Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

48 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Saw Rovers trending and thought they’d gone bust. Disappointed to see it was just this

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There won`t be any entries as no-one will believe that it`s actually a league ground.

Come off it Lanterne R, the Rovers are famous around the world. This must be true as their forum keeps stating it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Twas Pethick...

peacock.png

Sadly not the challenge I was referring to, though it may have also been in this match. I note this tackle was in the 4th minute If I remember correctly the challenge I refer to was later. City were attacking the East End, the ball was played out of defense and there was an aerial challenge between Peacock and a Rovers player (Jones I think). The ball was headed back to the City half (Fairly). Peacock ended up on all fours on the floor, the Gashead then stepped forward and directly onto Peacocks Achilles Tendon, in a cynical act to injure Peacock, he was successful, as peacock went off injured with the Gashead claiming it was accidental. 

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Just in case you’re thinking of Vaughan Jones (as mentioned earlier) the ‘Jones’ in that 2000 game wasn’t Vaughan.

Well found!

Thanks but, I'm certain it was a Jones. Which one was this, any idea?

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Saw Rovers trending and thought they’d gone bust. Disappointed to see it was just this

Is this a trick question? The facilities do not appear good enough for the EFL.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

Scott Jones. 

Was with them from 2000-2002 and i think he missed a pen vs us at one point also :)

5 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Scott Jones. 

Was with them from 2000-2002 and i think he missed a pen vs us at one point also :)

Thanks RH, your knowledge of them is worrying.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thanks RH, your knowledge of them is worrying.

Is a little. His pen miss vs us helped in them getting relegated as finished 1-1 and they went down 2 points of safety in the end. 

Font of Scott Jones knowledge it seems. 

5 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Apparently according to Bristol live they have a £50 million pound player on their books!!!

The entire club including players, tents, Wally`s watch, Santa`s grotto and the canopy over the bar entrance isn`t worth a tenth of that!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The entire club including players, tents, Wally`s watch, Santa`s grotto and the canopy over the bar entrance isn`t worth a tenth of that!

Ha you failed to factor in the fizzless fanta

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Nope.

Could've been Griff Rhys for all I know?

2 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Is a little. His pen miss vs us helped in them getting relegated as finished 1-1 and they went down 2 points of safety in the end. 

Ahh, that was him....

What a hero he was 🤣

3 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Apparently according to Bristol live they have a £50 million pound player on their books!!!

they may have but he is only two weeks old and had his first shite on their books(accounts) just to cover up the shite they are in.

23 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

They do, but that’s using the South Sudan Pound.

On 24/03/2020 at 18:40, RedHienz said:

And who saved it?

Companies house are granting three month extensions for june 30th accounts due to be filled by the end of this month currently. Could be a long wait still to see the state of their last 18/19 accounts.

53 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

They do, but that’s using the South Sudan Pound.

Just for piss taking purposes I googled it. Just over £300K.

Result: 50000000 SSP = 323346.00031 GBP

That sounds familiar doesn't it? :)

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, kit said:

Companies house are granting three month extensions for june 30th accounts due to be filled by the end of this month currently. Could be a long wait still to see the state of their last 18/19 accounts.

This news then never got through to them then, as their accounts have been lodged at Companies House!

just need to wait a few days.......... 🥳

Group of companies' accounts made up to 30 June 2019

This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

This news then never got through to them then, as their accounts have been lodged at Companies House!

That is surprising after last year's late filings.

I would suggest that, assuming the going concern requirement has been met and that's pretty much nailed on for an early filing, this represents good news for them in that they're not being asset-stripped and sold but will definitely run for another season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That is surprising after last year's late filings.

I would suggest that, assuming the going concern requirement has been met and that's pretty much nailed on for an early filing, this represents good news for them in that they're not being asset-stripped and sold but will definitely run for another season.

Getting the news out now so it goes under the radar of many due to the current news?

• Hmmm 1

Early reports indicate the 2019 accounts will show the Dwane Sports loan as having been fully written off with Rovers now properly capitalised and raring to go when the football starts again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Early reports indicate the 2019 accounts will show the Dwane Sports loan as having been fully written off with Rovers now properly capitalised and raring to go when the football starts again.

Really?

That's a bit daft from the tax position if they ever want to take money out.

Great news for Rovers if this is the case though as that's effectively a £15m donation.

