Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It may be that another decision is made, I was just meaning to clarify that it wouldn't be a case that results for some teams get voided, while others are handed a win.

I wasn't too clear in my post though.

You were perfectly clear James; my point is that if the EFL may void Bolton's results then effectively us, Boro and Derby have two alternative states as it currently stands; Schrödinger's league table if you will.

So either it is:

Derby on 67, 3 to play

Boro on 67, 2 to play

City on 66, 3 to play

Or it is:

Derby on 64, 3 to play

City on 62, 3 to play

Boro on 61, 2 to play

 

I know that the EFL has said "play the games" but Bolton may well not be able to do that so it's then either walkovers or record expunged.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Private sector strike action is not uncommon, so I'm not sure why the OP wrote OMG. The PFA union is supporting the Bolton strikers and I hope the strikers get their wages paid in full. Also, I hope that all younger Bolton players will show solidarity and refuse to play the remaining games.

 Private sector unions have been growing in recent years with the rise of zero hours contracts, insecure jobs and worsening pension arrangements. So I think we'll see a lot more of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems all too late for the EFL to get involved here, whether you like Bolton or not, where have they been and what have they been doing? And what have the PFA been up to? Also conspicious in their silence. It's not like this has only just been happening.

All words but no action when it comes to proper effective governance.

Asking the U-18's to fulfil (possibly) the remaining 2 fixtures, you're effectively asking a group of boys to break a picket line.

What an absolute mess.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

Private sector strike action is not uncommon, so I'm not sure why the OP wrote OMG. The PFA union is supporting the Bolton strikers and I hope the strikers get their wages paid in full. Also, I hope that all younger Bolton players will show solidarity and refuse to play the remaining games.

It’s not just the strikers - the goalies, defenders and midfielders are also taking industrial action. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s not just the strikers - the goalies, defenders and midfielders are also taking industrial action. 

Just what I was thinking, not forgetting the wing backs and those who play in the hole.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s not just the strikers - the goalies, defenders and midfielders are also taking industrial action. 

 

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Just what I was thinking, not forgetting the wing backs and those who play in the hole.

Yes, workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains ... or in this case, your championship status

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Good riddance to them  

Harsh and unfair.

It wasn’t my fault that we nearly went to the wall in 1982. It was the fault of the board.  The creation of the AG8 was not my fault. It was the fault of the board. I’m just a supporter. 

The problems at Bolton are not of the supporters making. Like me, they love and deserve to be able to continue to support their club. I certainly don’t want them to disappear. Neither should any of us. There but for the grace of God go we. 

COBW 

COYR

  • Like 8
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Great, so it's our fault they can't play today.

Bailey Wright will be given a suspension for that.

 

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Birmingham to send a few letters off as well.

 

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

And Weimann will be ruled as offside for each of his next 6 goals.

 

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Yellow cards for LJ, Macca and Holden and an FA fine for failing to control our players as well to boot

None of these will happen as it would make things too obvious.

It would be far better to get the ref today to send off one of our young players for a tackle which isn`t even a foul - no-one would suspect that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Right Hand said:

 

 

 

None of these will happen as it would make things too obvious.

It would be far better to get the ref today to send off one of our young players for a tackle which isn`t even a foul - no-one would suspect that.

If you had posted that before 3pm you would be inundated with requests for the lottery numbers.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so the League has declared Bolton MUST fulfil their fixtures, but as a TV commentator asked "How can they with unpaid players and no one available to pay the players"?

A few years ago Blackpool's final game of the season against Huddersfield was abandoned at Half time 0-0. The League decided that the game could not be replayed, so that half time score was allowed to stand. An unsatisfactory way, but practical way to solve the current mess would be to have the League either award 3-0 walk overs to the Bolton's final two opponents or to declare them 0-0 draws.

Going forward, will the EFL may tighten up on account auditing and procedures etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

No.

Without a radical shake up the EFL are not fit to run football.

The problem is that the EFL is a trade association not a governing body.

In situations like this and FFP it needs a wholly independent board with its own staff to take care of compliance with established rules.

It won't happen of course as it might prevent the big Championship clubs from manipulating the system to suit themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 22A said:

OK, so the League has declared Bolton MUST fulfil their fixtures, but as a TV commentator asked "How can they with unpaid players and no one available to pay the players"?

A few years ago Blackpool's final game of the season against Huddersfield was abandoned at Half time 0-0. The League decided that the game could not be replayed, so that half time score was allowed to stand. An unsatisfactory way, but practical way to solve the current mess would be to have the League either award 3-0 walk overs to the Bolton's final two opponents or to declare them 0-0 draws.

Going forward, will the EFL may tighten up on account auditing and procedures etc?

I thought all games had to have security for Health & Safety. So unless Security are going to get paid then home games won't be able to go ahead as the local council can intervene on public safety concerns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

I thought all games had to have security for Health & Safety. So unless Security are going to get paid then home games won't be able to go ahead as the local council can intervene on public safety concerns.

They could probably make any home games they have left behind closed doors so no staffing required, but really it all depends what staff are still being paid if any.

Are they youth kids and staff being paid? Who picks the team, are any of the managers senior or youth paid up straight? a real mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it has to be played before Sunday. Brentford must be given fair notice to travel too, will almost certainly have to book a hotel. Who pays for the stay they had to cancel? I can see it played behind closed doors to save staffing costs, but then they aren’t making any money either from bars and hospitality. I guess all hospitality and corporate guests will have to be refunded too. And of course the Brentford tickets not only for Brentford fans but their own fans too?  What a mess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

I thought all games had to have security for Health & Safety. So unless Security are going to get paid then home games won't be able to go ahead as the local council can intervene on public safety concerns.

The stadium would have security on site or at a remote location and on call 24/7 anyway. I’ve seen behind closed doors matches at AG and there have been staff in attendance, eg security, groundstaff, etc. They also are required to have medical staff and an ambulance even for the most low key games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2019 at 10:23, 1960maaan said:

As @Dastardly and Muttley said.

 

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 10.22.43.png

I do find it odd there is these “player welfare” regulations in place to stop players having to play another game within 48 hours (probably rightly so tbh) but in the non-leagues on more than one occasion at the end of a season teams have been forced to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday to get games in and that’s without professional physios and state of the art recovery methods - oh and going to work all day in between.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I do find it odd there is these “player welfare” regulations in place to stop players having to play another game within 48 hours (probably rightly so tbh) but in the non-leagues on more than one occasion at the end of a season teams have been forced to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday to get games in and that’s without professional physios and state of the art recovery methods - oh and going to work all day in between.

Easter Saturday, Easter Monday is ok normally for pros each year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I do find it odd there is these “player welfare” regulations in place to stop players having to play another game within 48 hours (probably rightly so tbh) but in the non-leagues on more than one occasion at the end of a season teams have been forced to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday to get games in and that’s without professional physios and state of the art recovery methods - oh and going to work all day in between.

Don't forget the odd 'double fixture' on an evening after work 2 games of 60 minutes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2019 at 12:29, BanburyRed said:

Seems all too late for the EFL to get involved here, whether you like Bolton or not, where have they been and what have they been doing? And what have the PFA been up to? Also conspicious in their silence. It's not like this has only just been happening.

All words but no action when it comes to proper effective governance.

Asking the U-18's to fulfil (possibly) the remaining 2 fixtures, you're effectively asking a group of boys to break a picket line.

What an absolute mess.

I would have thought they haven’t been paid either!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...