Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WRERE

Marlon Pack - Confirmed signed for Cardiff (Merged)

Cardiff. Very very late move for Marlon Pack at Bristol City. Been a stalwart for years. Now on way if can be done. Odd day at both clubs.

Nixon.

Seems very very late but IF TRUE we probably do need to reduce the size of the squad and of course the wage bill.

Nonetheless a very odd one.

The Paterson to Derby one made more sense.

• Like 2

The only way I can see this being true - and I don't think it is - is if Bobby Reid to Fulham has fallen through and this is part of the deal. Otherwise how does this benefit us? We don't need to sell in central midfield and Pack still has a role to play. 

Edited by LondonBristolian

No thanks. This move would tip the balance towards this window being underwhelming overall. Kalas and Massengo are coups but overall I fear we are going to be a weaker team than last year’s team. 

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Club appears to be at that stage of a Football Manager season when everything is going badly so you just start being a dick.

If this was like football manager, we’d have saved game yesterday and restarted after Nketiah signed for Leeds!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Club appears to be at that stage of a Football Manager season when everything is going badly so you just start being a dick.

Steve Lansdown needs to pop it in holiday mode and come back to it again tomorrow, I think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperDziek said:

If this was like football manager, we’d have saved game yesterday and restarted after Nketiah signed for Leeds!

Have you been drinking with Tommy again?

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

You forgot add new manager to cancel the Leeds bid

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

And managed Leeds as a second manager to stop the transfer

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Pack has needed upgrading for a couple of years and now we have. Weird one for Cardiff though. 

He has but its a squad game. we now finally have 2 who can play that role so we decide to get rid of one. Stupid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I'd have added myself as Leeds manager and withdrawn their offer. 

And then flogged or released all their senior goalkeepers before resigning. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

And managed Leeds as a second manager to stop the transfer

Add manager of Leeds Utd and buy all of city under 23'3 for 150m Leeds go bust.... happy days

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

...and then go back and start again! 

10 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

you beat me to it...and this is a better scenario!

2 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Perhaps Walsh ain't going anywhere..

But will he be used or will Nagy now get flogged to death like Pack was?

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd have added myself as Leeds manager and withdrawn their offer. 

And then flogged or released all their senior goalkeepers before resigning. 

or maybe got fed up and taken over at Rovers, destroying their squad, playing everyone out of position and seeing how many matches you could lose before you got the sack...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smokey said:

He has but its a squad game. we now finally have 2 who can play that role so we decide to get rid of one. Stupid.

With Nagy, Walsh, Massengo and Brownhill we have 4 for 2 spots so we’re reasonably covered. MP is probably one of the highest earners too. 

Massengo can attack and defend and let’s face it, Marlon isn’t great at either. He’s not mobile enough to be an effective box to box midfielder and offers very little in the way of protection to the back 4. 

• Like 3

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

With Nagy, Walsh, Massengo and Brownhill we have 4 for 2 spots so we’re reasonably covered. MP is probably one of the highest earners too. 

Massengo can attack and defend and let’s face it, Marlon isn’t great at either. He’s not mobile enough to be an effective box to box midfielder and offers very little in the way of protection to the back 4. 

Will be a mistake getting rid of Marlon, Walsh was barley used last season. Brownhill cant play the defensive role and we don't know if Massengo or Nagy will settle.

• Like 1

For better or worse - and I'm a fan - City's lynchpin for a couple of years, the whole basis of the 'build from the back' style has surely been Marlon Pack. If there was a player you wouldn't want to sell in the last minutes of the transfer window, after all your preseason training, it would be such a player...no matter how strong his potential replacement...who signed yesterday.

• Like 2