4 minutes ago, bert tann said:

It's true self isolation DOES make people delussional

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You are Tony Blair's spin doctor Jo Moore and I claim my five pounds.

:whistle2:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bert tann said:

So Wally has blown his inheritance then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Bert - are you Comical Ali in disguise?

516BCC38-0C03-4758-9639-D02A2DA9AE82.jpeg

Edited by pongo88

16 hours ago, bert tann said:

Not this time Bert.

Debt to Dwane Sports up to £16.2m from £13.1m. 

Interest payable on that £700k so 4.8% which isn't unreasonable now that a chunk of that is unsecured by exceeding the value of the ground; vaued at £11m.

The going concern note is more standardised suggesting that it was less of an issue - Dwane Sports will have provided proof of funds.

image.png.918c7c44d2c4e6a5cf05d062f999ec6e.png

As above post operating loss before player sales £4m up from £3.6m but include the interest and it's £4.7m up from £4.1m.

In some ways this a a smaller verison of the way that City runs its business with an acceptable ongoing budgeted loss; with our operating loss before player trading being a much larger £18m.

So if the AQs are genuinely rich and are choosing to supprt Rovers as the Lansdowns support City then there is no reason to suppose that they won't keep going as they are.

Obviously there remain the questions about the ground and the training ground but financially they're looking ok within the context of the mad world of football finances.

Tbh I'm surprised as they are now very much underwater in terms of their investment but are continuing as they were.  Also remember that this is 30 June 2019 so that debt is now going to be at least £20m vs the £11m valuation on the ground so approaching £10m underwater and they're unlikely to receiev that from selling.  IIRC £6m was thr quoted figure paid.

There were no post balance sheet events noted so if they have capitalised the loan it was after the date of signing being 20 Feb 2020.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not this time Bert.

Interest payable on that £700k so 4.8% which isn't unreasonable now that a chunk of that is unsecured by exceeding the value of the ground; vaued at £11m.

The going concern note is more standardised suggesting that it was less of an issue - Dwane Sports will have provided proof of funds.

As above post operating loss before player sales £4m up from £3.6m but include the interest and it's £4.7m up from £4.1m.

In some ways this a a smaller verison of the way that City runs its business with an acceptable ongoing budgeted loss; with our operating loss before player trading being a much larger £18m.

So if the AQs are genuinely rich and are choosing to supprt Rovers as the Lansdowns support City then there is no reason to suppose that they won't keep going as they are.

Obviously there remain the questions about the ground and the training ground but financially they're looking ok within the context of the mad world of football finances.

Tbh I'm surprised as they are now very much underwater in terms of their investment but are continuing as they were.  Also remember that this is 30 June 2019 so that debt is now going to be at least £20m vs the £11m valuation on the ground so approaching £10m underwater and they're unlikely to receiev that from selling.  IIRC £6m was thr quoted figure paid.

There were no post balance sheet events noted so if they have capitalised the loan it was after the date of signing being 20 Feb 2020.

So, @Eddie Hitler they made a couple Tillson’s profit on sale of player/s, guess that was the guy who went to Charlton, can’t think of anyone else!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not a mention of the accounts so far on their little private club "forum" gasworks.

They all wait for Swiss Gas to look at them because he's the one with the calculator.

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They all wait for Swiss Gas to look at them because he's the one with the calculator.

Can't they just do the sums on their extra fingers?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

In that case, I can’t remember them actually selling anyone since Taylor! 

Harrison went to Ipswich for 700k since then iirc. That being said, only 1 million from their 2 best players last decade says it all

• Like 2

Just checked, Tom Lockyer had already left the b-losers before he signed for CAFC.

'Tom Lockyer became Charlton’s third summer signing of 2019 following his departure from Bristol Rovers.'

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not this time Bert.

No problem, they`ll just sell Clarke-Harris for £10m and all will be fine.

So their 65k a week loss is now 78k a week.

(If you exclude the one off adjustment for them selling Harrison).

Quite some achievement.

I'm sure by 5pm one of their supporters will suggest they have a quiz night and a car boot sale to help redress the loss.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So their 65k a week loss is now 78k a week.

(If you exclude the one off adjustment for them selling Harrison).

Quite some achievement.

I'm sure by 5pm one of their supporters will suggest they have a quiz night and a car boot sale to help redress the loss.

They`ll have to have a virtual one though. Probably be as popular as a normal one though.