Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dollymarie

Another Red has sadly died - Beezer *funeral details*

Very sad news. I didn’t know him personally, but from the pictures I recognise him - probably from being in the SC&T bar. 

RIP fellow red and condolences to his family and friends. 

Sad news , a true red and obviously particularly personal to you Dolly so really sincere condolences 

(I didn’t  know him,  but can tell you he would have been so proud about your words , how you regarded him and your relationship)

If I despise anything in life it’s that ******** disease , it’s absolutely ripped my family , and me apart in last few years

RIP Martin , Keep the Red Flag flying mate 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Used to sit in front of us in the atyeo and then the south stand. Only ever spoke to him a few times but he had a cracking sense of humour and would chat to anyone. Almost seemed part of the furniture.

RIP mate.

• Like 4

Like @littlered said above, I got to know him from sitting in the Atyeo stand many years ago, but got to know him more and more from drinking in the SC&T bar

Always stopped and said "Hello".

He was a true gentleman

RIP

Now lets beat Leeds in his memory !!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Hi all,

On football season eve, another Red has sadly passed away. Beezer (Martin Bees) was diagnosed with terminal cancer during the close season, and sadly passed away in St Peters Hospice yesterday evening. 

He was secretary of the SC&T and a very familiar face around the ground. I’m sure people will recognise him from the pictures below. 

From a personal perspective, he was my football dad, and in many ways had been more of a dad to me than my actual one, in recent years. 

Funeral details to be announced in due course. 

Night night Beezer :( x

C9179AA8-360D-448A-A9E0-F934550AE57C.jpeg

ADCBFA32-CE75-4548-A9AE-E4281C18F869.jpeg

One of the nicest, funniest, definatley loudest 😀 guys i ever new from the supporters club.

He will be sorely missed by his football friends and family.

God bless x

• Like 3

That is terribly sad news. I got to know Beezer well during my time as SLO. A genuinely lovely, kind man. I used to call into the SC&T bar as part of my pre-game matchday rounds, and even though he knew I was 'on duty', he was always trying to buy me a pint. I'll raise a glass to him tonight. Please let me know about the funeral arrangements Marie.

• Like 2

That's a dissapointing bit of news at this time of year, used to sit in front of me in the Atyeo and then the SS always happy to say hello, occasionally saw him on the news coming out of the court rooms (representing someone) instantly recognisable. 

A big loss to the Bristol City family. 

Sad news........I only heard yesterday that Martin was seriously ill and now he’s passed, what a shocker.

I new him really well with him being a Nailsea resident and would frequently chat with him in the SC&B before games. I’m gonna miss him especially on a matchday.

• Like 6

R.I.P fellow red and condolences to all family and friends. 

Another member of the City family leaves us to join the growing supporters group in the sky. :(

Martin, I will miss our chats at the game commiserating each other when we have lost and the happy look on your face when we had won, won't be quite the same without you. Till we meet again god bless you.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

A very distant relation of mine (by marriage) although, sadly, I never met the man. 

RIP Beezer. Forever Red.

Really dreadful news. Sat  in front of me in the South Stand. Games will not be as entertaining any more that’s for sure. 

RIP to a genuine city fan and a top man. 

• Like 1

I didn’t know him but it sounds like we have lost another truly great character from our City family.

Deepest condolences to all those who knew him, it sounds like he will be missed by many. 

I didn’t know him, but use to see him walking up to his seat in the South Stand every home game always stopping to speak to loads of people, just shows what a popular guy he was.

RIP Beezer and i’m sure you’ll be watching from above on Sunday cheering the boys on.

20 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Really dreadful news. Sat  in front of me in the South Stand. Games will not be as entertaining any more that’s for sure. 

RIP to a genuine city fan and a top man. 

Sad news RIP. Did he by any chance sit in S21 on the end of a row ? Think I used to sit behind him.

Absolute legend. I always remember one of his classic lines under the sean o'driscoll era...” this reminds me of my bedroom, all side to side but no penetration” RIP  

• Haha 4

One of those larger than life characters that everyone seems to know. Sad news he seemed to have a great sense of humour and a real passion for City. RIP big man

• Like 1

Very sad to hear this. I can only echo what others have said. Beezer was a lovely bloke, always good for a chat and a laugh as part of the City family. 

Rest in peace, Beezer. 

Condolences to his family and friends. 

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sad news , a true red and obviously particularly personal to you Dolly so really sincere condolences 

(I didn’t  know him,  but can tell you he would have been so proud about your words , how you regarded him and your relationship)

If I despise anything in life it’s that ******** disease , it’s absolutely ripped my family , and me apart in last few years

RIP Martin , Keep the Red Flag flying mate 

@Dollymarie what Bob said.  Couldn’t put it into words better, ta Bob.  Saw your tweet earlier too.  Take care, thinking off you.

• Thanks 1