Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

14 minutes ago, B block said:

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

I have been quoted the same by Sags I know too. They are totally obsessed with their perceived away following and assume because they are the self confessed faithful and true that their away following has to be bigger than the gurt Teds without the need to check the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve been buying the Viz for years and nearly every month they do a spoof ‘Take a Break’ style gossip magazine article.

It always features some fictional, attention seeking bullshitter making outrageous claims about things they’ve got up to with celebrities in private or boasting about inside knowledge they’ve obtained by accident whilst unblocking Brad Pitt’s bog.

Henbury Gas and his computer shop is a bit like a real life version of that.

Fictional? How very dare you. Kylie won't be at all happy when she gets back tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Up next;

Who put the **** into Scunthorpe?

Well I'm guessing that Dopey will put 11 of them out there on Saturday dressed in that stupid blue and white quartered clowns outfit.

Best City link I can find is that we sold them legendary horses arse Steve Torpey for what was at the time their record transfer fee of £175,000.

Up front Scunthorpe have ex Reading striker Simon Church and ex Yeovil top scorer Paddy Maddon, so they have goals in the team.

4-0 to the Iron?

Uber for Dopey?

sc.jpg

pm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I have been quoted the same by Sags I know too. They are totally obsessed with their perceived away following and assume because they are the self confessed faithful and true that their away following has to be bigger than the gurt Teds without the need to check the facts.

Mind you, if you've got a home ground like Chernobyl you probably would prefer to go away to proper stadiums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Up next;

Who put the **** into Scunthorpe?

Well I'm guessing that Dopey will put 11 of them out there on Saturday dressed in that stupid blue and white quartered clowns outfit.

Best City link I can find is that we sold them legendary horses arse Steve Torpey for what was at the time their record transfer fee of £175,000.

Up front Scunthorpe have ex Reading striker Simon Church and ex Yeovil top scorer Paddy Maddon, so they have goals in the team.

4-0 to the Iron?

Uber for Dopey?

sc.jpg

pm.jpg

@myol'man these are almost turning into official match day threads :clap:

• Haha 2

The year we got promoted as Champions from L1?

We averaged about 1400 away that season. Higher than they’ve ever averaged.

They had more than that locked out from every match.  Kent police had to implement Operation Stack (Google it if you don't know) when they played at Dover

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve been buying the Viz for years and nearly every month they do a spoof ‘Take a Break’ style gossip magazine article.

It always features some fictional, attention seeking bullshitter making outrageous claims about things they’ve got up to with celebrities in private or boasting about inside knowledge they’ve obtained by accident whilst unblocking Brad Pitt’s bog.

Henbury Gas and his computer shop is a bit like a real life version of that.

Am a Viz fan too. My favourite character is Mr. Gas Logic.

• Haha 6

Just had a quick browse of their forum. They are getting the wind up on all fronts. The comments from Hamer in the supposed email reply seem quite damming of employees and departed staff. It's getting uncomfortably hot at the Minimal. Shall we have a whip round?

• Haha 1

The year we got promoted as Champions from L1?

We averaged about 1400 away that season. Higher than they’ve ever averaged.

1 hour ago, B block said:

I have just been reliably informed that when the horse punchers were in the conference their away support was bigger than ours, as ours that year was terrible, someone give me a doctors number I think I need someone to be sectioned 

Just thought I would bring this over from Malago's Attendances thread. This shows that we are taking almost double their numbers away this season. 

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

I am sure the Gasheads will still argue the point though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B block said:

Ah yes. The year we took 5k to MK. Terrible support.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Just had a quick browse of their forum. They are getting the wind up on all fronts. The comments from Hamer in the supposed email reply seem quite damming of employees and departed staff. It's getting uncomfortably hot at the Minimal. Shall we have a whip round?

Umm...no!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Genuine question. How far down the pyramid would they need to go to have the best facilities in the league?

Gateshead has a cracking ground and they're level six or seven so somewhere below that. Cherry Red Records Hellenic League would be my guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Genuine question. How far down the pyramid would they need to go to have the best facilities in the league?

Downs league.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Melksham have just had a new £5m stadium built and are in the Western Premier, so at least a division below that.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Am a Viz fan too. My favourite character is Mr. Gas Logic.

What a Wenka! :laughcont:

IMG_3486.PNG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Well, Melksham Town, who play in Level 9 of the pyramid opened a new all-singing all-dancing Stadium last season which is better than the Pisspoorial.

Incidentally, Doomed Darrell will get to see it for himself this weekend as he’s turning out for Melksham against a Man Utd legends XI.

Flapper Phillips and Gas donkeys from days of yore Haldane and Mehew also in the squad.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Well, Melksham Town, who play in Level 9 of the pyramid opened a new all-singing all-dancing Stadium last season which is better than the Pisspoorial.

Incidentally, Doomed Darrell will get to see it for himself this weekend as he’s turning out for Melksham against a Man Utd legends XI.

Flapper Phillips and Gas donkeys from days of yore Haldane and Mehew also in the squad.

The bloke is an absolute belter on Twitter.

Went from declaring Leeds would win the league one week to demanding the manager be sacked a week later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I'll be off on Saturday. Mate is a season ticket holder for Scunny, hope they hammer the Sags. 

