Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

There's a thread on sag chat about what they want to see next season, the most liked post is about us going down, ahead of them going up, getting a new ground etc. 

Sad really.... 

They obviously just feel their greatest chance of their "dream cup final" (in a league game at Ashton Gate) was if we were to be relegated rather than getting themselves promoted -- Inclined to agree

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Did have a laugh at that, to be honest.

Do wonder how long it's been sat collecting dust waiting to be used though;)

I can't laugh at that. It's just taking the piss out of us and celebrating it.  I can understand why he left for his huge pay increase, and I can see why he wanted to play in the Championship, but to appear on a gif and laugh about the snake thing shows a huge disrespect for DC, the chance he was given as a non-league player, and the way he was developed by us.

If I were Matty and the producers of that clip told him what they wanted him to do, I would have told them to **** off.

Bahahahaha

• Haha 5
  • Snake 1

49 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Did have a laugh at that, to be honest.

Do wonder how long it's been sat collecting dust waiting to be used though;)

Struggling to remember the last player who managed to score from the treatment table?

54 minutes ago, pommers65 said:

I can't laugh at that. It's just taking the piss out of us and celebrating it.  I can understand why he left for his huge pay increase, and I can see why he wanted to play in the Championship, but to appear on a gif and laugh about the snake thing shows a huge disrespect for DC, the chance he was given as a non-league player, and the way he was developed by us.

If I were Matty and the producers of that clip told him what they wanted him to do, I would have told them to **** off.

Bahahahaha

9E0952D2-876D-47AD-AEC2-DC9C6C20547A.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

Bahahahaha

A couple of them accept it for what it is and fair play to them. The others seem to forget that the players make their own GIFs and there isn't a 'producer' directing them.

Long story short, pay your players what they're worth and don't give them monthly contracts and they might possibly show some interest in staying!

Wonder if their kids teams still have to buy their own kit?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Struggling to remember the last player who managed to score from the treatment table?

It was a laugh, but if you want to be serious about it all he's taken part in 28 Championship games since he last scored incase you want to be politically correct.

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

It was a laugh, but if you want to be serious about it all he's taken part in 28 Championship games since he last scored incase you want to be politically correct.

Even if you ignore the contribution he made towards our survival last season, the superb pass to set up Korey Smith for the winning goal against Man Utd more than paid back the peanuts we got him for.

Something your fellow Sags always seem to overlook when you sneer at his goal scoring record since coming to BS3.

7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

You can just imagine how furious they were when they realised who had scored :laughcont:

They’ll have to wait a little longer before cracking open the champagne, even though we’ll probably still finish this season higher in the league than their funny little club has ever been. I’m sure their scoreboard will keep them informed of events at the Riverside on Saturday.

How is their promotion push going?

Are they still ‘coming for us’, ‘breathing down our necks’, ‘chasing us down’ etc or did they bottle it weeks ago?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pommers65 said:

Bahahahaha

:rofl2br:

After all the abuse and threats they’ve dished out since he left this one thinks he should have told ‘the producers’ to **** off?

Dream on.

He obviously loved doing it and I don’t blame him. Well done Matty :clap:

• Like 2

The piss boiling in N.Bristol rather hillarious. Many not realising Matty's been out injured for a lot of the season yet they were harping on when Bodin went to PNE and saying he'd scored more than Taylor in the league. You wot..?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

Bitter or what? Jealous c***s

Oh the joy....I haven’t had this much joy since they wheeled out the TV and Top Loading Video on a stand at primary school! 

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Even if you ignore the contribution he made towards our survival last season, the superb pass to set up Korey Smith for the winning goal against Man Utd more than paid back the peanuts we got him for.

Something your fellow Sags always seem to overlook when you sneer at his goal scoring record since coming to BS3.

You can just imagine how furious they were when they realised who had scored :laughcont:

They’ll have to wait a little longer before cracking open the champagne, even though we’ll probably still finish this season higher in the league than their funny little club has ever been. I’m sure their scoreboard will keep them informed of events at the Riverside on Saturday.

How is their promotion push going?

Are they still ‘coming for us’, ‘breathing down our necks’, ‘chasing us down’ etc or did they bottle it weeks ago?

It gets better....The slightly ruffled but clearly ‘not bothered Sags’ are commenting on it in the Evil Post......You can just vision them smashing up their keyboards after writing their jealousy ravaged responses. I bet they are trying to find out where he lives again so that they can send round a Commer Van full of aged Tote Enders to go all Aggro.

