Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Team for Boro Game


Recommended Posts

Williams to come in and possibly Nagy to make a surprise return ?

Wouldn't be surprised to see;

                Bentley

 Moore   Williams   Baker

Hunt  Nagy  Brownhill  Rowe

               Palmer

      Weimann  Afobe

Probably Massengo for Nagy, but if Nagy is fit enough he will play imo.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Williams to come in and possibly Nagy to make a surprise return ?

Wouldn't be surprised to see;

                Bentley

 Moore   Williams   Baker

Hunt  Nagy  Brownhill  Rowe

               Palmer

      Weimann  Afobe

Probably Massengo for Nagy, but if Nagy is fit enough he will play imo.

 

According to Duran Duran in the Bristol Post, Nagy is recovering well, and has been called up by Hungary for the Euro qualifiers, but Saturday may be too soon. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-handed-boost-over-3259911

I expect us to stick with Massengo and go with a back four and the love god Kasey Palmer. 

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Williams to come in and possibly Nagy to make a surprise return ?

Wouldn't be surprised to see;

                Bentley

 Moore   Williams   Baker

Hunt  Nagy  Brownhill  Rowe

               Palmer

      Weimann  Afobe

Probably Massengo for Nagy, but if Nagy is fit enough he will play imo.

 

Williams will be on the bench at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

According to Duran Duran in the Bristol Post, Nagy is recovering well, and has been called up by Hungary for the Euro qualifiers, but Saturday may be too soon. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-handed-boost-over-3259911

I expect us to stick with Massengo and go with a back four and the love god Kasey Palmer. 

Yes, he said the plan is to have him back for the Stoke game so no chance for Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Williams will be on the bench at least is probably more accurate imo.

But I think LJ won't want to change from a back three.

Did us no harm at Hull, in fact Palmer coming on and us going to a 4 changed the game in our favour.  I think it'll be the team that finished the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Think it’ll be a 4-3-1-2

Nagy to return.

 

                   Bentley

Hunt    Moore    Baker    Rowe

Massengo  Nagy  Brownhill

                  Palmer

          Weimann Afobe

Seems highly unlikely that Nagy will play when he won’t even be fit for Hungary’s first game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Seems highly unlikely that Nagy will play when he won’t even be fit for Hungary’s first game. 

They have a friendly on 5th September, I'd be surprised if he isn't fit for that.

He'll definitely be fit for the Slovakia game on 9th September, which is the next Euro game for them.

As for saturday, I wouldn't rule it out tbh but no need to rush him back with Massengo/Brownhill doing well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on whether LJ thinks Williams is ready, I'd like to see:

                                      Bentley 

                 Moore         Williams           Baker

Hunt           Brownhill             Massengo             Rowe

                                     Palmer 

                    Weimann                Afobe 

If Williams isn't ready, then I think it'll be a back 4, with maybe Eliasson coming in for the injured Kalas.

I don't think Nagy will be rushed back and considering how good Han has been, we needn't worry! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They have a friendly on 5th September, I'd be surprised if he isn't fit for that.

He'll definitely be fit for the Slovakia game on 9th September, which is the next Euro game for them.

As for saturday, I wouldn't rule it out tbh but no need to rush him back with Massengo/Brownhill doing well.

 

I doubt Johnson was lying to be honest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 97Red said:

Depending on whether LJ thinks Williams is ready, I'd like to see:

                                      Bentley 

                 Moore         Williams           Baker

Hunt           Brownhill             Massengo             Rowe

                                     Palmer 

                    Weimann                Afobe 

If Williams isn't ready, then I think it'll be a back 4, with maybe Eliasson coming in for the injured Kalas.

I don't think Nagy will be rushed back and considering how good Han has been, we needn't worry! 

I think he may have been playing on saturday if we didn't have Massengo. He's been training again and he's naturally a very fit lad evidenced by the amount of ground he covers per game.

Anyway, if he's not back saturday then definitely Stoke - he'll be fit for Hungarys friendly on the 5th imo as a warm up for their Euro game on the 9th.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Isn't it great seeing fans of teams who we've been miles behind in recent memory now scared of us giving them a hiding.

It is.

But I can't see us giving them a hiding tbh.

They've got a good squad and will be up around playoffs come the end of season imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 97Red said:

Depending on whether LJ thinks Williams is ready, I'd like to see:

                                      Bentley 

                 Moore         Williams           Baker

Hunt           Brownhill             Massengo             Rowe

                                     Palmer 

                    Weimann                Afobe 

If Williams isn't ready, then I think it'll be a back 4, with maybe Eliasson coming in for the injured Kalas.

I don't think Nagy will be rushed back and considering how good Han has been, we needn't worry! 

If we go back 3, that will be the team, although Hunt and Pereira seem to be sharing minutes, so who knows.

If we go back 4 I think it will be 4312.  It would be a bit of a gamble but you could go:

Bentley

Hunt (Pereira) | Moore | Baker | Rowe

Brownhill | Massengo | Palmer

Szmodics (O’Dowda)

Weimann | Afobe

I think Palmer can be trusted in a 3, and it can morph into various fluid formations with Weimann and Szmodics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Bentley

 

Pereira

Moore

Baker

Rowe

 

Massengo

Brownhill

 

Eliasson

Palmer

 

Weimann

Afobe

 

For me Pereira would be a bit better in a back 4 as at times Hunt can be caught out playing as a right full back and I can see Johnson reverting to that in the absence of Kalas. 

Yes pererra and Messengo a must for me 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...