IGNORED

PFA team of the Year

Super

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Of course I actually prefer this one from whoscored.com.

1. It's 442

2. It's based on objective stats so no big club bias

3. It includes every game of the season rather than being decided in March with 25% of the season left to play

4. I don't know, there's just something about the players picked that I just find comforting

Screenshot_20190424-105619.png

I was going to say that the only players of ours which would have anywhere near a chance of getting into this years team is Webster & Maenpaa. So it was good to see this borne out in the stats. 

No complaints from me though over no City players in there. 

Those unlucky not to be in it : Adams, Maupay, Phillips, Wigan James, Swansea James, McGinn, Dack, Bowen, Gayle, Krul Stiepermans, off the top of my head. 

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No self-awareness or trolling?

What?! “Every day”???!!!! I didn’t post on here for a week or so recently due to family stuff etc - so how does that sit with your ‘every day’ / ‘no self awareness’ crusade?!

Give it a rest - you never know, we could even agree on things - but you are now jumping on pretty much every single post I put on here with your bile and you are loving pretty much every single post that disagrees with me....what’s your point?

‘Troll’ and ‘Trolling’ are lazy terms used by people like you - you even tried to get a thread shut down recently because you didn’t agree with it - wow! 

Honestly, can’t we just draw a line under it and move on and realise we might even have some of the same views? I bet we have lots of them in reality ...

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was going to say that the only players of ours which would have anywhere near a chance of getting into this years team is Webster & Maenpaa. So it was good to see this borne out in the stats. 

No complaints from me though over no City players in there. 

Those unlucky not to be in it : Adams, Maupay, Phillips, Wigan James, Swansea James, McGinn, Dack, Bowen, Gayle, Krul Stiepermans, off the top of my head. 

Yeh, you could make a decent bench out of almost any of that lot. Rodriguez and Mason Mount would also be in the conversation.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, you could make a decent bench out of almost any of that lot. Rodriguez and Mason Mount would also be in the conversation.

Not seen Mount perform anywhere near consistently enough. I wouldn’t put him in this year. Good potential but not quite there for me yet 

16 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Well, I get what you're saying, but surely the average pro understands what it takes to be a good player at his level more than an ordinary fan ? Additionally, they may be influenced by reports from former team mates now at other clubs in the same division, plus detailed briefings from their managers and coaches about the performances of players they will have been to watch which fans won't have been privy to.

All in all I would say a pro is better placed, and it is quite an accolade when your peers do the honours.

Just my opinion and I appreciate others will see it differently.

Players have put Pogba in the Prem team! Shoes they don’t know it all 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ten times? On TV? You can’t judge a player on TV - I completely changed my opinion of Patrick Vieira after I saw him play ‘live’ - you cannot see the off the ball movement etc when you just watch players on television - you seemingly base your opinions of Bristol City players after watching all the games on a small screen too...

What are you on about? So all opinions on players is null and void unless you’ve seen them at games? 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Pogba? They're having a laugh aren't they.

Overpaid, overrated and over here!

Again, as I said to the dismay of @RedDave, it's hard to argue with players who have played against almost of all the players in the league twice. As part of their match preparation work, they would analyse videos of individual player performance and watch their own game. You'd also hope they'd watch MOTD or the highlights on quest. You can argue that they can't vote based on one or two performances, but given each and every opponent they face gets to vote, you'd imagine it would average itself out and any uncharacteristic, fantastic performances by mediocre players would be eliminated. 

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What?! “Every day”???!!!! I didn’t post on here for a week or so recently due to family stuff etc - so how does that sit with your ‘every day’ / ‘no self awareness’ crusade?!

Give it a rest - you never know, we could even agree on things - but you are now jumping on pretty much every single post I put on here with your bile and you are loving pretty much every single post that disagrees with me....what’s your point?

‘Troll’ and ‘Trolling’ are lazy terms used by people like you - you even tried to get a thread shut down recently because you didn’t agree with it - wow! 

Honestly, can’t we just draw a line under it and move on and realise we might even have some of the same views? I bet we have lots of them in reality ...

Pot ,kettle .....?

32 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Again, as I said to the dismay of @RedDave, it's hard to argue with players who have played against almost of all the players in the league twice. As part of their match preparation work, they would analyse videos of individual player performance and watch their own game. You'd also hope they'd watch MOTD or the highlights on quest. You can argue that they can't vote based on one or two performances, but given each and every opponent they face gets to vote, you'd imagine it would average itself out and any uncharacteristic, fantastic performances by mediocre players would be eliminated. 

I think you need to look up the word dismay!  The inclusion of Pogba confirms that players don’t necessarily get it right 

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think you need to look up the word dismay!  The inclusion of Pogba confirms that players don’t necessarily get it right 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. There have been 499 players who have played in the Premier League this season and many more who are registered with the PFA and are eligible to vote but are yet to make a first team appearance. In my opinion, their vote has more credibility than Mick from Barrow-in-Furness who believes that Pogba is crap because Graeme Souness is on his TV every week yammering on about Pogba being terrible. 

Also, Whoscored.com produce a statistical team of the year based on objective Opta data. They also include Pogba in their team of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. There have been 499 players who have played in the Premier League this season and many more who are registered with the PFA and are eligible to vote but are yet to make a first team appearance. In my opinion, their vote has more credibility than Mick from Barrow-in-Furness who believes that Pogba is crap because Graeme Souness is on his TV every week yammering on about Pogba being terrible. 

Also, Whoscored.com produce a statistical team of the year based on objective Opta data. They also include Pogba in their team of the season. 

I think having a player who has admitted twice to not trying as hard as he could this season and can often be seen ambling around a pitch, in the team of the season is very odd.  They don’t have stats for effort though or losing your man which is why stats should really be taken with a pinch of salt.

Archived