99A876B7-5E2B-4F31-9B64-21160D6B37AE.jpeg

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh the joy....I haven’t had this much joy since they wheeled out the TV and Top Loading Video on a stand at primary school! 

It gets better....The slightly ruffled but clearly ‘not bothered Sags’ are commenting on it in the Evil Post......You can just vision them smashing up their keyboards after writing their jealousy ravaged responses. I bet they are trying to find out where he lives again so that they can send round a Commer Van full of aged Tote Enders to go all Aggro.

99A876B7-5E2B-4F31-9B64-21160D6B37AE.jpeg

I think the numbers after their user names say it all really,it’s obviously their IQ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

I think the numbers after their user names say it all really,it’s obviously their IQ.

HELLO! We’re now the richest club in Bristol...Unlucky the shit eh? I’ve gotta say it because I’m an obsessed Sag with an inferiority complex just like the rest.

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Nah, Needle's is paying homage to the year they became a league club.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Nah, Needle's is paying homage to the year they became a league club.

Funny, when ever I think of needles, I think of p*****.

5 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Bristol rovers highest ever placing is 6th in division two 1955-56 and again in 1958-59,  that is it in ONE HUNDRED AND  THIRTY FIVE YEARS.

Enough said.

I hate to say it, but if you take away the paltry four seasons we spent in Division 1 in the late 70s, we haven't done that much better in the last 100 years.  Given our resources, I would argue that in that period we have been the more underachieving team.  Sorry to be a party-pooper.

They are having a “Songs for Rovers”  thread for next season.

How about....

He’s short,

Quick feet,

He’s living in the street,

Stu Sinclair, Stu Sinclair 

Or....

Stu is living in a box,

Stu is living in a cardboard box

Or

We’ve all fallen in love with Wally,

We’ve all fallen in love,

In love with Wally,

In love with Wally,

because Wally is so lovely.

Or

Spare Change,

Have you got any spare change?

Or

Hello, HELLO, 6th richest club, 6th richest club

Hello, HELLO, unlucky da shit, unlucky da shit

1765DB55-DA23-43C5-9026-75F4D13CE4C9.jpeg

Edited by Cheesleysmate

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I hate to say it, but if you take away the paltry four seasons we spent in Division 1 in the late 70s, we haven't done that much better in the last 100 years.  Given our resources, I would argue that in that period we have been the more underachieving team.  Sorry to be a party-pooper.

I see what you mean...as a poxy 3rd tier club with traditionally fewer fans than their main rivals, no real ambition, ever, from owners or supporters alike and a track record of telling potentially wealthy investors to **** off, a couple of 6th place finishes in the 2nd tier since 1883 probably seems like quite a reasonable achievement.

In terms of League and Cup success they’re behind clubs like Carlisle Utd and Mansfield.

As for us, yes we’ve definitely underachieved although I don’t believe Lansdowns money has given us an edge over many clubs at Championship level when you consider the amount of money floating around football these days with other very wealthy owners out there and Parachute Payments.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

So, they think hes a snake, they must be right then. Fair play to Matty Taylor, he did as much as DC getting them where they now are . Typical bitter nasty methane snorters.

:violin:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Reserve Team

bradfordmeyerbiggs Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 296 posts
about an hour ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by bradfordmeyerbiggs on about an hour ago

I wish they would get rid. It was nice when he was out of favour and being slagged off by the Teds. Now he comes back and scores and takes the piss out of us with a snake gif. He wouldn’t be laughing if he walked in the Lamb I can tell you that for nothing. Snake shithead lady garden

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They are having a “Songs for Rovers”  thread for next season.

How about....

He’s short,

Quick feet,

He’s living in the street,

Stu Sinclair, Stu Sinclair 

Or....

Stu is living in a box,

Stu is living in a cardboard box

Or

We’ve all fallen in love with Wally,

In love with Wally,

In love with Wally,

because Wally is so lovely.

Or

Spare Change,

Or

Hello, HELLO, 6th richest club, 6th richest club

Hello, HELLO, unlucky da shit, unlucky da shit

1765DB55-DA23-43C5-9026-75F4D13CE4C9.jpeg

"He's behind my bins, he's behind your, bins, Stuart Sinclair, he's behind our bins".....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Reserve Team

Posting Level

Next Level in 296 posts
Post Options

I wish they would get rid. It was nice when he was out of favour and being slagged off by the Teds. Now he comes back and scores and takes the piss out of us with a snake gif. He wouldn’t be laughing if he walked in the Lamb I can tell you that for nothing. Snake shithead lady garden

Ooh - tough guy! The Lamb is full of shandy drinkers.

