Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Financially the gap is bigger, of course. Quality wise, I’m not so sure. I think you are under estimating how good the Championship is, generally. 

I just think the tv money and the big 6 clubs or 7 make the premier league a world apart.

That said i agree the gap has widened between league one and the championship,especially this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 23:08, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn’t talking about football when I mentioned Helsinki, I just said nothing bad happened in Helsinki today and nothing stopped despite minus 20 degrees temperatures....so no reason why the gas should call off a game just because it’s a bit chilly in Bristol with pretty much no snow...

It was called off like yeovils match because of a frozen pitch.

If a football pitch is rock hard and frozen the ref will call it off anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Big lost to be announced soon not looking to good for them 

Based upon the last  release the 30 June 2017 accounts won't be up until the end of March or even start of April.  From memory they wrote off a lot of capitalised work last time so the headline loss should actually be significantly lower; though still losing money.

It will be our first look at how much of that £10m facility secured upon the Memorial Ground has been burnt through.  My fag packet calcs suggested end of March but the money they received for that player sale in the Jan window will probably keep them within it to the end of the season.

That's then at the point of having no net assets in the club so what happens then will be interesting.

I forget who, may even have been Rovers, but at least one club has previously forward sold their season ticket / gate income statement the end of the season.  It's a sign of total desperation to do that so that may happen then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Based upon the last  release the 30 June 2017 accounts won't be up until the end of March or even start of April.  From memory they wrote off a lot of capitalised work last time so the headline loss should actually be significantly lower; though still losing money.

It will be our first look at how much of that £10m facility secured upon the Memorial Ground has been burnt through.  My fag packet calcs suggested end of March but the money they received for that player sale in the Jan window will probably keep them within it to the end of the season.

That's then at the point of having no net assets in the club so what happens then will be interesting.

I forget who, may even have been Rovers, but at least one club has previously forward sold their season ticket / gate income statement the end of the season.  It's a sign of total desperation to do that so that may happen then.

It was Rangers before they were liquidated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Big lost to be announced soon not looking to good for them 

Well you were right and I was wrong!

£2.1m operating loss and £0.9m of write-offs totalling £3m.

This is to end of June last year; if the current season looks similar then the money pit has indeed opened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So they welched on the debt?

I think Tan has converted a significant amount into shares, but they still have a large debt.

Hamman was doing all he could to delay paying anything; assuming they would reach the P.L. before his hand was forced. In the meantime they were still signing players on large contracts.

Not sure why clubs are allowed to get away with things like this (Q.P.R. being another example)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I think Tan has converted a significant amount into shares, but they still have a large debt.

Hamman was doing all he could to delay paying anything; assuming they would reach the P.L. before his hand was forced. In the meantime they were still signing players on large contracts.

Not sure why clubs are allowed to get away with things like this (Q.P.R. being another example)

If it's capitalised, then it's not a debt.  Just like Steve did with our debts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Club News

Memorial Stadium Condemned  Today and Tomorrow

3 Hours ago

 
 
Large
 

343 views

The Memorial Stadium will be condemned from Midday today and all of tomorrow due to severe  weather bringing the possibility of vast improvements.

The Club Shop will remain closed on Saturday morning also as money has gone missing again. Literally thousands of supporters are expected to be locked out.

There is a chance that Santas Grotto will open to cash in on the freak weather conditions.

Fans are encouraged to come and use the pitch as a make shift ice rink. It's expected to be the only entertaining thing on the pitch for the remainder of 2018.

The tents are expected to gather a lot of snow on the roofs and collapse, breaking hundreds of white plastic patio chairs.

By the time the snow thaws there will be no grass left at all, just a brown muddy mess which will no doubt lead to more racist remarks from the prowed fan base who are held in deep affection by everyone in England except gurt Teds.

Wally will be returning from Jordan next week where it is hoped that his radiant smile will melt the snow just as it has melted the hearts of the faithful and true.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Financially the gap is bigger, of course. Quality wise, I’m not so sure. I think you are under estimating how good the Championship is, generally. 

I'm inclined to agree BarBS3. How many sides relegated from the Prem are going straight back up? (Potentially none) while 2 of the sides relegated from the Championship look like coming back up. Does that mean the gap between the bottom PL sides and the Championship is small or just that the gap between the Championship and L1 is greater? Personally, I think it's possibly both.

Edited by Ska Junkie
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The Memorial Ground has closed (no, not forever, it's just a bit cold for the little snowflakes!) 

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/march/01.03.18-mem-closed/

If it’s closed there will be no need to spend any money on heating and lighting. A jolly good wheeze as every penny helps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well you were right and I was wrong!

£2.1m operating loss and £0.9m of write-offs totalling £3m.

This is to end of June last year; if the current season looks similar then the money pit has indeed opened.

Strangely, this hasn't been reported in the local press, as yet. I'm sure it will get front page eventually, with some thorough investigative journalism the Post are renowned for regarding BRFC and it's owners.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
blueridge Avatar
Topper Gas Avatar
That's assuming the assets are still greater than the debts? If the Mem is worth around £15m it can be long now before the we have no assets if we continue to lose £2m/3m p.a. It will be interesting to know where all this money is being spent given that DC's continually complaining about his budget. 
 