Could get interesting in the away end as the 4th goes in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, red panda said:

They had more than that locked out from every match.  Kent police had to implement Operation Stack (Google it if you don't know) when they played at Dover

Didn’t we also have ‘don’t forget how many were in the home end and in the boxes’ when they were challenged about official numbers being at odds with theirs?

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just goes to show that it's not just the local press that failed to investigate the actual status of their owners, Garth Crooks suggesting that he could have bought "any club in the Premiership" is just laughable. I am sure that this forum had already identified that they were nowhere near that wealthy, but once again Wael seems happy to let the myth persist with his self deprecating reply.

To be fair to Wael, he did respond: 'Well, not any football club, but....'

OK. Wael's reply was, as you say correctly, self-deprecating, but he says these things in such a warm, lovely way that you can surely understand how and why he was carried by his adoring fans down the Gloucester Road.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

I imagine the nine of them will be a mite downhearted.

Yeah! but the 1000's locked outside will kick right off.

7 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Yeah! but the 1000's locked outside will kick right off.

Will that fat bloke reach through the net and punch the goalie again? 

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Will that fat bloke reach through the net and punch the goalie again? 

More of slap though wasn't it.

5 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh yeah I find that. Everywhere I go and I say I am a city fan everyone stop talking to me and I am shunned. Meanwhile my gashead brother in law is treated like a king.

You really should take the plunge and explore life outside the confines of the Memorial Stadium. Break the shackles of your brothers' enslavement.

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just earwigging a conversation in a pub in Bradley Stoke. UWE site going to be an arena. Gossip obviously.

The fact that Edward is a Merchant Venturer will have no bearing on any decisions taken by anybody.

5 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The fact that Edward is a Merchant Venturer will have no bearing on any decisions taken by anybody.

BT . Sorry mate I haven’t got a clue what you’re on about 

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

Didn’t we also have ‘don’t forget how many were in the home end and in the boxes’ when they were challenged about official numbers being at odds with theirs?

Not quite, they just decided that everyone who bought tickets in the neutral section we’re all gasheads 

26 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Must be lovely to have a wife who can bail you out to the tune of £1m when you go bankrupt 

They should at least manage to beat Sunderland`s away attendance at Grimsby for the whateveritscalled trophy on Tuesday. Estimates vary between three and seven away fans attending out of a crowd of 248.

Fair play to both clubs` fans for sticking two fingers up to the competition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Horrified to see this on the BBC News website today.

When will they stop?

20171109_122515.png

I saw that earlier and immediately thought of our 6 fingered neighbours. :rofl2br:

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must be lovely to have a wife who can bail you out to the tune of £1m when you go bankrupt 

She found it in an old handbag at the back of the wardrobe.

I've just read the methane sorters post about everyone around the country loving the gas. 

As I'm working in Swansea this week on a nhs project,  I got chatting to a Swans fan about football and he asked if we were rebuilding our stadium as we were doing really well in the Championship. I showed him the pics and he was well impressed and very positive about City. He then asked 'whatever happened to the other lot, did they go bust?' My reply was 'watch this space' to which he replied 'good,  they are just plain weird!'

He's just made a new friend! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just read the methane sorters post about everyone around the country loving the gas. 

As I'm working in Swansea this week on a nhs project,  I got chatting to a Swans fan about football and he asked if we were rebuilding our stadium as we were doing really well in the Championship. I showed him the pics and he was well impressed and very positive about City. He then asked 'whatever happened to the other lot, did they go bust?' My reply was 'watch this space' to which he replied 'good,  they are just plain weird!'

He's just made a new friend! ;)

Sprayed water all over my monitor, you bastard :laughcont:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sipirate Avatar
sipirate
Youth Team
about an hour ago
Topper Gas said:
sipirate said:
You really are thick, we have a very wealthy owner. everything about the club screams improvement and expenditure being at its highest.
The Al Quadi family dont need outside assistance to help pay some petty wages... get real. 

THICKLE!

I suggest you take 5 minutes to read the forum rules.  

I Suggest you use your brain.. i mean comon! The al quadi family needed an outside source to pay wages hahaha

The bloody borrow money to people from there slice of HSBC.. what on earth are you talking about?!
Edited by RumRed
Ha ha ha
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RumRed said:
sipirate Avatar
sipirate
Youth Team
about an hour ago
Topper Gas said:
sipirate said:
You really are thick, we have a very wealthy owner. everything about the club screams improvement and expenditure being at its highest.
The Al Quadi family dont need outside assistance to help pay some petty wages... get real. 

THICKLE!

I suggest you take 5 minutes to read the forum rules.  

I Suggest you use your brain.. i mean comon! The al quadi family needed an outside source to pay wages hahaha

The bloody borrow money to people from there slice of HSBC.. what on earth are you talking about?!

Wow the fact they can't even think of the word "lend" is really something. 

And they seem so sure than minority shareholders in positions of power in a bank can do as they wish, or have vast reserves of liquid cash rather than tied up in shares (see Mike Ashley's comment about struggling to invest extra money in Newcastle as good wealth is all tied up in SportsDirect shares).

And that's even if Hani is letting another penny go to that black hole of cash - which isn't the case if their forums are to be believed... 

(To be fair City were a black hole for cash too for many years - this year is the only one we might even break even due to the Man U game and high attendances, difference is our owner keeps getting richer and can liquidify cash easily)

• Like 1