I was impressed how quickly all the Gas comments appeared in response to Taylor’s gif. Good to know they have a keen interest in following BCFC matters on Social Media

Personally, I haven’t a clue what happens when one of their players score and would be hard pushed to recognise any of their team other than Harrison and that scruffy bleeder with the sh1te beard and haircut combo

It's 2018 and the Sags are in complete outrage that a football player put on his hand a snake puppet. I don't seem to remember them being this outraged when their fans were racially abusing opposition players every week.. funny that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

I was impressed how quickly all the Gas comments appeared in response to Taylor’s gif. Good to know they have a keen interest in following BCFC matters on Social Media

Personally, I haven’t a clue what happens when one of their players score and would be hard pushed to recognise any of their team other than Harrison and that scruffy bleeder with the sh1te beard and haircut combo

Don't mention that scruffy bleeder with the sh1te beard and haircut combo .........

............. too late ...........

homeless.thumb.jpg.f11b45438a6a159817cafca63193414e.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Don't mention that scruffy bleeder with the sh1te beard and haircut combo .........

............. too late ...........

homeless.thumb.jpg.f11b45438a6a159817cafca63193414e.jpg

Look at the state of him. What goes through his mind when deciding he wants to look like that 

• Haha 2

Thank you Matty Taylor, the goals your scoring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

It's 2018 and the Sags are in complete outrage that a football player put on his hand a snake puppet. I don't seem to remember them being this outraged when their fans were racially abusing opposition players every week.. funny that.

Always the victims.

When Santo was going mad after Wolves winner in the stands that was funny, when Plymouth boss waves at the Sags they want an enquiry by the EFL. When City fans were arranging something for Sir Colin it was out of order, yet when Windass gets an invite to the Legion and Chasers, it's great.

Why would Rovers fans be looking at our GIFs anyway?? Is it because we got a bit of media coverage with them and they never?

Ps - well done Snakey, a cracking GIF 

• Like 9

Just  a coincidence, but I was listening to King Crimson today and heard this:

Your admirers on the street
Got to hoot and stamp their feet
In the heat from your physique
As you twinkle by mocassin sneakers
And I thought my heart would break
When you doubled up the stake
With your fingers all a shake
You could never tell a winner from a snake

(Easy Money)

Didn't someone say our neighbours are looking for a new song?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Ooh - tough guy! The Lamb is full of shandy drinkers.

I thought it was a “Chelsea” pub ?

Perhaps the Sag should inform the rest of the Teds round the area wearing City gear that it a Gas area

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

I thought it was a “Chelsea” pub ?

Perhaps the Sag should inform the rest of the Teds round the area wearing City gear that it a Gas area

Dave the landlord is a Chelsea fan

4 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Look at the state of him. What goes through his mind when deciding he wants to look like that 

its not his fault he was born so ugly. he don't earn enough for plastic surgery to right the mug behind all the facial hair he grows trying to hide it. 

11 hours ago, glynriley said:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Reserve Team

Posting Level

Next Level in 296 posts
Post Options

No one would be laughing if they walked in the Lamb. Gagging, maybe, but not laughing. ..

• Haha 1

"Big queue in (and out) the shop after the game and a person who obviously had special needs was cheerfully marshalling the queue,  he had already thrown me out for eating a pie  :D  as the queue moved forward over the imaginary line in to the shop.  However once I had bought my ticket as I was leaving the shop there was another “man” giving the poor lad loads of abuse -  Made me feel sick, that someone should pick on the vulnerable in that way.  Whoever you were I hope you are proud of yourself and I hope you felt good in front of any mates you may have. I am just a bit surprised that I was the only one to speak up for the poor Marshall."

Rovers fan abusing the disabled. What a surprise.

I'm waiting for Henbury Gas to claim it was the ex-city fan mysteriously left toothless in an almost supernaturally unseen attack....

Racism, Sexual assault, Women druggie slapping around a little girl on the North Terrace and now a gashead abusing one of their own stewards with special needs.

Family club my arse :facepalm:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

It's 2018 and the Sags are in complete outrage that a football player put on his hand a snake puppet. 

Can't blame the Scum for being bitter; after all, unlike that other Puppeteer with Gash connections, Rod Hull, Taylor washed away his shame by coming over to the Good Guys instead of taking the somewhat terminal step of chucking himself off of a building.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

No one would be laughing if they walked in the Lamb. Gagging, maybe, but not laughing. ..

The most overrated pub in the whole Bristol area,mouth and trousers doings to mind.

• Like 1