IGNORED

One for Robbored.. Girl power aint enough

WhistleHappy

• Admin
9 hours ago, Robbored said:

My sister and daughter are driving up to Manchester on Wednesday to see the Spice Girls.

Thankfully they never asked me if I wanted to go...................:sleeping:

That could read like you are from The Somerset levels or the Forest of Dean.......  or even, if the song is true, a sag.....

The fault is with their sound set up, nothing to do with the stadiums. I’m just glad our concert didn’t kick off their tour first as there would have been no end of slating for Ashton Gate. Dublin and Cardiff are well experienced in holding concerts, it’s not them especially as it’s been reported that Jess Glynn, the support act, was perfect.

I was at the gig last night in Cardiff thought the sound was OK tbh. The mics failed a couple of times but it was pouring with rain through large parts of the gig, the Spice Girls managed to cover up the messy bits quite well in all honesty. Jess Glyne sounded perfect as the supporting act no issues with sound during her performance at all. I was in the posh seats in the middle section rather than on the floor or high up in the clouds so whether it depended on where you were I don't know (although someone else I know further back had no issues either?) but the crowd noise and band were pretty loud which might have distorted things for some. I am wondering whether people are jumping on the "sound" bandwagon to get refunds as the ticket prices were so high and so wasn't even a sell out, its easy to vent your anger on Twitter to get a reaction and start a refund movement!!

I wouldn't put anyone off going to see them at the Gate I'd say they weren't amazing vocally all the way thru (although Emma Bunton hit some great notes!) but then again thats not really what they are all about, the show was an amazing sight very well put together creating an unbelievable atmosphere and I'm sure the acoustics of the Gate it will be fine.

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

As excited as I am about seeing the Spice Girls, (honestly I am) they aren’t the best vocalists are they, so dare I say it, is that the problem? 

No they aren’t good vocalists for sure! 

However it’s a good job their first concert isn’t at AG..........:rofl2br:

Archived