IGNORED

Benik Afobe - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Selred

Can't believe people moaning. He has pedigree and if he can get back to the form of a few years ago, a great signing.

Not necessarily desperation either. We may have had talks going on a while but only allowed to leave when Stoke got Hogan in. I'd prefer Afobe over Hogan too. Hopefully we have an option to buy.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Absolutely. Too many setting up to scream abuse at the club for not signing a striker and have now had to change it to getting angry about who we`ve actually signed.

FWIW I think he`s a good player who was shabbily treated by Wolves and Stoke and has a point to prove.

Welcome Benik, tear it up son!

Why shabbily treated RRH?  Genuinely interested. 

4 minutes ago, pigeon said:

So funny seeing people moaning about this... We literally were down to the wire and we've pulled out Benik Afobe. Are any of you seriously suggesting we'd be better off with nothing, which is where we were about 45 minutes ago? 

Looking at our incomings and lack of outgoings this window, brilliant work by the club. Yes it would have been nice to have Nketiah, but we've got a proven Championship goal scorer and some fantastic additions to the rest of the team with Pereria, Masssengo, Nagy, and Afobe, all in the past 5 days!

Out of likes, but I agree 100%.

There we go, plan B, C, D or E that's how it works we got a player of quality.

Well done to all involved now can the hysterics go give their heads a big wobble.

Whether he delivers or is played in the system that suits him and the team best is up to others but looks like Ashton did his job.

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Haha love the halfhearted welcome 

I guess? Was not meant quite like that. There  is of course some risk here, but there also was with the young Arsenal lad. We are simply not going to sign the top scorer in the Championship last season, whatever we may want. This has real potential if it comes right. That is where we are.

Welcome aboard at BCFC, Benik

Thanks for signing up just as we were beginning to think no one was coming at all

All the best my friend, I'm really hoping you can show all the miserable lot on here that you can be a decent loan signing

and this time next season a few people are eating their words.

All the best!

7 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Man we sign a player and he gets so much hate because he's not x or y. 

Afobe is a proven championship striker, he's been playing in a horrendous Stoke team (3 wins since Jones took over). 

If we can get him playing like he did at wolves then the goals will come. 

He's a good signing is he the 20 goal striker we all wanted? Time will tell. 

Init bruv.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think quite a good addition- out of the blue too!

Tough time at Stoke but better mobility than Diedhiou, better technically?

Reasonably happy! Rowett and it seems Jones don't seem the best style wise. In the right setup he can do well IMO.

Having listened to some of the going ons at Stoke I’m not surprised he’s not performed as the club had become a poisonous culture

I hope he does well and proves to be the player we all hope he is and bangs in lots of goals

A slight upgrade on Fam in my opinion because of his previous success at this level

Fingers crossed 

Archived