Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification now is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Wouldn't you have to have some sort of test event, evacuation test and get the things fully authorised before you can let the paying few sit in one for a league match?? 

What I'm saying is, even if DHL deliver their IKEA flat pack stands to the Mem tomorrow and they are thrown up in time for 3pm Saturday, surely they won't get a safety certificate in place in that time?? 

Put the thing up, get 10 trainees stood next to it with hair dryers on full blast. If it stays up, it’s all good..!

Not for too long though, obviously. You don’t want to use up this months quota of electric that Wael has kindly put on the Electric meter key..! Such a top bloke..!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Come now.......how long can it take to evacuate 38 people ?

Hmmmm, a bit of complicated maths required here.

Take 38 Sags and then factor in the limited intelligence levels, questionable ability to read signage, friction created by knuckles being dragged across the ground, inevitable delays created by them stopping to shout racist abuse at players and the potential delays if the stand is in close vicinity to a police horse and we could be talking anywhere up to three to four days. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

They have very strict safety procedures that they have to follow...

The Stop and Think checklist

The following helpful tips will help keep you safe in the Memorial Stadium.

Always

• make sure handlers are competent and agile
  • work out an escape route or refuge before working with Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • remember that Bristol Rovers Supporters that are ‘on heat’ are unpredictable
  • try to keep Bristol Rovers Supporters calm when handling them
  • use a stick to assist in directing Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • watch for warning signs of Bristol Rovers Supporters aggression
  • cull aggressive and difficult Bristol Rovers Supporters as soon as possible
  • use well-designed facilities
  • regularly check and maintain facilities such as the crush, gates and fences
  • keep ground surfaces clean, as far as possible
  • protect yourself against disease with proper personal hygiene

Never

• put an inexperienced handler or a child at risk with Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • turn your back on a Bristol Rovers Supporter
  • stress or arouse Bristol Rovers Supporters unnecessarily
  • keep dangerous Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • beat or shout at Bristol Rovers Supporters unnecessarily – they remember bad experiences

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Come now.......how long can it take to evacuate 38 people ?

Getting the 38 out the stand isn’t the problem, the issue is where do they go with 40000 locked out in the car park

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given the strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Wouldn't you have to have some sort of test event, evacuation test and get the things fully authorised before you can let the paying few sit in one for a league match?? 

What I'm saying is, even if DHL deliver their IKEA flat pack stands to the Mem tomorrow and they are thrown up in time for 3pm Saturday, surely they won't get a safety certificate in place in that time?? 

SAG will certainly need to ensure that the guy ropes are manufactured from fire retardant material. I guess we could help them with that test? ;)

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With all the tents they have now, have they started calling home games the 'Gas Jamboree' yet?

Obviously, any scouting that takes place will likely be with view to identifying players, rather than singing ging-gang-goolie.

I remember before THE Mansfield game, you know, the survival celebrations they were having pre-match...?! They had a steel band playing. I wonder if they were actually “steel drums” or just “tin pots”...?! 

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

SAG will certainly need to ensure that the guy ropes are manufactured from fire retardant material. I guess we could help them with that test? ;)

Maybe that's what's caused this complete shambles. When they were told that SAG have to inspect the "construction" to provide a safety certificate, they thought they could send any old bull5hitting, knuckle-dragging sag round.....they probably booked Henburygas

Edited by RedRaw
3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Maybe that's what's caused this complete shambles. When they were told that SAG have to inspect the "construction" to provide a safety certificate, they thought they could send any old bull5hitting, knuckle-dragging sag round.....they probably booked Henburygas

That's a nasty stammer, Raw.

"Yes I drove past yesterday, no stands on any of the terraces and the South West tent has disappeared. you'd think they would put an ice-cream van there to fill the space, or something else that is useful. what I don't understand is why didn't they add a section to the South stand, which was there once upon a time. How long has that temporary stand been there? I remember watching Bo save us from relegation from that stand. (Kidderminster were a league club then too.)

:laughcont:

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Super said:

"Yes I drove past yesterday, no stands on any of the terraces and the South West tent has disappeared. you'd think they would put an ice-cream van there to fill the space, or something else that is useful. what I don't understand is why didn't they add a section to the South stand, which was there once upon a time. How long has that temporary stand been there? I remember watching Bo save us from relegation from that stand. (Kidderminster were a league club then too.)

:laughcont:

He just wants to prepare for when they play up the downs...

What a belter!!

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given the strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Absolutely. The drop from the top of the bleachers must be at least 4 foot....

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Those shitheads can crow and strut, but I've never known a single ted that hasn't begrudgingly admired the fact that as sh** as we always are, we still love the Gas.

In many ways, more than they could ever love their plastic franchise.

As clearly demonstrated by the 4,500 season tickets snapped up by their ever loyal & adoring fans..?!

• Like 1