - afterall the Gas will be taking it off your hands for you.

It has all of those things but they can **** off for the petrol money.

On 05/12/2018 at 23:06, In the Net said:

Exactly as it should be since the EFL turned this comp into a farce.  Well done to all those who boycotted the game tonight. 

On 06/12/2018 at 00:16, RumRed said:

Exactly, not one to take the piss out of.

Agreed and agreed. This is one of the few things I'll stand by their side on. It's an absolute joke and we're actually not too far away from it affecting us, so we need to look at the bigger picture. I'm all for p*ss taking in every other instance but I'll agree with the sags on this one.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Agreed and agreed. This is one of the few things I'll stand by their side on. It's an absolute joke and we're actually not too far away from it affecting us, so we need to look at the bigger picture. I'm all for p*ss taking in every other instance but I'll agree with the sags on this one.

I was chatting to a sag in work yesterday about this. Apparently only 33 went to Swansea. Credit for that boycott. 

I asked if they’d go if they got to Wembley though. 

Their honest answer was they weren’t sure and it was a dilemma. It would be hard not to go and see your team play at Wembley and the usual 10,000’s of day trippers that go with both City or Rovers, probably wouldn’t care about supporting the boycott. 

I think I’d be tempted to go if it was a proper first team fixture, but if they were to be playing against some under 21’s team then I just couldn’t get behind it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

But, but, but... 40,000 - locked out - half the City support us - we da best and most loyal.....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-sunderland-charlton-athletic-2300560

This is brilliant and totally backs up a point I regularly try to make to Sagheads that they seem unable to understand. They think their support is the envy of the land and something special but when you take into consideration the catchment area they have it’s pathetic.

Ours isn’t much better (3.8% to their 1.8%) but at least we don’t go around pretending otherwise.

Best thing about that table is that all the clubs those arrogant tossers sneer at for having ‘shit’ support are above them. ?

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

But, but, but... 40,000 - locked out - half the City support us - we da best and most loyal.....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-sunderland-charlton-athletic-2300560

Unfortunately for Rovers, this doesn't include the locked outers, otherwise they would be claiming they would be higher than first.

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is brilliant and totally backs up a point I regularly try to make to Sagheads that they seem unable to understand. They think their support is the envy of the land and something special but when you take into consideration the catchment area they have it’s pathetic.

Ours isn’t much better (3.8% to their 1.8%) but at least we don’t go around pretending otherwise.

Best thing about that table is that all the clubs those arrogant tossers sneer at for having ‘shit’ support are above them. ?

Yeh but I’ve used the population % argument on here lots in the past, saying how clubs like Wigan and Burnley have much better followings than us in this regard when people on here have sneered at their support, and I was shouted down...sometimes we ain’t no better than da gas.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I was chatting to a sag in work yesterday about this. Apparently only 33 went to Swansea. Credit for that boycott. 

I asked if they’d go if they got to Wembley though. 

Their honest answer was they weren’t sure and it was a dilemma. It would be hard not to go and see your team play at Wembley and the usual 10,000’s of day trippers that go with both City or Rovers, probably wouldn’t care about supporting the boycott. 

I think I’d be tempted to go if it was a proper first team fixture, but if they were to be playing against some under 21’s team then I just couldn’t get behind it. 

You’d go to Wembley if da gas were playing another ‘first team’ ?!

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but I’ve used the population % argument on here lots in the past, saying how clubs like Wigan and Burnley have much better followings than us in this regard when people on here have sneered at their support, and I was shouted down...sometimes we ain’t no better than da gas.....

Whoever shouted you down is talking shit. 

Burnley’s population is only 70,000 yet they’ve regularly had average attendances between 13k and 20k depending on the division they’re in. 

The main difference between us and the Gas is that we don’t pretend our support is the envy of “tinpot teams” (as the Sags call them) like Accrington and Fleetwood.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whoever shouted you down is talking shit. 

Burnley’s population is only 70,000 yet they’ve regularly had average attendances between 13k and 20k depending on the division they’re in. 

The main difference between us and the Gas is that we don’t pretend our support is the envy of “tinpot teams” (as the Sags call them) like Accrington and Fleetwood.

Yeh, the neanderthals kept posting stuff at me like “ We get bigger crowds than Burnley, therefore we’ve got bigger support, why can’t you understand that?” .....totally ignorant....

5 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Is there any reaction to that article over on the 15ers site? 

It would appear not....how strange?

You know full well that plenty of them are aware of the article because at the very least they would’ve read about it on here.

Hi Slags ??

I wonder why they haven’t mentioned it? ?

• Haha 2