I would suggest Business Class airfares between London & Amman & other flights associated with BRFC business -  salaries for The Chairman, Finance Director & Commercial Manager - Hotel Accommodation & expenses for these individuals during the working week (these boys don't come cheap) and First Class Hotel Accomodation for Wael whist over here on BRFC business and off course the associated costs for the huge increase in back room staff for the Playing Side. On top of this lot consultancy costs et al associated with the new infrastructure planned!!! I'm sure there's a lot more which will come out in the wash.
 




Hahaha brilliant. Rovers fans really are ******* fantastic. 

"They're not spending enough! They're not spending enough! The bins haven't been collected and the players haven't been paid. They're not spending enough!"

"£3m in losses?! They're spending too much! They're spending too much! They're chucking money away on hotels and flights and strippers! They're spending too much!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:
Club News

Memorial Stadium Condemned  Today and Tomorrow

3 Hours ago

 
 
Large
 

343 views

The Memorial Stadium will be condemned from Midday today and all of tomorrow due to severe  weather bringing the possibility of vast improvements.

The Club Shop will remain closed on Saturday morning also as money has gone missing again. Literally thousands of supporters are expected to be locked out.

There is a chance that Santas Grotto will open to cash in on the freak weather conditions.

Fans are encouraged to come and use the pitch as a make shift ice rink. It's expected to be the only entertaining thing on the pitch for the remainder of 2018.

The tents are expected to gather a lot of snow on the roofs and collapse, breaking hundreds of white plastic patio chairs.

By the time the snow thaws there will be no grass left at all, just a brown muddy mess which will no doubt lead to more racist remarks from the prowed fan base who are held in deep affection by everyone in England except gurt Teds.

Wally will be returning from Jordan next week where it is hoped that his radiant smile will melt the snow just as it has melted the hearts of the faithful and true.

Quality stuff @Cheesleysmate :rofl2br:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm inclined to agree BarBS3. How many sides relegated from the Prem are going straight back up? (Potentially none) while 2 of the sides relegated from the Championship look like coming back up. Does that mean the gap between the bottom PL sides and the Championship is small or just that the gap between the Championship and L1 is greater? Personally, I think it's possibly both.

Hudderrfield and brighton have spent big but still struggle,,millwall and sheff utd have spent little and are comfortable in the championship.

Hull and sunderland are basket cases imo,there are plenty of prem league yo-yo clubs burnley,norwich,wba,watford,hull and west ham..

Every time a club gets relegated from the premier league their best players join another prem team.

that said its not conclusive i admit,you could argue that about 7 teams in the country are top class and from 8th in the prem till about 12th in the championship are mediocre compared but pretty even.

Modern football is depressing and predictable mostly.

If city get in the prem they will struggle,if shrewsbury get in the championship they will struggle etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rich said:

Strangely, this hasn't been reported in the local press, as yet. I'm sure it will get front page eventually, with some thorough investigative journalism the Post are renowned for regarding BRFC and it's owners.

Accounts mailed out before the AGM to members and being reported on gas chat.  People are arguing the toss about what it means and does it matter but nobody is disputing that the figures are correct.

They haven't been uploaded to Companies House yet so I haven't been able to see the level of debt vs security, interest payment, or what has been committed for support in the Going Concern note.

Last year the signing date was end of March and the commitment was twelve months therefrom so it will be interesting to see if the same commitment has been given and the same wording has been used.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Accounts mailed out before the AGM to members and being reported on gas chat.  People are arguing the toss about what it means and does it matter but nobody is disputing that the figures are correct.

They haven't been uploaded to Companies House yet so I haven't been able to see the level of debt vs security, interest payment, or what has been committed for support in the Going Concern note.

Last year the signing date was end of March and the commitment was twelve months therefrom so it will be interesting to see if the same commitment has been given and the same wording has been used.

It has, I think it's a fairly standard part of accounting practice, so doesn't mean a great deal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It has, I think it's a fairly standard part of accounting practice, so doesn't mean a great deal. 

Thanks, although for a company owned by investment bankers who have a reputation to protect I think it does matter. 

Fred Smith scaffolder down the road much less so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The AJIB share price is down 10% in the last two months after a 25% fall in profits during 2017. One investment analyst described the bank's capital investment strategy as "milking the business". They usually distribute most of their profit as dividend so the Al Qadi family income from this source will be down 25% this year.

Just the right time to spend half your income propping up a third tier football club and the other half building a club house and some football pitches on a piece of scrubland at Almondsbury.

 

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 12:16, wendyredredrobin said:

If it's capitalised, then it's not a debt.  Just like Steve did with our debts.

What does that mean?

Steve lansdown capitilised our debt?

Whats the difference between citys debt and rovers debt?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

What does that mean?

Steve lansdown capitilised our debt?

Whats the difference between citys debt and rovers debt?

 

One is red (good debt) and one is blue (bad debt).

Seriously though, Steve Lansdown pays the money to make our debt disappear. In return he receives shares in City to the value of the money he pays. As there are no shares to buy, City release new shares so that he can be sold the necessary amount. The down side to this is that any other individual or organisation with a shareholding does not get the chance to buy an equivalent proportion of shares so their holding is diluted. The upside is that it keeps our incredibly rich owner happy to throw money at us, and allows us to compete at our current level.

If anything above is inaccurate, then apologies, it is just my understanding, so please feel free to correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...