If you want any further details e-mail me at

johngreatwestern@aol.com

Should that be the 15th?

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Senior reds lunch's start Thursday  14 August 2019

Guest speaker is the boss, Lee Johnson.

If you want any further details e-mail me at

johngreatwestern@aol.com

Cheers John, that sounds like a good one! I think I’ve asked this before, but are ‘well under 55s and retired’ welcome? Cheers

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers John, that sounds like a good one! I think I’ve asked this before, but are ‘well under 55s and retired’ welcome? Cheers

Retired or 55 are the criteria fo Senior Reds. If you’re retired before 55 you still qualify.

As it ‘appens I retired aged 55.......

Not many can retire at 55 these days, so even if you are over that age you would most likely be at work at that time of day anyway. This seems a little outdated, much like the need for the group? But I guess if it makes people happy that’s good. Myself, well I hate being catagorised and grouped. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not many can retire at 55 these days, so even if you are over that age you would most likely be at work at that time of day anyway. This seems a little outdated, much like the need for the group? But I guess if it makes people happy that’s good. Myself, well I hate being catagorised and grouped. 

As you know RedM I retired on an NHS pension accrued over a 38 year career. 

I was Senior Nurse and received a substantial lump sum along with my half salary pension upon retirement .  Had I been in a non governmental job  without a pension I’d probably had to work until by OAP aged 66..........

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

For most senior Reds I would guess 55 is a distant memory! 

I guess you won't want a cheaper SC, pension, bus pass, and any other age related "perks" when you get to the age at which you will be "categorised & grouped"? ?

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

For most senior Reds I would guess 55 is a distant memory! 

I guess you won't want a cheaper SC, pension, bus pass, and any other age related "perks" when you get to the age at which you will be "categorised & grouped"? ?

I meant voluntarily grouped, eg joining a senior Reds, whether I qualified their criteria or not. A fan is a fan and doesn’t need to be grouped.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I meant voluntarily grouped, eg joining a senior Reds, whether I qualified their criteria or not. A fan is a fan and doesn’t need to be grouped.

oh I don't know I would class myself now as a armchair fan, who in the last 5yrs or so has managed a dozen actual visits ? but maybe that can be offset by the previous 45yrs worth of credits the first 15 of which when I hardly missed a game home or away.

Point being how many games must you watch to be a classed as a fan and for how long, or maybe you just have to buy a ST?

46 minutes ago, RedM said:

I get what you are saying red but it’s not a big deal,Im just waiting for the unemployed and under 35 group then I will be fuming 

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not sure I follow your logic. There are a multitude of social and sports groups to cater for the many and diverse interests that people have and accordingly choose to join, and many are defined by, amongst other criteria, age. Whether that be young or old. 

Anyway you may feel differently about the Senior Reds when you are a wrinkly! ??

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

As you know RedM I retired on an NHS pension accrued over a 38 year career. 

I was Senior Nurse and received a substantial lump sum along with my half salary pension upon retirement .  Had I been in a non governmental job  without a pension I’d probably had to work until by OAP aged 66..........

I have friends and ex-colleagues who have retired at a similar age and ended up in Spain or whatever doing bugger all day and bored out of their skin, getting fat and pissed up.

Or worse - a couple took up bowls.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The first option sounds right up my street 

Mine too.

Mrs. BCFC01 has other ideas unfortunately (although I'm working on it).

But bowls ? In those white uniforms with the hat ? 

Blimey, it'll be dinners next with.....oh, hang on.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Not many can retire at 55 these days, so even if you are over that age you would most likely be at work at that time of day anyway. This seems a little outdated, much like the need for the group? But I guess if it makes people happy that’s good. Myself,

***well I hate being catagorised and grouped. 

***me too, threesomes are an absolutely maximum. ? 

7 hours ago, Westcountry Robins said:

This sounds great, if you are over 55 and retired. What about those under 55 and working though? Not eligible and couldn’t make the lunchtime slot anyway. Baby boomers coming out on top yet again. 

Don't worry...it's been said that the food is overpriced and shit.

11 hours ago, Rich said:

I'd like to be able to answer that, I used to be able to answer those questions, now my wife somehow needs to take over.

I'm still quite lucid in thought, but then I'm not 55 until December when it looks like it will all begin to go downhill. Not unlike a football season really.

9 hours ago, RedM said:

Welcome to the “hate being categorised” group. Membership is free. Meetings are held on the third Thursday each month.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Don't worry...it's been said that the food is overpriced and shit.

Many think many things and some players are as well, but each to their own, I mean who would pay a fiver for a pint, do they not know that's £40 a gallon, mind you hate to think how much Costa Coffee is ?

Archived