Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristol Party wasn’t it?

As as child I vaguely remember seeing a bunch of mutants in donkey jackets stood across the road from John Lewis in town, shouting and screaming about something from behind their banner.

Even now, if I close my eyes and really concentrate I can almost smell their B.O. wafting across the street.
I asked my mum who they were and she said “no one that matters”.

As a BS7 resident living near the Gloucester Road, you have just described quite succinctly the match day experience in these here parts.

Let's just say we tolerate them. We're quite friendly and neighbourly around here but to be honest, most of us tend to stay indoors on Rovers match days. That or we go and watch City away. 

35 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

All over for the slags this season (and maybe, hopefully longer)

BREAKING: The EFL are set to inform League One and League Two clubs next week that there is NO CHANCE of the season being completed. Clubs will have to vote on how the final positions in the table will be decided.

Meanwhile in the Rovers Boardroom...

"Well, lads and any lasses here. We are a family club after all. I've been told we have to discuss the final positions on the table.

I suggest that the hobnobs should stay on the side as they are a great substitute should we not have any Battenberg slices. It's all agreed then? Good. Battenbergs on the table, at the top. By the way, get me Mr Kipling on the phone and I'll ask him if he can no longer make the quarters in yellow and pink, well at least for home matches."

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

BREAKING: The EFL are set to inform League One and League Two clubs next week that there is NO CHANCE of the season being completed. Clubs will have to vote on how the final positions in the table will be decided.

Am I right in thinking that Rovers were doing a lot better away than they were at the Mem?

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

A mate of mine from work told me this yesterday, his lad plays for Bolton and reckons they were told the season would not be completed.

He still thinks the points deduction might be carried over to the next season, but he's more confident of avoiding the drop as they won't be relying on 15 year old kids to play the matches.

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Great moments from Rovers 1300 year history:

EXc7xRjXQAAoqjQ.thumb.jpeg.0477aee7fbbb7bf30f2d19aa38a09809.jpeg

Winston Churchill helps to count the number of gas sadly locked out of their first away game in London following Victory in Europe.....

And here he is after confirming the actual number.......

71VDB-FQXjL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I assume that means vote on the mechanism for deciding the final positions, not vote on who finishes where. Because if it were the latter then Rovers, being the much loved club that they apparently are, recognised by other clubs throughout the football world, would doubtless get voted into the top two.

Seriously, it depends a bit, surely, on what happens in the Chamionship. If there's no relegation or promotion then surely the final positions are nothing more than academic. 

On 07/05/2020 at 13:50, TomF said:

Given the likely economic situation the whole country is going to be in, the last thing the council will be throwing money at is that shower 

Actually, that's a good idea for the sags. That's one thing the great unwashed need is a shower.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Great moments from Rovers 1300 year history:

EXc7xRjXQAAoqjQ.thumb.jpeg.0477aee7fbbb7bf30f2d19aa38a09809.jpeg

Winston Churchill helps to count the number of gas sadly locked out of their first away game in London following Victory in Europe.....

...after enjoying their day out in London, a tiny proportion of the gas support decided to head to Severn Beach for a quick dip.

Kumbh-Neka-k5SB-621x414@LiveMint.jpg

• Haha 4
On 07/05/2020 at 23:01, City Rocker said:

As a BS7 resident living near the Gloucester Road, you have just described quite succinctly the match day experience in these here parts.

Let's just say we tolerate them. We're quite friendly and neighbourly around here but to be honest, most of us tend to stay indoors on Rovers match days. That or we go and watch City away. 

Did a job down on a road by the away end At the mem earlier in the year, the guy was so P****d off. As the match balls kept going in his Garden. 

He asked them to put a net up to stop the balls going in his garden and they said they won’t be putting a net up. So he no longer gives the balls back and Keeps them in his garden. He Gave me a match ball. I Rubbed the BRFC off straight away when I got home 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, fatchers said:

BRFC on the footballs ? They must have stolen them from Blackburn rovers or Berwick Rangers.

It was probably just like the ones you had for Sunday football with the team`s initials written on in permanent marker so the opposition didn`t nick them

• Haha 3

Can anyone think of any other league grounds in the country where a slightly over hit pass results in needing to go and ask the local residents if they can have their ball back..?! 

There must be a few....?! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Can anyone think of any other league grounds in the country where a slightly over hit pass results in needing to go and ask the local residents if they can have their ball back..?! 

Didnt the old Shrewsbury ground require a guy in a boat to fish them out the river?

40 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Didnt the old Shrewsbury ground require a guy in a boat to fish them out the river?

Yes they did. 

They've long since progressed to a far more modern & suitable arena, whereas Rovers.....! 

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Luton

Yes, probably over the bizarre row of boxes end. 

Edited by Bar BS3
12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Luton

Exeter (although I think their new main stand* may have stopped it)

*For any s*ggies reading, a `new main stand` is a permanent construction at a football ground built using traditional building materials (not ropes and canvas) and paid for by the club.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The nearest I've come to it is The Lawn  (FGR old ground), netting all down one side, ball goes over.........in someone's garden !

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The nearest I've come to it is The Lawn  (FGR old ground), netting all down one side, ball goes over.........in someone's garden !

Yes, but they did move from that found more than a decade before being promoted to the football league. 

On 07/05/2020 at 14:09, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and yet our Mayor has graciously decided to accept his £9k pay rise in these challenging times for Bristolians ... and our councillors have also awarded themselves generous salary increases that are now in effect:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-52141054

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/pay-rise-mayor-councillors-come-3974687

Yep; unlike the remainder of us, politicians are neither being furloughed on 80% pay, nor being laid off.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 22A said:

Yep; unlike the remainder of us, politicians are neither being furloughed on 80% pay, nor being laid off.

I despise all politicians, of all parties (as things stand) but in fairness, they probably don't qualify for either at the moment and are working harder than ever (in their own corrupted, self serving, bitchy ways) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not football league now but Aldershot had a net behind one goal to stop the ball leaving the ground