Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Club and Country

Bath City new kit

Interestingly, being made by Bristol sport, with option to vote on the design of away kit

Didnt expect to see them branching out the designing of kits I have to admit!

Edited by Club and Country
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not surprised with the number of Sports clubs now involved with us. If we make good kits then we should be selling to other clubs. Another good business development.

• Like 1

Anyone able to do a mock up of that red kit with our badge/Dunder? BS have set the standard for our away kit/third kit now, got to be a better kit then we're making for others.

Side note anyone know how BS making kits could help financially for us? Could it help with regards to FFP for City or does it just make more money for Bristol Sport? @Mr Popodopolous @Davefevs either of your know?

Rovers need lots of kit for themselves as well as spare kit for the odd away side. Maybe we could design and supply one for them. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Anyone able to do a mock up of that red kit with our badge/Dunder? BS have set the standard for our away kit/third kit now, got to be a better kit then we're making for others.

Side note anyone know how BS making kits could help financially for us? Could it help with regards to FFP for City or does it just make more money for Bristol Sport? @Mr Popodopolous @Davefevs either of your know?

Probably very little, but gives us greater control over design and supply chain (both very important).

There is a lot of stuff posted about how a player signing like Pogba will generate more than his fee and wages from shirt sales over the deal.  It’s complete rubbish.  So if a club like Man Utd don’t make tens of millions, City certainly won’t enough for it to be a huge factor.

• Like 1

So Bath City are getting into bed with us?  Well, makes sense to continue a good relationship with a local club.  Wonder if it would benefit us if Bath were a bit higher in the league rankings.

Imagine if Bath were a good League One club, would be a quality place to send our loan prospects.

Also, I do enjoy seeing the gradual expansion of Bristol Sport, the brand is growing, slowly but surely.

I really hope Bristol Sport becomes massive, I can see so much potential for it to do more for Bristol, and the South West region.

With SL at the helm, anything is possible.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably very little, but gives us greater control over design and supply chain (both very important).

There is a lot of stuff posted about how a player signing like Pogba will generate more than his fee and wages from shirt sales over the deal.  It’s complete rubbish.  So if a club like Man Utd don’t make tens of millions, City certainly won’t enough for it to be a huge factor.

Wasn't thinking millions, just whether it counted for us given its not our shirts

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Wasn't thinking millions, just whether it counted for us given its not our shirts

I don’t know whether BS manufacture them and sell them to BC to sell.  I suspect not, reckon it’ll be a BS thing.

• Like 1

Could it be that if we take on the making of kits for other clubs that we can get a better deal with our manufacturer? We must only do a relatively small order and by sending them more trade and doing a bigger run ( I do realise it will be different designs ) we can take an even bigger margin? 

6 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

The Bath fans don't seem happy with Bristol sport making the kit! 

Why not?  A local manufacturer versus Nike using slave labour in Cambodia.  Bristol Sport is very much not Bristol City.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Why not?  A local manufacturer versus Nike using slave labour in Cambodia.  Bristol Sport is very much not Bristol City.

Not sure these kits are even made in Europe 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Imagine if Bath were a good League One club, would be a quality place to send our loan prospects.

We already send plenty of loanees there. Morton and Hinds were both there last season, plus we've just taken Cundy the other way permanently. Undoubtedly there is already a great relationship building.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Probably because it will have Bristol on it. Is the kit made in the UK? 

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Also sponsored by Bristol Airport.

Yeah but Bristol sport is associated with us. 

Is it just the football teams and the bears that have Bristol sport kits or are there other teams/sports? 

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Is it just the football teams and the bears that have Bristol sport kits or are there other teams/sports? 

The basketball lot must do too.  Bath must be the first club outside BS to though.

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

I would assume the Flyers do too.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The basketball lot must do too.  Bath must be the first club outside BS to though.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I would assume the Flyers do too.

Pretty sure the Flyers don't have Bristol Sport kits as everybody in the league has their kits made by the same company. Possibly Kappa?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Pretty sure the Flyers don't have Bristol Sport kits as everybody in the league has their kits made by the same company. Possibly Kappa?

I stand corrected.  Actually I do remember something on here about that.

I think it was stated at the very beginning of making our own kits that we'd like to expand into making other kits for other teams, seems like the first step down that path.

Possibly a lot of local clubs in non-league and others would be interested in having at the very least the distributors as a local contact. Trying to deal with a manufacturer from elsewhere in the UK who doesn't really care about you because you're small volume bust be a nightmare for small clubs.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Correct. The BBL have a deal in place with Kappa which means they provide playing kits for all 12 teams. 

Some people around the league think the Kappa deal though wasn't the best on the table. 

Bristol Sport still produce all other merchandise for the Flyers though away from kits.

It's definitely a good idea to have a feeder club for any new fonts Jon Lansdown has discovered on his computer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, paul_fox said:

The Bath fans don't seem happy with Bristol sport making the kit! 

All ten of them?

South Glos College is all Bristol Sport kit, wouldn't surprise me to see them go aggressively after some of the Uni's as well, Bath uni supply was a 1M contract when I was there a few years back. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Helping out local clubs and winding up bitter sags in the process.

You really have to love the club we have become. 

Which local club if any is the closest affiliated to rovers? 

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Mangotsfield? Yate? 

Mangotsfield certainly.  I’m involved in youth football in Bristol and Bath and the relationship between Rovers and the Mangos is there for all to see.  I know a bit about Bath City too, and there is certainly a close relationship with Tinnion.  If Bath City’s development plans come off - which isn’t a given - it could be an interesting few years for the club.

First of all, if I were a Bath City fan I would be a bit pissed to see a Bristol Sport logo on my teams kit. If I were Bristol Sport I would've offered to let them put their own branding on it, for a price. f Lansdown and co want to compete with Nike and Adidas, maybe they should open a clothes shop...

Secondly, am i the only person that thinks the three stripes with the different colours would look absolutely stunning on its own? Purple, yellow, and red together might be a bit jarring, but I think it looks bold.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Secondly, am i the only person that thinks the three stripes with the different colours would look absolutely stunning on its own? Purple, yellow, and red together might be a bit jarring, but I think it looks bold.

Would make a decent Romanian national team kit if blue instead of purple ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

First of all, if I were a Bath City fan I would be a bit pissed to see a Bristol Sport logo on my teams kit. If I were Bristol Sport I would've offered to let them put their own branding on it, for a price. f Lansdown and co want to compete with Nike and Adidas, maybe they should open a clothes shop...

Yep, i thought the kit looked good like that too!

15 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Cretinous Bathonians.

They're not from Bath. 

They sold their London pads, bought some red trousers and shifted West. 

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Off topic but I find this so funny.. When Ronaldo signed for Juventus the papers were saying Juventus had made their money back within a day from shirt sales. This couldn't be anymore inaccurate, Adidas take about 80% of the revenue from replica kit sales, they are a tiny income stream for clubs & no wonder why we make our own kits now. 

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Do we even know if the Bristol Sport kits are actually manufactured locally? I think that’s quite an assumption.