IGNORED

It's easy for skysports

Redwhitepurple

Since the completion of the new stadium, comforts a new stadium brings and easy access to Bristol from their londonistan headquarters, more and more HOME city games will be on tv compared to away fixtures, proof of this happening already in past 2 seasons, about 85% have been home compared to away

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

"Londonistan"

Oh dear.

If the OP has used this in the way that I fear that he/she has intended then the mods should take a view. 

This is a football forum not a platform for religious intolerance, racism or bigotry. 

If the OP intended a different meaning then state it. 

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If the OP has used this in the way that I fear that he/she has intended then the mods should take a view. 

This is a football forum not a platform for religious intolerance, racism or bigotry. 

If the OP intended a different meaning then state it. 

How about sexism?

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That’s not in my list. 

Not surprising. Certain subjects and posters seem to be given a little more tolerance. Not that I'm against anyone or their subject matter.

Funny how people can't wait to jump on the back of a poster and shoot them down. If we're not careful we could end up with a forum like Rovers, where only a certain few are tolerated and look where that's got them.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That’s not in my list. 

Then if it’s a concern to you, trawl through my posts, @Richand identify those where I have been in any way sexist. Alternatively ask for the opinion of one of our lady mods such as @RedM to discover whether offence has ever been taken. Referring to sex is not sexism  

Sexism

noun

1. prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Just now, hodge said:

Think so, think I remember reading something the amount for the away team is actually pretty small

Cool - then I guess we should be glad that more home games are shown.

Also, I don’t tend to go away much but better I am inconvenienced to juggle my time than fans going miles up the road for different start times.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Then if it’s a concern to you, trawl through my posts, @Richand identify those where I have been in any way sexist. Alternatively ask for the opinion of one of our lady mods such as @RedM to discover whether offence has ever been taken. Referring to sex is not sexism  

Sexism

noun

1. prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

As I stated, not that I'm against anyone or their subject matter. I do feel however that if you weren't such a popular poster, then perhaps your posts and your user name might well have caused offence to some, so therefore you are given a little leniency. Some might think that your constant references to having had this one, or had her might be demeaning to the female race as a whole and as such is sexist, I don't remember referring to having had him, or whoever. So in that instance might it not be sexist, that is unless you have claimed to have had this bloke or that bloke, perhaps you have and nobody is safe from your advances. This is rather tongue in cheek so don't get on your high horse. What I'm pointing out is that, there are some posters that get jumped on straight away and almost bullied by the more regular posters, who it would appear on the face of it, seem to think this is their forum, when in reality it's just their ego's that have lead them to believe that to be the case.

Long may your imaginary conquests continue, as it is a way of free speech not yet hindered by PC.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

As I stated, not that I'm against anyone or their subject matter. I do feel however that if you weren't such a popular poster, then perhaps your posts and your user name might well have caused offence to some, so therefore you are given a little leniency. Some might think that your constant references to having had this one, or had her might be demeaning to the female race as a whole and as such is sexist, I don't remember referring to having had him, or whoever. So in that instance might it not be sexist, that is unless you have claimed to have had this bloke or that bloke, perhaps you have and nobody is safe from your advances. This is rather tongue in cheek so don't get on your high horse. What I'm pointing out is that, there are some posters that get jumped on straight away and almost bullied by the more regular posters, who it would appear on the face of it, seem to think this is their forum, when in reality it's just their ego's that have lead them to believe that to be the case.

Long may your imaginary conquests continue, as it is a way of free speech not yet hindered by PC.

Thank you for your explanation.

I strive NEVER to cause offence or cause for complaint. I trust that I never have and never will. 

This forum belongs to all of us. It’s an egalitarian society in which the mods perform their roles quietly and efficiently. However if there is posting behaviour which forum members find concerning then they should, imo step forward.

I questioned the OP of this thread  for using the term “Londonistan” as it is difficult to imagine the innocent meaning which he/she could have intended. I wasn’t bullying, merely acting as a ‘good citizen’ of the forum.

This forum is very well used every day by a wide number of members. We must all ensure that we don’t allow posters to get away with religious intolerance, racism, bigotry and of course, sexism. We must keep our standards high however we mustn’t create such an extremely politically correct environment that we have to tread on eggshells for fear of ever causing offence. It’s an adult environment but we all know the lines which mustn’t be crossed. Well rather, most of us do. Some need reminding and that’s where we came in. 

Londonistan is such a stupid word.  The suffix "stan" means "place of".

So by writing Londonistan, you are saying that London is the place of the Londoners.  Which is fine if that's what you mean, but pretty damn stupid if you think it means "too many brown people in London".

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Londonistan is such a stupid word.  The suffix "stan" means "place of".

So by writing Londonistan, you are saying that London is the place of the Londoners.  Which is fine if that's what you mean, but pretty damn stupid if you think it means "too many brown people in London".

No, there are far too many cockneys though 

Archived